Chiefs Randalling on to svelteness

(942 Posts)
Lizzylou Fri 02-Aug-13 17:42:20

Hola.
Thought we needed a new thread grin
Last day at work for me grin grin grin

Well done Bssh on only gaining 1lb holiday weight, am hoping to emulate this!

BsshBossh Fri 09-Aug-13 07:23:25

Weigh in this morning and 0.4 lbs lost. So slow but I've been on this weightloss journey for so long now that I know this is okay.

buzzybuzzybeeshoes Fri 09-Aug-13 08:22:06

Very quick update, 9 days at my parents' house resulted in 1lb gain. Really pleased as I have been known to gain 5lb in 6 days there. Tried to keep within 1800-2000 cals and do some running. Haven't been good at logging consistently as last few days were a massive rush - came home tues, PIL visiting, all washing to turn round and packing to do for hols in France from tonight.

Taking running kit, cossie and goggles to France - to try and keep a lid on it! Would it be ridiculous to take my kitchen scales too? Definitely the quantities of bread and cheese in France that gets me - veggies don't get the long relaxed restaurant meals there! (You will 'ave zese chips and sink yourself lucky I do not throw you out, Madame)

Will try and catch up properly later and happy belated birthday Randall!

RandallPinkFloyd Fri 09-Aug-13 08:48:15

1lb gain is very restrained indeed. Have a fabulous holiday, I am am simmering with jealousy over all the impending bread and cheese!

Bssh a loss is a loss. Especially when you're at the stage you're at! Well done.

BsshBossh Fri 09-Aug-13 09:06:03

Thanks Randall, yes at this stage in my game I'm quite content with small losses. It's definitely getting harder for me to lose larger amounts these days, especially as I'm not logging at all.

buzzy a lb gain is excellent. I think you intuitively know now how to control excess eating even whilst not logging. What an achievement, cause that's what will help you in the longterm when you are no longer thinking "diet".

DoubleMum Sun 11-Aug-13 20:28:13

Hello Chiefs, am back after 16 days in France, land of bread and cheese and creamy moules sauce. Oops! Have put on weight for sure, as my trousers are tight, but it is SOO coming off again. I will weigh tomorrow to find out the bad news.
Well done Super Randall, rewarded with your own thread title! You have done so amazingly well.
I need to catch up on everything, and this week it probably isn't going to happen as I have lots of new work stuff going on as well as it being school hols (not an ideal mix when you work from home), but I shall be back properly soon.

SylviaDaisyPouncer Sun 11-Aug-13 21:17:08

Welcome back double hope the holiday was fab. I will join you in the tight trouser feeling!

Very quiet on here, I guess between holidays and children we are all busy elsewhere. We have 3 weeks ish left of school hols and I have been broken....ds can play Minecraft whenever he likes (I was trying to limit it but it has failed). Whenever my dc are in a room together they seem to argue and dd turns into a little biting machine. She is a true delight!

Still I have been so vair good these last few days, might have something to do with the 5 extra pounds I have gained sad. In fairness I can't blame my holiday, I had a bad few weeks before I went away, couldn't exercise as I'd hurt my foot and kind of went into holiday mode a bit early. I think I've lost 3 of them (sneaky weigh in) but am so cross I have to re lose.

However I am motivated grin

Going to fast 3 times this week and again next week. That should sort me out and get me down to the low 160lbs (at last). I'm having doubts of reaching goal by December, but will sit down and think of a goal to reach by October 19th when I have a wedding to go to (and new frock smile), then think about December.

Anyhow, I hope everyone is doing well. Happy times to those with school hols ending this week. For the rest of us, we are halfway through, the end isn't in sight yet but it's coming!!!!

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 12-Aug-13 08:37:44

Welcome back Double, glad you had a good time. If I were you I'd wait until next week to weigh. Give it a week of hardcore cheifing and most of the holiday bloat will be gone.

Well done on losing 3lb already sylv, that's really good going. The other 2 lb will be off in no time! Once I got close-ish to my goal I found it really helpful to break it down into weekly losses. When I worked out how much I needed to lose each week it actually wasn't as much as I thought so it made it seem far more achievable. It also made sure I was being realistic. If I was consistently losing less than I needed to then I knew my goal was too much and I was setting myself up for disappointment and I needed a reality check! You've got 5 months until December, what is your target loss?

That's a great loss Sylv ..... well done. And so pleased to hear that you've got your motivation and a plan for the next couple of weeks. Minecrafting has been used this morning for a couple of hours too so I could get some exercise in. I leave the older ones to play in costa! [slack parenting emoticon]

And Double welcome back. Great that you've had a lovely holiday with the bread and the cheese and the creamy sauces. And it might just be that the clothes were washed too hot? I'd be leaving it a week too.

We are on a count down to our holidays now. Six chaps. Me. And a luggage allowance of one small shopping bag each. I'll be in a different room to DH. We're not even going anywhere with special food that I can plan for. This is not likely to be my best holiday ever but I think I'm going to smuggle a bottle of gin into my luggage and download Shredding onto my iPad so when I'm consigned to my regulation YHA quarters with DS4 in the evening I can naked shred (because there's no room for exercise clothes!) and swig gin. I am a classy bird. DS4 may be traumatised for life!

I am still maintaining. I wish for 2lbs off but I shall be happy with maintaining.

LaundryLegoLunch Mon 12-Aug-13 15:06:39

Tea Naked shred?! shock seriously I'm impressed you're even contemplating it under such circumstances. Good call on the gin though.

Double welcome back! I do believe that holidays (like Christmas and birthdays) should always result in extra lbs or what's the point? grin

SDP my technology-limits defences have taken a battering these holidays with my resorting to iPad parenting many more times than I'd like to admit.

