Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to wish anything above D cups were not treat like lepers ...

(294 Posts)
YerMaw1989 Mon 08-Oct-12 14:04:45

by catalogues...

No I do not want a triumph doreen my mother doesn't even wear those, I would like my boobs to look like boobs not weird triangles , not be in white or beige (I don't mind beige if its plunge) Why do manufacturers thing women with bigger chests do not want cleavage in any way shape of form !!! I'm not asking for a lot

sigh

MadameCupcake Tue 09-Oct-12 08:49:31

Life would be easier if I was a D cup or under - high street stores do not seem to stock bigger sizes even in their larger cup ranges - bizarre!

I was measure in Debenhmas Oxford Street (so a big store) as a 32GG after saying my 34G was not the right size as much too loose at the back, they had 1 32GG in a plain white t-shirt bra but nothing fancy so she brought me a load of 34FFs out - WTF? I ended up looking like I had 4 boobs so I gave up.

I may have to follow some of your links although its such a pain having to order loads then send back the ones that don't fit as I work long hours most of the week so miss the post office.

Bunbaker - mine are not real although I was hoping to go up to a D/DD from a C cup not up to a GG as they are not very big implants. Also I was previously measured at a 36C by M&S then as a 36E after the op by them. According to all other lingerie shops I am actually a 32GG or 34G as was wearing the wrong back size. Sorrel is right - it is really down to poor measuring. My SIL has no boobs at all and is a 30E or something like that - she is proper flat chested but that size fits her brilliantly.

MadameCupcake Tue 09-Oct-12 09:00:24

Sorrel I think you were on another 'boob' thread recently and said about someone who is a 30/31 back not likely to be a 34 bra - I was convinced I was a 34 but am definitely a 32.

I always thought if you had a bra that was too tight you would 'spill' out the back but the effect is the complete opposite!

SorrelForbes Tue 09-Oct-12 09:03:36

Madame. Yes, I am a boob/bra bore I'm afraid. smile

Its worth being boring though when people do give bra fitting another go and end up comfy and perky.

I must remember to email the new head honcho at M&S about their shocking fitting service and pathetic range of back/cup combos. I could do with a new job for Christmas!

SorrelForbes Tue 09-Oct-12 09:05:09

Oh yes, i totally agree that elimination of back fat and underarm bulge can be hugely assisted by an increase in cup and decrease in band (even though that seems wrong!)

HELP please.
After reading this thread I decided to rummage in my bra draw, I don't think I have a single bra that fits correctly, I have been buying 40f bras, wearing them on the tightest fit and shoving my boobs into the cup in a sort breast shape.
I have had fitters (m&s, debenhams) say that there is nothing they can do about my boobs desire to sit under my armpits when standing, but I don't think that is right, I just think they are crap at sizing! I want my breasts at the front in a breast shape!
I have taken measurements this morning. I am back 37" and across bust 46", I measured whilst wearing a bra that sort if fits.
Can someone please give me an idea of what size I am so I can go shopping this afternoon and get something that fits

gallifrey Tue 09-Oct-12 09:11:59

The stupid thing is that I was trying to buy a sports bra and couldn't find one above a D cup! Surely it's girls with bigger boobs that are going to want extra support while they exercise!!?

trinitybleu Tue 09-Oct-12 09:13:27

Go to Bravissimo, get fitted, buy 1, go hame and find cheaper on ebay!

Tango II wearer here too (40G) but think I need refitting as getting pain under my armpit.

SorrelForbes Tue 09-Oct-12 09:20:17

Binky. As a starting point try a 36G and a 38FF. I suspect that the former may do the trick for you but it'll depend on style and make. No way on earth are you a 40 back. Good luck smile

SorrelForbes Tue 09-Oct-12 09:21:06

I swear by my Freya underwired Active sports bra. It comes in big cup sizes. I have a FF.

