Minimins closing down!!

(62 Posts)
Fanfeckintastic Tue 26-May-15 11:35:38

I'm so sad to hear this news this morning!! I have loved that site for so many years and dipped in and out on my many weight loss/struggles/ventures!

26Point2Miles Tue 26-May-15 11:39:16

What was it?

StillFrankie Tue 26-May-15 11:39:51

Not surprised. It was dead.

GinBunny Tue 26-May-15 11:46:12

That's a shame, I've got loads of valuable SW advice from there!

helenahandbag Tue 26-May-15 11:52:23

Oh no, I really liked Minimins! I used it for SW advice and it was great when I was doing Exante, there are loads of people on there for support sad

Gemkay Tue 26-May-15 12:18:29

It's not closing down, it's CLOSED down! Zero warning, no time to contact friends ...nothing! Totally selfish and inconsiderate thing to do to many loyal members. I imagine there is a fair few peeved off people today.
I can understand their reasons, it's fair enough, but to just post a " goodbye" thread and then shut down within an hour was just totally unnecessary. We should have been given time to make connections and say our goodbyes, but no chance was given. I have been a member on there for over 2 years, have over a 1000 posts and will miss the community hugely. Mini, if you read this, I truly believe you went about this the wrong way. Time should have been given to the members.
To those who subscribed to kathys recipes, please check out her site, as there is now a temp Facebook page to contact others on. Many thanks to Daz. www.homewardbounddesigns.co.uk/pages/food/index.php#

helenahandbag Tue 26-May-15 12:21:06

But I can still see it and reply to threads? Am I missing something?

helenahandbag Tue 26-May-15 12:22:10

Oh no, I see, replies aren't working.

Well, this is crap.

Gemkay Tue 26-May-15 12:25:10

I'm not impressed.

Gemkay Tue 26-May-15 12:43:59

www.facebook.com/kathysminimumfussrecipes

FannyFernackapan Tue 26-May-15 12:55:51

I'm not 'active' on there as such but used it to get to goal weight a few years back and still liked following various people ( and generally fucking them off with my blunt views grin )

I think it's disgusting that she just closed the site with no warning at all. And not only that, but stopped everyone from being able to post on their various threads. A terrible thing to do to a lot of posters who relied on it for support. It makes no odds to me in terms of support but honestly ... Not a great way to treat people

Gemkay Tue 26-May-15 13:08:41

Theres a great deal of people on there that used the site as their main weighing in platform, many who couldn't afford to pay what slimming world were asking every week, and relied heavily upon the support and guidance of the forum to continue their weight loss journey. You're right ,Fanny, it is a disgusting way to treat people. There's no excuse. Like I said, I can see why they felt they had to close it down, fair enough. But the manner it which it was done is just abysmal.

FannyFernackapan Tue 26-May-15 13:22:18

I've found a little thread that's still accepting messages on there and have made my feelings clear

Gemkay Tue 26-May-15 13:29:54

WheRes that fanny??

FannyFernackapan Tue 26-May-15 13:37:41

Go to ' current' threads and it's there... Got ' ketosis ' in the title

FannyFernackapan Tue 26-May-15 13:40:37

Have you spotted it?

Gemkay Tue 26-May-15 13:42:56

Thanks. Have had my say. X

FannyFernackapan Tue 26-May-15 13:46:12

Ah so I see! I'm GG over there

GinSoakedBitchyPony Tue 26-May-15 13:49:43

I was on Minimins for a couple of years way back, it was great support whichever diet plan I was on.
Then it started to go quiet and I found I just wasn't visiting so often. Great pity for those who still get their support there.

FannyFernackapan Tue 26-May-15 13:51:39

The only think I dislike about it is the amount of ' hunning' and 'loling' that goes on. Apart from that, it was a good read and informative

Gemkay Tue 26-May-15 14:02:34

Lol, I know what you mean Hun. :0)

FannyFernackapan Tue 26-May-15 14:15:51

��

Fanfeckintastic Tue 26-May-15 15:02:06

The more I think about it the more strange it was to shut it down completely without warning. It goes against everything I would have thought minimins was all about?
Do you think she didn't want anyone else to offer to take over or give people the opportunity to discuss where to go next?

Like someone on the one active thread said, there really is quite a lot of vulnerable and lonely sense on that site. It's very strange.

Gemkay Tue 26-May-15 15:30:23

Strange that there's only that one active thread. Fushy as fick.

FannyFernackapan Tue 26-May-15 16:03:39

Yeah that was me Fan who made the comment about their being vulnerable and lonely people on there.

I never understood the starring out of any word that she didn't like - such as Pinterest . Fucking ridiculous. And don't get me started on the adults not being allowed to swear!

I think it was deliberately done, to try and ensure that nobody could take over or have any warning to try and set something else up. You weren't even allowed to mention Facebook were you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now