MN Vogue - Vol 24

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Thu 17-Oct-13 17:59:12

Continuing on from here
A happy and safe place to talk fashion (from high end to high street), beauty and the arts. All welcome to bring a positive state of mind, lots of links and an eye for detail. Lurkers...... you know you want to..........

MarshaBrady Thu 31-Oct-13 18:04:55

I know. Dh made me do it, am considering switching back. I feel like everything is shouting and waving its jazz hands at me.

LinusDKD Thu 31-Oct-13 18:24:32

Good news one!

I am not a fan either shop, especially as it seems to have buggered up Skype on my Ipad.

DH likes the torch you can now switch on somehow. hmm

And yes, what happened to the Louboutin 'secret sale'?

You have so much planned for your birthday * shop*! I only have dinner with DH. It's a fancy Thai place so I also have an outfit dilemma.

Even though Halloween is not part of my tradition, I can't help get excited about opening the door and seeing children all dressed up and full of anticipation about the treat they are going to get.

DS hates dressing up and is not too keen on on other people dressing up so he just looks at the children and doesn't even want to give them their sweets. Maybe next year when he realises that he will get lots of candy

DD seems on the mend but she is not quite her happy self yet. But no sign of a bronchitis yet, touch wood.

shopafrolic Thu 31-Oct-13 18:34:55

We're having a fun Halloween - DS dressed up with little devil ears and a fork. DN wearing a witches outfit - me in a hat and giving out Haribo to all the children. We've carved a pumpkin and candles are lit. I'm not allowed to tell the children that our house used to be an Undertakers in 1905 hmm

mignonnette Thu 31-Oct-13 19:05:11

<<<<<<< wails that Victoria Beckham is wearing my coat >>>>>>>>

Not sure I should be thanking you Linus for that photo wink. I want that coat!

Well done One and am awaiting photos.

My son has gone out dressed as a NYC Fireman- can you imagine what he looks like- suspender braces, navy NYFD T shirt, black trousers, mirror shades and hard hat (snigger)?

That is so cool Shop. What a history. Ours was a bake house. Not so interesting.

LinusDKD Thu 31-Oct-13 19:30:42

Sorry mig! To be fair, she does look good in that coat.

QueenCadbury Thu 31-Oct-13 19:35:21

I'm back!!!! Had a fab time!! Couldn't wear my Minnie ears much though as they kept blowing off grin.

I'm not even going to attempt to catch up on what i've missed but hope you're all well...?

mignonnette Thu 31-Oct-13 19:45:32

Linus She does look good and I can at least say I share her exquisite taste smile. Love how the pleats fan out at the back as she moves.

Queen Welcome Home! What rides did you go on? What food did you eat and what did you wear? Were the kids spellbound?

Ours is built on what was a churchyard shop.

There was a Louboutin secret sale, the stuff that went on this morning was the leftovers.

Had a lovely little halloween tea party here, just the four of us. I bought lots of tat decorations from Poundland and decorated the living room last night after they went to bed. Have eaten lots of pizza and sausage rolls so I feels quite sick!

Welcome back queenC hope you all had a fab time

QueenCadbury Thu 31-Oct-13 20:02:58

mig I went on the teacups, small world, pirates of Caribbean, dumbo, buzz, slinky dog and the flying carpets. Really wanted to do the nemo ride but it was over an hours wait. Ate lots of crap mainly. I tried to make the healthiest choices possible bearing in mind I have a dress to fit into on Saturday but it's mainly chips,chips and more chips. I wore a tee, cardi and jeans. Luckily only needed the waterproof trousers for an hour! The kids absolutely adored it. The littlest was soooo excited to see Minnie Mouse smile.

mignonnette Thu 31-Oct-13 20:08:04

Happy they had a good time- their little faces are unforgettable aren't they? smile

My DD is planning a BD trip there in January w/ several friends.

BTW Does anybody ever bother going to the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland? If so is it worth it? My son wants to take his GF (they are 19) and wonders if it is for that age group. I tend not to do that kind of thing in town anymore not having little children.

QueenCadbury Thu 31-Oct-13 20:25:21

I had tickets for it last year mig but dh was ill so went to London with a friend instead. We decided to go to Harrods instead of winter wonderland <not at all helpful>.

Bristol airport I'd rubbish for shopping. Claire's or dixons hmm. It took longer to transfer from hotel to CDG than we expected so had no time to shop. It was killing me only being able to look in the windows as we were literally racing past Dior, Hermes, Prada, Gucci etc....

mignonnette Thu 31-Oct-13 20:31:06

I found the transfer from CdG a bloody nightmare the last time I flew there and costs a fortune too. We stayed at Mama Shelter in the Marais last time and went Eurostar which was much easier.

Bet that was a killer Queen. Last time in Paris I took a friend who is blind. Hermes were lovely w/ her taking down bags and letting her feel and smell them, winding scarves round her neck and spraying her with perfume. She bought a couple of little things and they gave her some free soaps. Lovely service.

Tried on the dress. It fits and DP says he likes it. I'm not sure though as it's a completely different style to what I'm used to. Will get pics up you know where tomorrow and await judgement grin

shopafrolic Thu 31-Oct-13 20:47:33

Queenc please tell me you went on the Aerosmith rollercoaster? I went 10 times I loved it so much....... Any naughty chipmunks? grin
DS is wired, only just got him down - he didn't even have sugar......

MarshaBrady Thu 31-Oct-13 20:48:25

Welcome back QueenC! Glad you had a lovely time.

Mig am pleased VB is taking your fashion advice wink grin

shopafrolic Thu 31-Oct-13 20:53:32

Bugger Amber so I missed out on the secret sale invite? Who got one? Did anyone buy?

MarshaBrady Thu 31-Oct-13 20:54:12

Nothing here. Nada!

shopafrolic Thu 31-Oct-13 20:54:54

linus this is a quiet birthday for me - last year I stretched it out for 3 weeks plus

shopafrolic Thu 31-Oct-13 20:57:45

BTW can someone else set up the next edition please. I've drunk too much gin tonight.

mignonnette Thu 31-Oct-13 21:00:13

Shall I do it?

mignonnette Thu 31-Oct-13 21:03:40

Done here

shopafrolic Thu 31-Oct-13 21:07:02

Thanks

shopafrolic Thu 31-Oct-13 21:07:12

Everso

shopafrolic Thu 31-Oct-13 21:07:22

Mig

This thread is not accepting new messages.