MadameCupcake Tue 09-Oct-12 09:21:09

Binky according to MN and Sorrels advice (which has been proven to be accurate) then you should be looking at a 36/38" back - work on the loosest hook to begin with (as the bra will stretch with wear/washing)

Not sure of cup size though - more than an F I would imagine though - Sorrel will help!

MadameCupcake Tue 09-Oct-12 09:22:19

beat me to it - slow typing today!

I wear the shock absorber for the bigger sizes - they literally do not move a mm!! You can get them online much cheaper than in the sports shops.

SorrelForbes Tue 09-Oct-12 09:22:47

Binky when you're trying on bras later make sure you do them up on the loosest hooks. Have a read through this thread for more tips as guidance.

SorrelForbes Tue 09-Oct-12 09:23:40

Oh yes, Shock Absorber are meant to be v good too.

Gallifrey there are some great bras for sport but you need to try bravissimo or online. I'm a fan of the shock absorber

brav sell- on phone so can't link- but I know freya also do an excellent one.

Blinky, no way a 40, prob a 36g or gg.

I have managed to find a calculator that doesn't add 4 inches on to the back size so I put my measurements in and it gave me 38FF, I am looking forward to shopping now,
When DD gets home I'll measure her as I know she is wearing the wrong size, then I'll take her shopping as well

I'd definitely try the 36 too, o think it's probably more common to go down an inch than up. I'm a 30 and measure 31ish.

CheddarandMarmite Tue 09-Oct-12 09:34:11

Could anyone give me a pointer as to what size I should be wearing?

Totally confused after pregnancy and breastfeeding, just know my pre pregnancy bras no longer fit (they were 32F)

Currently wearing 34G nursing bras, and sick to death of them and think they are too big now that I have been BF for over a year, want to get some lovely new bras, but don't know what size.
Had a trip to M&S a few months back and tried on a massive range of bras and sizes, couldn't find anything that fitted (was trying from D to G cup, and 32 to 36 back and couldn't work out why nothing fitted sad)

Just got my tape measure out and I am 32 and a half inch round the ribs and 39 and a half round the bust.

Start at 32f, but you might need to experiment with different brands.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Tue 09-Oct-12 09:43:19

M&S have some half-underwired sports bras (comfier than they sound) which go up to at least an F.

I do wish they'd lay their stores out better so that all the DD-plus, as they call it, was together.

greeneyed Tue 09-Oct-12 09:51:19

I actually feel like sueing M and S for the cost of a boob job smile it's years ago since I was fitted and back then NOWHERE did a G Cup, I just figured they measure you as a size they sold or not very good for custom! Please tell me this isn't still going on. I assumed things had moved on. I hate M and S they are big boobist bastards.

M and s are still utterly useless at fitting.

CheddarandMarmite Tue 09-Oct-12 09:58:46

So 32F should be right? But I don't think the ones I have screwed up in the back of the drawer are quite right. Or maybe the underwire just needs getting used to after non-wired ones for so long...

FutureNannyOgg Tue 09-Oct-12 10:01:30

Gallifrey, shock absorber are great, but also Freya do a wired sports bra which is amazing if you want a nice shape as well as control. I'm a belly dancer, so I want no movement and aesthetics, so these are great.

dollywashers Tue 09-Oct-12 10:04:08

Bravissimo is the best. I always get my bras from there. They have masses of colours and styles

MigGril Tue 09-Oct-12 10:05:59

bravissimo are fab, they fit you properly and I know they are a little pricy but when ever I try to buy anywhere else it just takes so much faff ordering different sizes and having to send them back.

They will fit you in an underwire when pregnant to. I wore underwiers until the last few Weeks with both of mine. they have to fit you slight differently to allow for changes but it is possible.

I haven't bought an bra from M&S in years I know they now do bigger sizes but I always found the material of their bras to be rubbish and not give good support.

I'd prefer to have a couple of really comftable bras then a draw full of ones that are just alright.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now