... to be tired of the Goady Fuckers?

(371 Posts)
MmeLindor Thu 31-Jan-13 10:00:17

Is it just me or has there been an increase in goady thread derailing in the last couple of weeks? It seems even the most innocuous of threads are being deliberately diverted by posters who only post offensive or ridiculous comments then refuse to back down.

Here's what I use MN for:

Fun
Support
Advice
Chat
Activism and feminism
Bloggers chat
Politics

Not to have arguments with Goady Fuckers who are sitting at home delighted to have got us all off topic.

A lot of threads I've been on in the past few days have been taken completely off topic or detailed. Have we been invaded MNHQ or is it the work of a couple of fuckwits individuals?

Who wants to join me in an Anti Goady Fucker Campaign?

I vote that when someone tries to derail a thread that we all ignore and do a mass report to MNHQ. They are fed up hearing from me in the past weeks.

MmeLindor Thu 31-Jan-13 10:54:04

I'm not a sensitive flower, I can fire back with the best of them.

But I hate that interesting debates are being shut down because of one fucker.

And yes, I consider them trolls as do MNHQ otherwise goading would not be a deletable offence that could lead to a ban.

I'd just like to see people ignore and report rather than getting into a bun fight with them

MmeLindor Thu 31-Jan-13 10:55:11

Spb
Yep. Noticed that too. Horrible

Lol at Petite. They are all FUCKERS

LifeofPo Thu 31-Jan-13 10:56:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

manicbmc Thu 31-Jan-13 11:00:33

I wanted to post on that thread, what with me being afraid of dogs off leads and having terrible neighbours who let their hound rampage through my front and back gardens, but I decided I would be told to 'get over it' and get some counselling and so I didn't.

MmeLindor Thu 31-Jan-13 11:07:25

Maybe I was being a sensitive flower there smile

There was a thread about education and Gove recently where a poster stated there was no excuse for bad behaviour and kids should be expelled - with no excuses. When she was asked about children with troubled home life - such as a child who'd recently lost a parent - she said that a bereavement wouldn't normally mean that a child would start to misbehave.

Of course people respond to that and the discussion of the education policies of the government got side-tracked.

LifeofPo Thu 31-Jan-13 11:09:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FloatyBeatie Thu 31-Jan-13 11:10:52

But that just sounds like someone expressing their view, Mm, and the normal meandering of a thread. Frustrating if the convo isn't going in a direction you find interesting, but not wrongful. I was at a book group the other day where I was silently annoyed that people wouldn't stay on-topic -- but of course everyone has a different idea of what on-topic is, and not even the OP has a right to insist about that (though of course on very sensitive threads people are -- rightly -- almost always less meandering)

manicbmc Thu 31-Jan-13 11:10:58

Definitely ignoring - those sorts hate to be ignored. That's why they post such utter bilge.

LtEveDallas Thu 31-Jan-13 11:15:30

I have a problem with the Goady Fuckers because I seem to be unable to keep hold of my inner sarcastic bitch when they are around. I'm normally quite serene (no, really!) but I have to work hard to supress. When the Goady Fucker comes along it all goes out the window...

The Po piss me off too, and then there are the ones that spend most of their time telling MNHQ how to run their own site...that really gets my goat, it's just so bloody rude

Narked Thu 31-Jan-13 11:15:54

There's been a lot of trolling on here for a couple of weeks. More recently some very obvious obnoxious stuff.

Report it and ignore them. Easy to say I know, but it does actually work - they are looking for a reaction.

gordyslovesheep Thu 31-Jan-13 11:16:56

I read that as anti Gordyness and I was a sad

I will join you though now I re-read!

I understand.
There is a differnce between
person A who disagrees with the OP or with another poster about how best to support the OP with her problem and
person B who is NOT being supportive or looking for an answer to the problem and is off topic

person A represents legitimate debate, person B represents goady fuckerness

is that the size of it?

Pagwatch Thu 31-Jan-13 11:18:02

I try to ignore goady fuckers.
I am not doing very well with that strategy today.
grin

LaQueen Thu 31-Jan-13 11:18:15

Manic now that's just mean...

These people so desperately, desperately want to be taken so seriously, and for people to notice them. Have a heart...think of it as charidee...

ModernToss Thu 31-Jan-13 11:20:06

This (the horse riding example) is absolute textbook trolling.

manicbmc Thu 31-Jan-13 11:20:32

Okay... I'll feed the GFs and play their games. grin

pirouette Thu 31-Jan-13 11:22:14

I got on my high horse as I read the title as goaty fuckers and thought it was about the Oxfam goat. blush

<gets coat>

MmeLindor Thu 31-Jan-13 11:23:30

Norks / Floaty
It's not just going off topic -
That's part of life, and part of online fora

If I see someone do this then sometimes I do an advanced search - the person is often new or on a new name change, posts a lot over short period of time, often just one or two posts on each thread, and often offensive or derailing threads

That example - if I search and see that the poster is vehemently anti-horse riding and always bangs on about it - I shrug and leave it.

Same with pro vax / anti vax type posters - with an agenda and willing to derail any thread to have an argument about it.

Annoying but not GFs

LaQueen Thu 31-Jan-13 11:24:34

[pats manic approvingly...]

MmeLindor Thu 31-Jan-13 11:25:01

Ignoring only helps if we all recognise this type of trolling.

Which is why I'm posting about it.

LtEveDallas Thu 31-Jan-13 11:26:34

I've done exactly that today Mme, with someone who made my radar 'ping' and yes, she is an out and out GF that I am now going to have to try and ignore lest my Blood Pressure rises again...

MmeLindor Thu 31-Jan-13 11:27:33

Report to MNHQ LtEve. Or kick her sorry ass back to NYC

manicbmc Thu 31-Jan-13 11:28:39

Some people just have nothing better to do than antagonise. Sad goady fuckers.

LtEveDallas Thu 31-Jan-13 11:29:04

Poor old MNHQ. Lots of reports today simply stating "Goady Fucker" grin

(Ohhh "Message deleted because poster is a Goady Fucker" - now that I like!)

LaQueen Thu 31-Jan-13 11:32:48

What concerns me (well, it doesn't really, but I like to pretend to be kind and caring on the last Thursday of every month) is that these people are just so angry all the time ...

Chiil, lovely people...sniff the roses, or somefink...life's too short...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now