I'm addicted to Dance Moms, it's not even funny!

(96 Posts)
ilovevegcrisps Wed 23-Mar-16 18:54:29

Does anyone else love it??

hogbreath Thu 24-Mar-16 07:52:24

Me. I love it but I feel so guilty for liking it.

ilovevegcrisps Thu 24-Mar-16 07:53:21

Which series are you up to? I'm halfway through series 5!

Groovee Fri 25-Mar-16 13:10:30

I'm watching the new series on a Monday. I feel for the girls, Abbie is acting as though she doesn't care!!

beansonbread Fri 25-Mar-16 13:15:30

I absolutely love it! It's totally my guilty pleasure! I'll happily watch repeats of old series over and over again whenever they're on.

ilovevegcrisps Fri 25-Mar-16 13:35:41

I might have the videos on my phone from iTunes ... grin

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Fri 25-Mar-16 13:53:57

Me too, I'm on the most recent series too. I don't like how there is much less focus on the dancing & more about the mum's arguing now

ilovevegcrisps Fri 25-Mar-16 13:55:06

I haven't seen series 6 at all yet. I need to wait to be able to buy on iTunes or Amazon instant video!

Floggingmolly Fri 25-Mar-16 14:03:52

Yes, I was laid up with flu recently and watched an episode every day. It's pure shite really; I never watch reality shows but I'm addicted to this grin
The dancing is amazing as well, are all the kids hypermobile or what?!

ilovevegcrisps Fri 25-Mar-16 14:05:46

I'm sure Brooke doesn't have any bones grin

They really are talented, though - I'm such a terrible dancer but love watching it.

Gatehouse77 Fri 25-Mar-16 17:20:29

My girls and I love it. DS gates drawn into it as well and DH tries hard to ignore it!! We're on season 3.

Love it! The girls are fabulous dancers but given how hard they train I'm not surprised. Except Vivi-Ann - she was not nearly of the same standard and her mother needs shooting. Specifically for saying she'd slash her wrists if Vivi said she didn't want to dance IN FRONT OF HER!!!

Of the mums, I like Kelly and Christi but they need to wind their necks in sometimes. Melissa is manipulative and pathetic. I like Holly but her timing isn't always good. Cathy is from another planet. Jill is a sycophant.

As for Abby - OMG! I wouldn't subject any of my children to her methods. At least Cathy uses positive praise to encourage her students. Her blatant favouritism is frustrating. Her contradictions are mind boggling. One minute she says the mothers are the bane of her life, the next they're not stepping up to the plate! One minutes she's expelling Holly, the next cross she's not at rehearsals! Oh, and it's NEVER the choreography that's wrong, only the performance.

We always have a discussion during and after about how we would do things differently, our opinions of the dances and where we agree.

Finally, Abby's voice - is she a smoker?

Groovee Fri 25-Mar-16 19:19:43

I've never seen her smoke. I think she just shouts a lot.

228agreenend Fri 25-Mar-16 19:24:38

Caught a few programmes recently (not sure which series). I find its fascinAting, but am appalled at the same time. In every programme I have seen, one of the girls has cried, either during rehearsal or during a performance.

Also, there was a dance competition where they came 10th. However, one of the girls did well, and I think won a category. However, Abbie never went over and congratulated her.

Awholelottanosy Fri 25-Mar-16 19:27:29

Please what is it? Why are you all addicted to it and where can I find it...?

< needs something new to get addicted to...> smile

StoorieHoose Fri 25-Mar-16 19:31:34

Another addict here. I pretend not to like it but it's hard not to be drawn into it. I would be a rubbish dance mom though cos I could stand anyone talking to my daughter like that. Apparantley the Zeiglers won't be in the next season so that should make things interesting. I do like how Abby's legal issues have affected her and she sits there in her pjs and rollers !

DD was gutted that I didn't get tickets to go to see them when they were in Edinburgh recently but it was just Abby and Brynn and if there is one mom I can't stand its Brynns

StoorieHoose Fri 25-Mar-16 19:32:24

*counldnt stand

ilovevegcrisps Fri 25-Mar-16 20:00:18

I really can't help but like christi, but she was pretty awful in the first series. That time Maddie and Mackenzie were sobbing as christi screamed at Melissa was pretty horrible, and it must have been awful for Chloe as well.

Its interesting though how Abby got into running a dance company. She clearly ^isn't* a dancer!

BendydickCuminsnatch Fri 25-Mar-16 20:02:40

I love Dance Moms! I'm on the latest series though. I follow them on Instagram too like some desperate fangirl tween blush

Groovee Fri 25-Mar-16 21:53:04

Whole it's on the lifetime channel which is 208 on virgin.

MrsRedFly Sat 26-Mar-16 10:44:38

Old series shown on 5star I think?

Gatehouse77 Sat 26-Mar-16 19:04:37

Yep, 5 Star 7pm ish Monday - Friday

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 26-Mar-16 19:09:27

Do they actually go to school as they always seem to be travelling around the country going to competitions. It's a guilty secret off mine to watch but I am watching on 5* so old ones

Groovee Sat 26-Mar-16 19:33:05

Maddie and Mackenzie are home schooled. I'm presuming the others are now they are in LA.

Floggingmolly Sat 26-Mar-16 19:37:33

Are they? They must spend most of their day in the dance studios; no wonder they're so good. Isn't MacKenzie like a little doll? grin. She's adorable.

Groovee Sat 26-Mar-16 20:46:55

There's a lot from Christi about the fact that Melissa has removed the girls from school and it was offensive to Kelly as her girls went to the same school.

Think they all dance from about 3pm but that Melissa home schooled until lunch then the girls had privates

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now