I'm a uk size 4, woohoo!

(74 Posts)
CountryRoadTakeMeHome Tue 26-Jan-16 14:26:39

Well Gap seems to think! I bought some skinny jeans from Gap Outlet earlier (Bargain!) and easily fitted the uk size 4 (25s) if they had a 24 in stock I'm convinced I would of squeezed into them too!

Of course in truth I'm 5ft 9 and a size 8 but hey my ego got a boost! grin Tho should I really be aspiring to a ridiculous size for my frame- probably not hmm

Roseberrry Tue 26-Jan-16 14:28:47

All I can say is envyenvyenvy

I'd love to be tall and skinny but I'm too busy being short and fat.

ouryve Tue 26-Jan-16 14:29:43

I think the outlet jeans are often mistakenly given American sizes. I have some supposedly size 6 jeans from there, a few years back, when I was a 10 everywhere else.

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Tue 26-Jan-16 14:38:25

The outlet ones have both US and UK sizing on the tags. I wonder what size a true uk 6 or 4 takes in there!

I haven't always been slim though. I was a tall sporty slim teen but put gradual weight on after marriage and children. I suffered a traumatic experience a few years ago and lost weight very rapidly through stress. I have been a size 8 couple of years now.

Everyone whatever size or shape CAN look fantastic (and equally awful!).

FanjofortheMammaries Tue 26-Jan-16 14:39:39

I thought gap jeans always showed US sizes...sorry

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Tue 26-Jan-16 14:45:13

The tag on the jeans and the actual label read ;

US 0R
UK 4R
EU 33 R

Funny thing is I've got long legs too but Regular is a perfect fit. They are lovely Jeans but wow with the vanity sizing!

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Tue 26-Jan-16 14:46:04

EU 32 that should have been!

Blingygolightly Tue 26-Jan-16 14:47:38

grin

Vanity sizing normally makes me cross but I am to partake in your delight!grin

vanillabeauty Tue 26-Jan-16 14:48:52

The true size 4's wear kids clothes 😞

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Tue 26-Jan-16 14:49:19

Thanks Blingy but it's ridiculous if I was truly a size 4 I would slip down the next drain I walk over!

FanjofortheMammaries Tue 26-Jan-16 14:51:49

Oh well enjoy grin

Branleuse Tue 26-Jan-16 14:53:02

5ft 9 and a size 8, and youre still thrilled by vanity sizing to that extent??

Youre already very thin for your height, Your thrill at fitting into a size zero at that height, is a pretty irresponsible thing to boast about

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Tue 26-Jan-16 14:53:37

Vanilla, funnily I wanted a fairly light wash colour of Jeans and I couldn't find any in the women's section. So once I realised how the doing was going I did go and look at the kids section and consider trying a pair on! I suspect they would have been a little Capri !blush I settled on the dark wash size 4s instead grin

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Tue 26-Jan-16 14:55:25

Branleuse I'm not boasting, you have got the wrong end of the stick hmmhmm

Branleuse Tue 26-Jan-16 14:57:37

an ego boost to fit into a size zero? Really?

If you were 5 ft maybe

I hope noone else recovering from eating disorders reads this

thelouisee Tue 26-Jan-16 15:01:37

"I hope noone else recovering from eating disorders reads this"

They shouldn't have opened the thread then!

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Tue 26-Jan-16 15:03:24

No I'm saying the sizing is way off and I'm a modern day size 8!

IronMaggie Tue 26-Jan-16 15:03:33

I see Branleuse's point. If 'smaller is better' then your glee makes sense.

But yes, Gap's sizing is a bit silly. So is M&S'. It makes it much harder to buy clothes online, unless you know in advance how to adjust each shop's sizes.

DownstairsMixUp Tue 26-Jan-16 15:03:37

Jealous! It's taking forever for me to lose weight. not because I like vodka and get take aways oh no

ELLNEW1698 Tue 26-Jan-16 15:04:11

I am 5"9 nearly 5"10 and a size 8 - 10 what leg length are you as regular would be far too short for me, my inside leg length is 34".

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blingygolightly Tue 26-Jan-16 15:05:29

Blimey. The OP was being lighthearted.

Vanilla, Top Shop, Warehouse, Miss Selfridge, Mango, Banana Republic and J Crew all do size 4. Plus if you look on The Outnet, a lot of they do size 4 or xxs. I can highly recommend Gap age 12 jeans though (and M&S age 12 tops). Same quality as the adults but at half the price. grin

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Tue 26-Jan-16 15:08:57

Thanks blingy! Poster have seemed to have missed the point!

I'm actually longer in the torso than leg!

Blingygolightly Tue 26-Jan-16 15:09:44

Need Jinx, as my dcs would say!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now