Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

in thinking that mumsnetters don't like men very much?

(232 Posts)
examiner99 Fri 25-Jan-13 13:57:55

I'm new to mumsnet and thought it would be a great place for positive mutual support, but I'm aghast at how many 'I've lost my man so let's encourage some other poor woman to ditch hers' posters there are here. People are not perfect, men or women, so why is everything the man's fault? (I am a mum by the way, in case you were wondering...)

AnyaKnowIt Fri 25-Jan-13 13:59:58

hmm

MolotovCocktail Fri 25-Jan-13 14:00:25

Nah, YABU! I've been Mumsnettig for about 1yr now and it really depends on what forum you post on. Lots of very supportive people on here; just depends how you pitch your post and where you look.

Sugarice Fri 25-Jan-13 14:01:03

I love men! just not the twatty arsey ones.

StephaniePowers Fri 25-Jan-13 14:01:04

Eh?

WorraLiberty Fri 25-Jan-13 14:01:40

No, some Mumsnetters clearly don't like men very much and they make it very clear.

But actually I think they're fairly few and far between.

At times MN can seem a bit biased, but often you'll see people being pulled up on it.

Tweasels Fri 25-Jan-13 14:02:00

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

PessaryPam Fri 25-Jan-13 14:02:07

I think the advice to LTB is given out very sparingly actually. I have been amazed at how much shite behaviour is put up with and normalised from male partners.

I'm glad my DH is a goodun, and I feel very sorry for the others who are putting up with arseholes.

BerthaKitt Fri 25-Jan-13 14:02:15

'I'm new to mumsnet'

So you're in a well-informed position to make that judgement then!

ImNotDrunkIJustCantType Fri 25-Jan-13 14:02:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LittleChimneyDroppings Fri 25-Jan-13 14:03:00

What a load of rubbish. Go and make yourself a cup of tea and have one of these biscuit to go with it hmm

BIWI Fri 25-Jan-13 14:03:31

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.... ad nauseum.

Read around the boards first before you make such a stupid comment.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 25-Jan-13 14:03:45

We see a bad relationship.
We call a bad relationship.
That's how we roll.

AngelWreakinHavoc Fri 25-Jan-13 14:04:00

I dont think ALL women on Mumsnet are Men haters.

BUT there is a lot of bitter Women on here who do hate Men.

You will find though that men bashing is not common place on Mumsnet and People will speak up if it is seen happening.

BIWI Fri 25-Jan-13 14:04:05

<sighs>

ad nauseam, obviously.

AngelWreakinHavoc Fri 25-Jan-13 14:04:27

x post with Worra.

Whoknowswhocares Fri 25-Jan-13 14:04:53

So......someone posts about a twattish idiot who is making their lives a misery.

You think they should roll over and accept this? That the best advice is for people to say 'ah well, nobody's perfect' and move on.

Haha, good one!!!!!! grin

ImNotDrunkIJustCantType Fri 25-Jan-13 14:05:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ComposHat Fri 25-Jan-13 14:05:53

I agree

I am a man and I am filled with self-loathing.

I have tried to leave myself on numerous occasions.

thegreylady Fri 25-Jan-13 14:06:26

Don't worry love grin just read as many boards as you can-baby names is quite gentle,you are better on chat than on AIBU and any of the Health boards is fine.Stay away from Relationships unless you have a problem in which case LTB and come and tell us all about it smile
I love MN and I love all the men in my life-ds,dssx2,ds-i-l and most of all dh but some men are bastards and some women are bitches that's life.

cory Fri 25-Jan-13 14:06:47

The reason I am sometimes found on Relationship threads urging posters to ditch their abusive men is that I do like men- decent, upright, kindly, grown-up men, men who pull their weight, men who are proud to make life easier for the people around them. I was brought up by one, I am married to one, I know the world is full of them!

And that is precisely why it breaks my heart to see a woman tied to some mean, abusive pretence of a man because she doesn't realise that they are in a minority and she can do so much better.

CartedOff Fri 25-Jan-13 14:07:32

I think you're wrong that people here dislike men. But I do think there are double standards sometimes, from a minority. For example: I've never seen anyone ask a woman whose husband has had an affair if she's let herself go or isn't doing her fair share of the chores, but I've seen people asking men who've been cheated on things like that.

BIWI Fri 25-Jan-13 14:07:46

Well said, cory.

thegreylady Fri 25-Jan-13 14:09:03

Interesting nn by the way-I could change mine to examiner35-the number of years I did the job befor online marking drove me into retirement grin .

Kalisi Fri 25-Jan-13 14:09:15

Haha. Oh I'm going to enjoy this one grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now