Badkitten's 'will it snow at Christmas?' thread

(229 Posts)
OhYouMerryLittleKitten Sun 09-Dec-12 17:48:11

Just for fun smile

GFS had Christmas Day in sight now. Of course it's massively a long way off in forecast terms and it can't even make its mind up what is going to happen on Friday yet!

disclaimer: am only an amateur and this is my hobby. Please don't rely on it for any crucial decisions - I don't want you to get into pickles cos I got it wrong!

And now for the forecast......

<drumroll>

pepperrabbitanddesultorytinsel Sun 30-Dec-12 17:49:58

Managed to get out in the garden this afternoon and it's absolutely sodden shock
I mean, I know it's been raining almost non stop forever, but the shed has a moat, my 2 veg patches are literally underwater. We've been here 8 years or so and I've not seen the ground this saturated before.
What I'd really like is a cold/dry spell or proper snow.
Pretty please! smile
(You do do requests, don't you OYBBK wink)

OhyouMerryLittleKitten Sun 30-Dec-12 18:25:05

Thank you Satsuma smile
if only I could do requests, I'd be snowed in now until the end of January!!!!

I can see hints of a cool down from mid Jan onwards. The conditions over russia are looking much more promising. The only caveat, is that it looked jolly promising in November! interesting blog about stratospheric warming, a concept that I'm slowly coming to grips with.

fatsatsuma Sun 30-Dec-12 18:39:20

Yes, I got excited about the SSW a few weeks ago but it didn't come to much.

Still, we always used to get the worst snow in January so there's still hope for us snow-lovers.

OhyouMerryLittleKitten Sun 30-Dec-12 19:15:03

Should be a dry night tomorrow for NY celebrations smile apart from for much of poor Scotland who will have a mix of rain/sleet/snow depending on altitude and location.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now