We go on holiday on Wednesday. I'm 1lb off my 10 stone target. If I can do really well tonight and tomorrow then when I do my final pre-hols weigh in at 5am on Weds I'll hopefully have done it. I will then proceed to eat my and my children's weight in pastries and cheese for a week. Bravo!

SylviaDaisyPouncer Tue 13-Aug-13 21:08:24

Have a great holiday lego

Your upcoming holiday sounds like it could be interesting tea, shock at naked shred!!

randall my final goal is 136.7lb (so let's say 137 ish). I'm currently 30lb away. I just need to keep going like I have done this week. I have been tough on myself food wise but its paying off. Just need to stay focused and work out how many weeks I have until December and what I would have to lose. If it isn't realistic then that's okay but I do need a plan.

In fact that's what I'm off to do now! Be back later.

SylviaDaisyPouncer Tue 13-Aug-13 21:21:14

So.....
16 weeks until dec 3rd
1.9 lb per week

Does that sound doable?

To me it does IF I crack on and work hard. It's only 16 weeks right? 16 weeks of hard work and I COULD be there!

Gotta be worth my best shot I reckongrin

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 13-Aug-13 21:37:14

Definitely doable. Definitely.

Keep your focus, stay really strict on logging and you can definitely do it. It's going to all hinge on the food though so no sneaky treats and no "ooh, no need to log that it was only a tiny bit" and all the other little things we do to sabotage ourselves! Just serious hard ass chiefing and 1.9lb per week is definitely achievable.

You go chief!

SylviaDaisyPouncer Tue 13-Aug-13 22:07:05

Exactly what I thought randall

If I eat it, log it.

16 weeks of hard ass chiefing here I come...

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 13-Aug-13 23:53:54

<flexes chiefly muscles>

Of course you can. And even if you don't get there, it'll be by a margin and you'll be miles away from where you are now which will be the result of the effort you're putting in. And you'll look amazing.

Go Slyv grin

NeedChoos Thu 15-Aug-13 21:25:50

Chiefs - I need some 101 classes on my fitness pal. I have been doing weight watchers (26 points) for the last 3 weeks and have lost 2.5lb. The last 2weeks I've been to 2 body pump classes, ran 2.5k x3, body combat and swam 40lengths.

Why the fucking hell have I only lost that and I've not exceeded my weekly allowance?

Any clues??

Hello Choos.

Erm. Not sure. I'm the same. I'm under my calorie goal consistently, running 8 miles plus three times a week, doing strength training and playing hockey and I've not lost a single lb in 8 weeks. I have lost in the past. A lot. But at the moment I'm eating a higher proportion of my calories as carbs (and cake and bread ones too) rather than protein, my BMI is below midpoint in healthy, i'm hungry more frequently now i'm running longer distances so fasting is harder, I'm a lady of a certain age that feels hot easily. Do any of these apply to you? This is what I think is keeping me hovering around the same 4lb range.

I also need more choos. And a handbag. And more luggage space for my holiday <wails>

Oh. WW. I know bugger all about that. Do you have a coach person to ask? Muscle does weigh more than fat so if you've got stiff muscles a lot you are building muscles. Measure you waist, bum and thighs too. If you're exercising that's often a good way of tracking progress on top of weight.

SylviaDaisyPouncer Thu 15-Aug-13 23:32:36

What tea said Choossmile

Sorry I don't know anything about Weight Watchers, but I'm sure there's some far more wise Chiefs out there who can advise.

Just an update on dh extra toe....it's coming off tomorrow! Will let you know what happens.

Weighing tomorrow, have done 2 good fasts and a just over 500 cals one. Hoping I can be down at pre hols weight.

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 15-Aug-13 23:38:16

Tbh I don't think exercise is what will make you lose weight. In fact I've often seen it actually slow down weight-loss. I don't know the scientific facts but I think the more energy you burn on a regular basis the more fuel your body will hang on to iyswim.

What exercise does do is improve your overall health and fitness, and of course tone everything up so you look fabulous! I definitely think it's the healthiest way to do it, but I'd go for measuring rather than weighing to monitor your results. I think it will be more motivating and also a truer reflection of your progress.

Think of all that toning you're doing. You'll be pert. Pert, for crying out loud! And I can guarantee you that 11 pert stones look a damn sight better than 10 saggy stones wink

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 15-Aug-13 23:39:30

Ooh, the toe-thing-ectomy! Exciting times. We really do need before and after pics though.

SylviaDaisyPouncer Thu 15-Aug-13 23:43:12

Pert and toned

<sighs wistfully>

Randall I have purchased meringue nests! Sadly I made chocolate brownies today and opted for a very small square as a little treat. Hmmm

SylviaDaisyPouncer Thu 15-Aug-13 23:44:51

I will take pics tomorrow before the dr saws it off.

grin grin grin

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 15-Aug-13 23:53:43

Mmmm, chocolate brownies. I'm not a massive cakey person but I'd punch George Clooney in the face for a home made brownie.

I had more meringue for tea. Made a kind of Eton mess type thing with half fat creme fraiche and fromage frais instead of cream. It was bloody lovely!

Toe pictures? Damn it Sylv you could make my journey ooop norf with six blokes, and their slightly moldy gaters, bearable tomorrow. But a saw? shock Poor bugger.

I'd like to be pert. I'm quite toned. If tone is that bloke down the pub - the one who rests his arse on the stool.

Fingers crossed for the weigh in.

Erm. Randall I think you're right about the exercise. It's that and that fact I did punch George Clooney in the face - not just for brownies. There was cake. I also elbowed him in the nads for booze!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now