Walking dead! This weeks episode! Full of spoilers so DO NOT READ!

(709 Posts)
Rachel130690 Mon 05-Nov-12 22:07:28

I need to discuss this episode in great detail!! Can someone who has seen it please comment on what you think is the best bit? Also did you think it was very sad?

TwllBach Sun 17-Feb-13 08:10:33

Oh, and one last thing -

Maybe this is more difficult for them to process because they've been fightin walkers for such a long time that they forgot humans could be bastards too? When you think about it, maggie hasn't really had to see the bad humans like rick has. It must be exhausting, to realise that you have human enemies as well.

Yes, agree, and definitely didn't mean to downplay what happened to her (not downplaying what happened to Glenn as it's obvious to all). But that just seems a bit subtle for a TV show - the way they were there seemed to be "one big secret" iyswim.
You're right, i forget that maggie hasn't been around with the rest of them. Until fairly recently that family were quite secure and protected from the nastiness.

TwllBach Sun 17-Feb-13 08:49:30

I sort of agree with you though, because surely now everyone ha taken it as a given that she was raped? Not that it matters, but Herschel must think that after her reaction?

Maybe maggie doesn't want to talk about it because she doesn't want people to pity her. She was one of the "strong" ones up there jut below rick and daryl, and maybe she is worried that by admitting what happened it would put her back to "needing protecting "

I obviously need to get out more...

susiedaisy Sun 17-Feb-13 10:54:57

Silver. You summed it up nicely there smile,

really hoping this isn't the last series anyone know if there's another in the pipeline ?

[rushes in, late and panting]

ChocolateRaisin here! (Name change) Anyone seen the latest episode? Second one of this year?!

DESPERATE to hear what people think!

nooooooo, and I won't get to see it tonight either as DH wants us to watch 007 angry

Aspiemum2 Fri 22-Feb-13 12:51:23

Yep, watched it Monday - couldn't even wait until evening so watched it when the twins were napping! Thought it was heaps better than last weeks smile

I watched them both in a row because this is the first chance I've had to catch up on my TV essentials (the joys of being bed-bound!) and yeah, the first was a bit nothingy. Second way better but cliff-hangery! Want the next one NOW plizz!

Aspiemum2 Fri 22-Feb-13 16:25:54

Yep, am anxious to see the next one. Have got grey's to watch tonight though so that'll keep me going.
Can't wait to see how Merle affects the group

TwllBach Fri 22-Feb-13 22:30:26

I'm watching it now - just watched the bit between maggie and Glenn at the winning. Why did she push him away? Whyyyy? <sob>

(I sort of get it, I do, but they're my favourite couple sad)

NoHank Fri 22-Feb-13 22:36:40

Have always been team Rick but after that scene on the bridge i think I luff Daryl. Merle, on the other hand, is a prick <gavel>

TwllBach Fri 22-Feb-13 22:38:57

Oh that conversation between daryl and merle was so sad. Daryls brilliant - I love how he was so vulnerable and so strong at the same time and how he's a good man now, and makes the hard decisions.

Rick is winding me up.

TwllBach Fri 22-Feb-13 22:45:50

Hoooooly crap! That made me jump right out of my seat grin

<guess what bit I just watched emoticon>

NoHank Fri 22-Feb-13 22:46:12

I agree. I want to slap him with a wet fish and give him a good seeing too wash grin
You're right about Daryl. He just gets better every week

NoHank Fri 22-Feb-13 22:47:57

Bloody hell! Am a few minutes behind. Just read your comment before it happened!

TwllBach Fri 22-Feb-13 22:52:32

Oh fuck!
This is amazing.

Oh my god did you just see that save????

TwllBach Fri 22-Feb-13 22:53:31

Oh that beautiful, sentiment filled nod. <misty eyed>

NoHank Fri 22-Feb-13 22:54:41

You need nerves of bloody steel to watch this. [Wine] helps

NoHank Fri 22-Feb-13 22:58:52

Yes. The nod. He is so good at that. So much expressed without saying a word. Was that Andrea fighting her way throughthe at the end?

TwllBach Fri 22-Feb-13 23:03:07

I was going to ask the same thing abut Andrea - the one that drove the van?

I keep rewinding the last couple of minutes. I bet merle loved that, didn't he. Perfect opportunity to reintroduce himself. But I don't think daryl will be able to relax, knowing that his brother is an animal and that he's loose in the group.

TwllBach Fri 22-Feb-13 23:07:31

Oh wait, did you mean at the end in the clip for next week? Yeah I think it was.

At least it might convince rick to keep michonne. I think today has prove that try need to bulk the group up a bit. Merle is probably handy for a while.

I'm a bit concerned at the lack of basic parental caring that rick seems to display! Daryl cares for those children more than he is doing at the moment, although I'm sure it's almost like a PTS thing. They've all been through some pretty traumatic stuff, but rick blames himself because he was in charge - everyone dying is his fault. But still.

NoHank Fri 22-Feb-13 23:10:18

Merle won't be able to help himself. He is just naturally a complete nobber and I don't think he will even be able to pretend there is any sort of humanity in him.

I've just seen a trailer for next weeks. It looked like Andrea entering the prison gates. I hope Michonne pokes her in the eye with her big stick grin

TwllBach Fri 22-Feb-13 23:14:50

Andrea is an utter nobbly nobber, but at least she can shoot walkers, run, hunt etc and is relatively healthy.
The only problem would come when the (inevitable) face off with the Governor happens, because she wants to believe he's nice cos she let him do her.

NoHank Fri 22-Feb-13 23:15:39

Lori is a big unnecessary distraction at the minute.

I'm looking forward to Rick finding his grip and getting his shit together. I did wonder where the other group was though. The one they told to go last week. Was it Tyrese? When they left hand thought it was to the next cell block not actually out of the prison. Not read the comics myself but I thought he would be a bigger character

NoHank Fri 22-Feb-13 23:18:08

"Utter nobbly nobber" possible future name change

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now