To think that my reprobate cousin shouldn't be having a baby?

(319 Posts)

My cousin (I don't have a lot to do with her tbh because she --is a chav--does my head in) has just announced on Facebook that she and her "hubz" (boyfriend) are having a baby. She is not even 8 weeks pregnant hmm

My reasons for this are:

1. A few weeks ago she was doing FB statuses berating "the hubz" for hitting on other gyals <oh God> and doing those wanky "Y wud u go lukin 4 burggers when u got stake at home???" statuses. She is a child in a childish relationship.

2. About an hour after announcing her news on FB she updated her status saying "2 all de haterz out dere imma gonna be a GOOD MOM stop PMing me ur hate not intrested BYE"

3. Neither of them work.

4. She is immature. For example, at a relative's funeral a few weeks back, she sat texting through the whole thing. It was painful to watch.

5. Apparently, according to her Vicki Pollard mates who've been writing business all over her FB wall, my cousin has being trying to conceive for TWO YEARS! WTAF?! Why would you be trying THAT hard to conceive when you live in a flat, neither of you have a job and your boyfriend sounds like a penis? Why?

6. Her twin sister announced the pregnancy on HER FB before her sister had even done it. My head is spinning with confusion. I wonder how I share genes with these people.

<zips up flameproof suit>

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 06-Dec-12 10:56:03

btw do you know what reprobate means?

I'm not remotely close enough to her to offer to be a support, tbh, both geographically and emotionally.

Of course I know what reprobate means. hmm

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 06-Dec-12 10:57:45

doesn't seem so.

TakeMyEyesButNotTheGoat Thu 06-Dec-12 10:57:52

Are we related OP? My step sister is just like this. I haven't seen her for ages but I know everything about her pregnancy.

Even the shooting pains in her foo!

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 06-Dec-12 10:58:33

i'd say she's glad not to have your 'support' tbh.

And I'm glad to not have to give it to her.

redexpat Thu 06-Dec-12 11:01:27

You know you can hide people from your facebook homepage? Then you wouldnt have to look at all this.

WilsonFrickett Thu 06-Dec-12 11:03:20

Jeez, just defriend her. You don't like her, you don't like her updates, you don't like her mum or sisters or boyfriends, you're not going to like her baby. The only thing you like about her is feeling morally superior to her. Nice.

EverlongLovesHerChristmasRobin Thu 06-Dec-12 11:04:17

Tbh I don't believe anyone would see a status like this and feel warm with pride.

Hide or defriend her OP and then you don't ave to see the daily drama that I'm sure will ensue

Nah, I like her hair. She's got nice hair.

YANBU

EvenIfYouSeeAPoppy Thu 06-Dec-12 11:05:57

I agree that, from your account of things, she doesn't sound like she's perhaps thought this through, but the intensity of your judgemental ire, culminating in the use of 'reprobate' (strong and highly unpleasant, not to mention rather, shall we say, outdated language), makes me wonder what buttons of yours this is pushing.

FanjoTimeMammariesAndWine Thu 06-Dec-12 11:06:17

Not ideal..but she is one of millions

marriedinwhite Thu 06-Dec-12 11:07:24

I would just remove myself from the situation.

Don't think you should criticise the early announcement though. Are you saying a rather high profile couple shouldn't have announced theirs this week either?

FanjoTimeMammariesAndWine Thu 06-Dec-12 11:08:24

I can totally understand your concern. You are being honest in a humorous way and have real concerns.

Unfortunately PO faced types will not see past the humour and queue uo to flame you..again!

It's pushing my "WTF?" buttons.

I'd say that it is differnt being forced into announcing your pregnancy early (apparently K&W were reluctant to do so) than announcing early because you're excited?

FunnysInLaJardin Thu 06-Dec-12 11:09:17

about 60/40 at the mo Baubles. But I fear a swing is afoot

MincePiesAddict Thu 06-Dec-12 11:09:37

Well, it's probably not the wisest choice she's ever made.

Are you saying you think she should terminate the pregnancy?

We may share the same family

Cousins FB status I dont care if u hate but my bubba will be dressed designer from day 1

she is 9 weeks pregnant
\nd 17
and unemployed
and so is her boyfriend
so quite where the designer clothes are coming from is anyones guess

Ah they can flame me. I'm in the mood.

I just think that if you're adult enough to have a sprog, you're adult enough to deal with the stuff that surrounds it i.e not announcing until after scans/having some money to support baby etc etc.

FanjoTimeMammariesAndWine Thu 06-Dec-12 11:10:43

I announced at 6 weeks. I was 33 blush

No I don't think that she should terminate it. I don't think she should have got preggerz in the first place.

She has done fuck all with her life. Is this her aspiration? Last year she was on about going to college to do beauty. She hasn't done it. Why not? sad She's got pregnant and is shacked up with a deadbeat instead. Why are some girls just desperate to grow up before they've grown up?

Well, I told my closest relatives at 6 weeks (mum, dad, MIL) because I was spewing up like a badman and they had guessed...

ah well, my cousin was bored apparently which is why they decided to have a baby, as there are no jobs apparently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now