Wimbledon 2013.

(975 Posts)
magimedi Sun 23-Jun-13 20:29:13

I am so excited!

DH takes over all catering for this fortnight (he does it at other times too) so I can plump my cushions, grab the handchange & get watching.

I'd like to be saying who I was putting my money on to win - but I really can't decide between Rafa, Federer Djokovitch & Murray.

I'd just say that it will be one of them and, sadly, I'd put Andy in last place.

Two weeks of tennis coming up!!

Bring it on. wine (pimms) & grin

MrsMcEnroe Mon 24-Jun-13 12:43:32

RaahhfaNadalismyToyboy Oi! hands off my husband! wink

grin

Mac is great. And usually brutally honest. I wish he commentated for the Beeb more often.

MrsMcEnroe Mon 24-Jun-13 12:52:34

Yeah me too grin. would have loved to have heard his commentary when Andy was winning the US Open last year!

ChuckitintheBucket Mon 24-Jun-13 12:55:04

Oh dear, first british casualty.

PetiteRaleuse Mon 24-Jun-13 12:56:58

As usual am hoping for Murray to win, but if he can't then Tsonga, Monfils (is he actually playing this year?) or another French player.

Love having Beeb coverage but I don't get the red button unfortunately over here, so will have to swap to French TV if interesting French players are playing at teh same time as Fed/Nadal.

Almost cried when they showed those shots of Nadal being injured and losing last year. He looked devastated. So many players would have declared forfeit.

Stila Mon 24-Jun-13 13:01:11

Errani /Puig have sent the dog running out to see who's making all the noise .

Should I be plumping for federer this match?

blibblibs Mon 24-Jun-13 13:13:19

I would say so!

Alway better if the tops seeds get into the second week.

this could be a short match.grin

Cool,
GO ON FEDERER!

HesterShaw Mon 24-Jun-13 13:26:29

Bally's out already. Imagine being out of Wimbledon by 1.30pm on the first day sad

MrsMcEnroe Mon 24-Jun-13 13:27:15

Doesn't Fed make the court look small??

JaquelineHyde Mon 24-Jun-13 13:42:50

Woohoo found you.

Signing in for the next two weeks.

Supporting Murray all the way here, followed by Tsonga and then Nadal.

Shame I have to do the bloody school run every afternoon...Watch this space for the inevitable speeding ticket grin

Jacqueline- the school run is a pain. For once, I am grateful that the school is on strike on Thursday!

ClayDavis Mon 24-Jun-13 14:03:03

Signing in for this afternoon. Managed to swap shifts and get it off work. Wonder if that will work for the next two weeks...

Ooooohhh one reason I am glad I am off of work.

I lurve Federer but want to get his nice whitey whites all dirty!! wink

I like Murray more after watching TV programme about him last night but no one will top Rog for me.

Ewww, Azarenka had a nasty fall. At least the screaming was for a genuine reason that time.

Well done Roger!

I do love Wimbledon whites- nice and cleangrin.

Stila Mon 24-Jun-13 14:21:20

grin at wear that shirt again as he's hardly broken sweat

amigababy Mon 24-Jun-13 14:21:34

signing in, the first year where I'm off work for 2 days a week, hope the matches fall well for me. Great today, Roger, Rafa and Andy in a row.
Novak was great on BBC breakfast this morning, playing ( gently) against one of the presenters. Really funny.

Poor Hanescu.
VAMOS Rafa now!

amigababy Mon 24-Jun-13 14:22:33

well, when court 1 comes free anyway

ChuckitintheBucket Mon 24-Jun-13 14:23:35

Quality stuff from Roger as usual. Never get tired of watching him win.

amigababy Mon 24-Jun-13 14:23:54

the official Wimbledon app is very good, you can tick favorite players to get score updates for them.

Oh no, not Shrieky.

I love the Wimbledon app- means I can be anti social keep up with the scores when stuck in the school playground.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now