in thinking that mumsnetters don't like men very much?

(232 Posts)
examiner99 Fri 25-Jan-13 13:57:55

I'm new to mumsnet and thought it would be a great place for positive mutual support, but I'm aghast at how many 'I've lost my man so let's encourage some other poor woman to ditch hers' posters there are here. People are not perfect, men or women, so why is everything the man's fault? (I am a mum by the way, in case you were wondering...)

what was the bad bit?

andtheycalleditbunnylove Sat 26-Jan-13 17:28:46

i like honest, decent men. why should i like any others?

such a lot of men are horrible to their partners and the women are too down-trodden to leave without someone saying 'it's ok, go, he's being horrible'. they need mumsnet.

so, leave the bastard.

yourname1111 Sun 17-Feb-13 23:53:26

@OP you got that right. no wonder most of the population both men and women associate feminism with man hating

I don't know about that, yourname111. I'm a feminist and I've liked a lot of men <tries to breathe out cigarette smoke in a sexy, post-coital way> <makes horrible choking noise instead>

I don't like arseholes. That's fair enough isn't it?

I was much more surprised by how much some mumsnetters don't like other women.

My husband is a man, he's lovely. My DS is scrummy.

YAB a twat U

Rhiannon86 Mon 18-Feb-13 07:58:46

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Mumblepot26 Mon 18-Feb-13 11:16:56

OP YANBU, I am with you on this one, there are definately a significant number of women who shout 'leave the bastard' at the slightest hint of an imperfect man. They seem to have an over romanticised and idealised view of what a man should be. We are ALL flawed, we are all human, none of us is perfect and no single relationship is perfect. This is not a Holywood movie, this is real life! I say wise up ladies......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now