Give me your "money no object" dream hotels...

(70 Posts)

For DH's 40th birthday please. Don't mind where (city/country/coast). Great food and a spa would be nice smile

Not been to it but I fancy The Witchery in Edinburgh, and Edinburgh is lovely. No spa though, I don't think.

Bath is nice, but I don't know any hotel recs.

The Langham in London?

Guitargirl Thu 04-Apr-13 21:57:40

There are three in London I would love to stay in:

Charlotte Street hotel
Syon Park hotel
St Pancras Renaissance

Am sure there must be loads of stately home type hotels in the country which have fab spas. Unfortunately I don't know any but am sure others will!

Sounds great - hope you have a fab time - let us know which one you go for!

MajorDivvy Thu 04-Apr-13 22:12:59

SAVOY!! :grin: But that's just because I'm a geek and love Gilbert and Sullivan. hoping my DH or parents will book it for my 30th!

Loolumboolum Thu 04-Apr-13 22:14:57

The Witchery is a restaurant. Edinburgh is lovely though! The Balmoral is Edinburgh's poshest hotel, great restaurant and spa. I'd go to Gleneagles though.... Perthshire. Amazing Espa spa, very famous restaurant... And golf.

The Witchery has rooms. here

WipsGlitter Thu 04-Apr-13 22:22:57

The Witchery has rooms but is v v v expensive!!

serin Thu 04-Apr-13 22:24:24

Star castle (St Mary's, Isles of Scilly)

OP said money no object, so I took her at her word! Me, I can just dream... smile

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Thu 04-Apr-13 22:40:40

for a weekend in london, I would stay here so central yet feels a million miles away if you want it to

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Thu 04-Apr-13 22:44:42

or here although I have not stayed at the second one

Bill Bryson likes Hazlitt's. smile

Zhx3 Thu 04-Apr-13 22:48:40

The Torridon.

Scenery to die for, and the food was wonderful.

noviceoftheday Thu 04-Apr-13 22:51:26

We stayed at the Savoy for the night of my 40th, first time since the renovations. It was divine. We had dinner there but no spa. The bill was just over £1k for the night.shock

I have also stayed at The Renaissance St Pancras. Great hotel. Was business so can't remember cost.

Last year, we stayed at the Waldorf Astoria. Nice rooms. I think it was £350 for the night.

Dorchester? Haven't stayed for a few years but there is something special about there. From memory, more expensive than Waldorf, cheaper than Savoy.

Finally one out of London, The Grove. That's about £800 for the weekend.

I have always wanted to go to Burgh Island.

staticlunge Thu 04-Apr-13 23:44:15

Ion adventure hotel in Iceland is getting some fab reviews in the press. Don't know how to link on the phone

Fun thread smile
Lilianfels, blue mountains oz
Sagamore, south beach Miami
True santon, Cornwall,
Montpellier chapter Cheltenham

You need to celebrate a birthday with a zero in it smile

* new to iPad, ghastly auto check/spelling

givemeaclue Fri 05-Apr-13 12:49:17

Have been to lilianfels it was very nice.

Barbie1 Fri 05-Apr-13 12:51:57

Babington house was amazing and the cow shed spa was well worth spending the whole day in.

Thank you grin Will have much fun checking these out

spababe Mon 08-Apr-13 16:16:17

Top of my wishlist for great food and a great spa would be Pennyhill Park

http://www.pennyhillpark.co.uk/EXCLUSIVE_HOTELS/the_hotel.aspx

staticlunge Fri 12-Apr-13 07:39:55

Have you chosen one yet?

Still trying to decide. We were originally going to go abroad but then thought it would be more relaxing to stay in the UK on the basis we can only get babysitting for 2 nights.

Really like the look of The Witchery but if we were going to go as far as Edinburgh, we'd probably fly and then we're back to looking at abroad again confused Beginning to wish I hadn't involved DH. He certainly put the pro in procrastinating smile

KenAdams England Mon 15-Apr-13 00:51:44

The Ritz. Obvious but classic. It's a bucket list thing for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now