to wish anything above D cups were not treat like lepers ...

(294 Posts)
YerMaw1989 Mon 08-Oct-12 14:04:45

by catalogues...

No I do not want a triumph doreen my mother doesn't even wear those, I would like my boobs to look like boobs not weird triangles , not be in white or beige (I don't mind beige if its plunge) Why do manufacturers thing women with bigger chests do not want cleavage in any way shape of form !!! I'm not asking for a lot

sigh

TirednessKills Mon 08-Oct-12 16:19:34

I use Ample Bosom grin Their sales are good.

I can't wear wired bras so mostly wear a very functional but comfy Anita bra.

BionicEmu Mon 08-Oct-12 16:31:33

When I was a teenager I was an E-cup. It was a pain in the arse as then most shops didn't stock above a DD. Then shops started creeping up, but so did my boobs angry. Now most shops stock up to an H, but I am a J (or a KK when pregnant).

DH has been most disappointed as I've crept up at the same rate as Ann Summers - always at least a cup size bigger than they do.

At least we have Bravissimo now. Although my search for a maternity swimsuit for bigger boobs has so far yielded nothing.

Re: small ribcages. IME you just need to try lots of different manufacturers. My mum is v petite and swears by Triumph, but I am a much larger build and for ne Freya is the way to go. Can't stand Panache either, but Bravissimo's own range have been a revelation - my boobs have never looked so perky! I do like a nice tight back though.

ontheedgeofwhatever Mon 08-Oct-12 16:35:34

I'm a J cup. If it wasn't for bravissimo my tits would be swinging by my knees!!

YANBU op

Tiago Mon 08-Oct-12 17:02:08

One day I will have a reduction. To maybe an E cup.
[looks down at chest that started as 30ff pre pregnancy and is now god knows what - sigh]

CouthyMowWearingOrange Mon 08-Oct-12 17:52:18

I'm marking my place till I find my tape measure. I'm coming back later so you lovely ladies can tell me what size I should be wearing, as I need to buy a new bra tomorrow (had this one for a year and it's falling apart).

SorrelForbes Mon 08-Oct-12 17:55:21

We will be here waiting Couthy wink

littlecloud Mon 08-Oct-12 18:09:53

Boux Avenue do DD+ as well as small back sizes I'm a borderline 30E/32DD

I love their balconette bra's and wearing this

littlecloud Mon 08-Oct-12 18:11:20

one today with the high wasted matching pant's I think 50's glammer DH thinks granny pants lol

lovebunny Mon 08-Oct-12 19:00:25

get down to asda. just bought myself a racy little e for £6.

Enigmosaurus Mon 08-Oct-12 19:03:33

I get my absolutely enormous bras from here

Been really impressed with them so far.

SorrelForbes Mon 08-Oct-12 19:08:29

Good link. <asks DH to hide credit card>

Enfyshedd Mon 08-Oct-12 19:16:53

Debenhams have a DD+ range called Gorgeous - Have bought most of my 36/38FF bras from there over the past few years as I can't afford Bravissimo all the time. I had a lovely silk balconette from there in the sale last year - I just have to wait for 4mo DD to finish BFing before I can wear it again!! grin

EcoLady Mon 08-Oct-12 19:17:54

I wear the Panache Tango 2 plunge. I'm 32H and have 12 of these bras in 9 different colours! grin
www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sensational-sets/tango-plunge-bra/nude/pnb5nu/?criteria=panache%20tango&show=16&sort=1&level=3

HedgeHogGroup Mon 08-Oct-12 19:21:02

Can't go wrong with Panache Tango eco (Hello to my "identical boob twin") grin
... have you thought about buying on Ebay, they're waaaay cheaper!

scarlettsmummy2 Mon 08-Oct-12 19:23:53

Freya are fab!

loopylou6 Mon 08-Oct-12 19:23:53

Thanks for the bra stop link, I've just bought myself a bra from there.

I normally really struggle coz I'm a massive size 46 G, what REALLY annoys me is places like bravissimo do large cup sizes, but not large back sizes sad

HedgeHogGroup Mon 08-Oct-12 19:35:49

I think we should all buy this and encourage the model to smile grin

oxford1972 Mon 08-Oct-12 20:31:38

Loopy are you sure you are a 46? I was a 42 back size but bravisimmo "measured" me as a 38.

Scaredycat3000 Mon 08-Oct-12 20:47:16

Oh dear, my eyes, why did I click on that link.
The thing I now realise from a resent, pregnancy/breastfeeding related, visit to Bravissimo is you pay for there service and knowledge. I originally shopped with them when they where a new company. When I was told I was a 34f, 20 years ago the only bra you could get that wasn't white was the Warners french collection in black. I had 3 I think. They where one of 3 places I could buy my size in a very limited, but improving, selection. Go forwards 15 years and I thought I new it, bought cheap bras, fitted myself. I got very confused as to my size as during pregnancy I shot up to a 34HH. I only found this out after a trip to Bravissimo. Over 2 DC's I go back every body change and they are brilliant. The last trip I the assistant spent 30 min with me until we found one that really suited me, and £25. She was lovely with my 3 wk old and leaky boobs.
My very resent source of bargain bras is Amazon. They stock all the major brands, some with utterly random prices. I bought some Panache bras for less than half price, they have now nearly gone back up to full price.

I want whatever bra (and top) Nigella was wearing in the first part of tonight's programme. Her boobs look goood.

MissRee Mon 08-Oct-12 21:04:56

Boux Avenue! I'm a 34G and I luffs their bras and service grin and the fact that they have drawers containing the knickers and different size bras - makes it feel posher

ILikeToMowIt Mon 08-Oct-12 21:41:59

mine have shrunk back again to pre-ds size:34H
while i was breastfeeding ds1 i was a 34L (bravissimo did one nursing bra that size). with ds2 i was even bigger, but squeezed them into 34L-s again, as that was the largest there seemed to be. did feel like a dairy cow occasionally
do i win? grin

SorrelForbes Mon 08-Oct-12 23:36:12

TBH I don't think I'd be smiling very much if I had to wear that bra grin

That thing they are calling a bra is a crime against bosoms!

greeneyed Tue 09-Oct-12 07:06:34

Do not get me started on M and S they ruined my boobs! Measured as a 36E on more than one occasion, a life of bra's not fitting and boobs not supported, wasn't till I went to a posh underwear shop for my wedding and the owner laughed when I said I was a 36E she said no you are not and meaasured me I was a 32G! Been supported ever since, I do wonder what might have been if they'd been properley hoisted all these years, alas I'll probably end up tucking them in my knickers!

To add insult to injury I went in when I was pregnant and asked for bras in my size, I was told that they wouldn't show me them or sell me them as they were underwired and I was pregnant wtf! I said I know there is some outdated advice out there about UW and pregnancy regardless I will make my OWN decision what I wear in my pregnancy, she still wouldn't show me so I walked out

Buy my bras from ebay now (new), seem to pick up all the major brands have had a few panache tango whixh I would also recommend, pay less than half the price of the shops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now