Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

in worrying about the world ending on the 21st?

(353 Posts)
kaylasmum Wed 05-Dec-12 11:13:19

I know i'm being irrational but i'm really getting worried. i suffer from anxiety and this is really getting to me.

aibu?

tjah04 Fri 21-Dec-12 16:52:58

How awful for you.

I suffered from anxiety throughout my 20's. I developed irrational fears too. Eventually you will be able to get through this. Learning to control the anxiety works best first and then work on your fears.

Events like this help as they encourage you to realise how irrational you are being. So it is a good thing even though it does not feel like that currently.

I did study the Mayans in depth for a history paper and I can categorically state that the world will not end.

What no newspaper will tell you is that in fact an area has been discovered believed to be the writing place of the scribes and dates are inscribed on the walls, many years from now.

The Mayans predicted astronomical events and not once did they predict the end of the world.

StickEmUp Fri 21-Dec-12 23:50:44

10 mins to go! Hope OP is okay x

amillionyears Sat 22-Dec-12 00:14:41

It is past midnight now in the UK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now