Bake Off will not be on the BBC in future

(122 Posts)
bojorojo Mon 12-Sep-16 18:23:36

The meeting between Love Productions and the BBC has resulted in Bake Off leaving the BBC due to the BBC not offering enough money to keep it! Where will it go and will it be the same?

AverageGayLadAtChristmas Mon 12-Sep-16 18:25:33

Assuming they keep all the presenters I don't really mind - don't want adverts though! sad

TwuntingCat Mon 12-Sep-16 18:27:05

ITV were desperate for it so I assume there, Mary and Paul did say they wouldn't follow though if it did sad. I wonder if they will stick to their word?

idontlikealdi Mon 12-Sep-16 18:27:22

I think it's had its day anyway and I used to love it.

situatedknowledge Mon 12-Sep-16 18:29:12

That is very sad.

Gmbk Mon 12-Sep-16 18:29:41

It'll be rubbish, bezza won't go with it and it will flop.

Bit like when itv tried to nick the breakfast duo and it went shit.

JinkxMonsoon Mon 12-Sep-16 18:32:01

That's awful. It won't be the same if it's not on the BBC sad

Autumnchill Mon 12-Sep-16 18:34:04

Just seen it on the BBC news sad it just won't be the same (and I hate adverts!)

MadisonAvenue Mon 12-Sep-16 18:34:13

I assume that ITV got it and there'll be ads, product placement and recommendations.
I don't watch much TV that has ads.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Mon 12-Sep-16 18:35:31

Oh no. It's not worth watching without the current presenting team. I shall savour this last series then! With extra cake...

specialsubject Mon 12-Sep-16 18:38:24

yes!! goodbye endless adverts for watching people making cake! Goodbye endless extra programmes about making more cake!

emotionsecho Mon 12-Sep-16 18:40:18

Oh that's crap, it won't be the same and will probably wither and die and all for a bit of extra money, shame on you Love Productions the BBC and the audience who watch the BBC made the programme what it is.

Sparklingbrook Mon 12-Sep-16 18:42:35

Perhaps it's time to shelve it anyway. Quit while they are ahead?

I have never really got it TBH, but I know I am an exception.

CreamTeaFor4 Mon 12-Sep-16 18:44:25

Well we're not enjoying this current series and now that it's going to any other channel we won't watch it beyond this series - really don't like ads, really don't fancy watching other presenters or judges, they all just work together so well. sad

leccybill Mon 12-Sep-16 18:46:45

It suited the BBC.
It will just feel fake and cheap on ITV.

MooPointCowsOpinion Mon 12-Sep-16 18:51:45

Fuck sake, surely this is worth a referendum.

I'm not watching it without Mary Berry, Mel and Sur.

Namechanger2015 Mon 12-Sep-16 18:53:40

Fuck sake, surely this is worth a referendum
gringringrin

bakeoffcake Mon 12-Sep-16 18:57:47

I'm really cross about this.

I think the Production company are being greedy. The BBC has had to make cuts so won't be able to compete with the commercial stations but the BBC made this programme what it is. It will not be the same with adverts!

MalcolmTuckersEyebrows Mon 12-Sep-16 18:57:47

I have loved bake off in the past, but I feel it is starting to get a bit stale and one of the things they used to do (sending Sue out to find out about baking traditions) is a rarity now. It's so samey all the time and has got too "reality TV" for my liking. I'll watch this last series and not worry about it moving - the charm has waned already.

JinkxMonsoon Mon 12-Sep-16 19:00:08

ITV tried to rip off Bake Off with Carol fucking Vorderman, didn't they? And it was shit. If Mel and Sue and Mary refuse to sign up to the new channel (Paul would sign up to any channel grin) then fuck it, Bake Off is dead to me.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Mon 12-Sep-16 19:01:18

I used to love it but Mel and Sue just make jokes about buns and Mary Berry looks like she has had so much surgery that I'm surprised she can move her face at all

emotionsecho Mon 12-Sep-16 19:33:59

I agree with you bakeoffcake the Production Company are just seeing £ signs.

SwedishEdith Mon 12-Sep-16 19:37:36

BBC should just copy it with same presenters and call it Bake On.

I think it's run its course though.

GiraffesAndButterflies Mon 12-Sep-16 19:43:57

I have loved bake off in the past, but I feel it is starting to get a bit stale

Get. Your. Coat.
grin

GottaGetThisDone Mon 12-Sep-16 20:32:16

OH just said it's going to Ch 4

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now