To think that my reprobate cousin shouldn't be having a baby?

(319 Posts)

My cousin (I don't have a lot to do with her tbh because she --is a chav--does my head in) has just announced on Facebook that she and her "hubz" (boyfriend) are having a baby. She is not even 8 weeks pregnant hmm

My reasons for this are:

1. A few weeks ago she was doing FB statuses berating "the hubz" for hitting on other gyals <oh God> and doing those wanky "Y wud u go lukin 4 burggers when u got stake at home???" statuses. She is a child in a childish relationship.

2. About an hour after announcing her news on FB she updated her status saying "2 all de haterz out dere imma gonna be a GOOD MOM stop PMing me ur hate not intrested BYE"

3. Neither of them work.

4. She is immature. For example, at a relative's funeral a few weeks back, she sat texting through the whole thing. It was painful to watch.

5. Apparently, according to her Vicki Pollard mates who've been writing business all over her FB wall, my cousin has being trying to conceive for TWO YEARS! WTAF?! Why would you be trying THAT hard to conceive when you live in a flat, neither of you have a job and your boyfriend sounds like a penis? Why?

6. Her twin sister announced the pregnancy on HER FB before her sister had even done it. My head is spinning with confusion. I wonder how I share genes with these people.

<zips up flameproof suit>

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 06-Dec-12 11:13:34

what has announcing your pregnancy when you choose got to do with maturity? confused

i think you're just looking for more reasons to dislike her than you already have. why does she take up this much space in your head?

FunnysInLaJardin Thu 06-Dec-12 11:13:57

OMG you are related to Wills and Kate. I know she's a bit rough, but chavvy is pushing it a bit

bellarose2011 Thu 06-Dec-12 11:15:17

a freind of mines daughter had a baby at 16 to a 16 boy who was a total tosser, i was worried for her and how she would cope.
i didn't see her for about 6 months, when i did her baby was about 6 weeks old.
the girl who i knew was gone. she had matured, in a matter of months, by about 10 yrs!! and she's a great mum although she has had problems with babies dad and it might not be an ideal setting to bring up a child in. a mothers love goes a long way.
you could have a mum who has a stable marriage, great career, amazing house but is not a good mum. there life may look perfect from the outside but the children could be unhappy.
you can't judge from what you read on her FB, although it doesn't sound like an ideal situation to bring a baby into.

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 06-Dec-12 11:15:19

she's 20, hardly past the point of being able to do something with her life.

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 06-Dec-12 11:16:44

so it's only ok to announce it early if it's you?

LtXmasEve Thu 06-Dec-12 11:19:48

as it is, as it will always be.....gotta love the PO

I caused OUTRAGE in my family when I defriended my cousin's (cock of a) husband. Had people not even ON facebook (like my mother) telling me off.

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Thu 06-Dec-12 11:20:16

YANBU, but I'm not sure why you are focussing on the fact that she announced her pregnancy before the magical 12 weeks. That's the least of this baby's problems.

More of a problem is the fact that neither she or her boyfriend can afford to have a child. That's why it's OPs business and that's why it's everyone else's business, we are having to pay for these scroungers to do whatever they want whenever they want.

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Thu 06-Dec-12 11:20:53

The announcing it early wouldn't bother me at all.

That's the last thing I'd be bothered about.

tantrums sorry but had to smile at your post although I know it's not funny. How can they write this stuff?

honeytea Thu 06-Dec-12 11:21:10

It doesn't sound like the sort of situation I would want to be pregnant/have a baby in but I don't think we should judge other people's parenting ability before they have even given birth.

A few things though, what does it matter if she told everyone she was pregnant before the magic 12 weeks, that doesn't make you a bad parent, I have a lovely friend in her 30s who posted a pic of her pee stick at 4/5 weeks pregnant recently, her DC1 dies from cot death earlier in the year and I think her opinion is that is something awful does happen it doesn't need to be a secret, there is nothing to be ashamed of. If you don't like her just hide her updates,easilly done.

Are you perfect? Do you think anyone has ever thought oh I don't think baubles should be having a baby she does XYZ.

VinegarTits Thu 06-Dec-12 11:21:23

god she sounds awful <squeezes into the flame proof suit>

what do her parents think? if my child turned out like her i would beat some sense have a stern talk with her

Telling three close relatives v telling hundreds of people on FB = bit of a difference.

honeytea Thu 06-Dec-12 11:23:18

Just think the new baby might share a birthday with the next king or queen! I bet that is reason to be in the local paper at least.

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 06-Dec-12 11:24:53

you told people you thought should know about your pregnancy.

she told people she thought should know about her pregnancy.

sounds pretty similar to me.

"Are you perfect? Do you think anyone has ever thought oh I don't think baubles should be having a baby she does XYZ."

Yes I am wonderful and of course no-one ever said that about me.

Her mum is proud, VinegarTits. hmm

If you say so, Santa.

Mosman Thu 06-Dec-12 11:26:20

My brothers girlfriend is having number 2 in may just 15 months apart between the two. This will be bro's 4th child. He's 26. Had convictions for belting the first babamumma.
I've concluded these people will be just fine, they don't stress about houses, childcare, education, they accept what they are given and as long as they can have the odd Burberry bib they are happy. Dads usually home to help out too, honestly I do some times wonder who the mug is.

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 06-Dec-12 11:27:57

are you one of those people who thinks that your way of doing things is the only way things should be done? that's quite small minded.

FanjoTimeMammariesAndWine Thu 06-Dec-12 11:29:01

FFS she is obviously sad as her cousin is throwing away her life, not suggesting some sort of eugenics to wipe out chaviness

Yes I am.

FanjoTimeMammariesAndWine Thu 06-Dec-12 11:30:08

may be throwing away her life, that is, of course

Oh everlong I have to laugh at it all as well.

her FB statuses are truly amazing.

She doesnt need parenting classes either coz itz all istinct innit

and she is also going to be preggers and peng

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Thu 06-Dec-12 11:30:52

Are you the chuffing cousin Santa hmm

FanjoTimeMammariesAndWine Thu 06-Dec-12 11:30:56

you are sad, or you are suggesting some sort of eugenics? If so, my bad wink

whois Thu 06-Dec-12 11:31:22

YANBU

People like her bringing kids into the world are why things are going to shit.

Not in work, little education, shit relationship, yeah, great life chances the baby will have.

Whocansay Thu 06-Dec-12 11:31:52

She's got a shock coming to her when she realises a baby isn't a toy.

And if the 'hubz' isn't committed to her (and if he's been eating 'burggers' eyes are bleeding, I imagine he's not), she won't see him for dust once the child arrives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now