Summer school run shoes

(36 Posts)
MrsJamin Sat 27-Apr-13 20:43:49

Some days I walk over 5 miles for school/preschool runs, can anyone recommend some good quality but not hideous shoes for summer that will be more comfy than pumps or sandals?

DeafLeopard Sat 27-Apr-13 20:56:06

Me too so I will lurk. In the winter I live in boots, on a warm summer day it is fitflops, but I need something that I can wear with dresses or jeans on cooler days, but I can still walk for miles in.

MrsJamin Sat 27-Apr-13 21:16:53

How comfy are fitflops? I am totally put off the fact they say Fitflops on the front (well most of them). Also seem ultra mumsy!

Snowgirl1 Sat 27-Apr-13 23:09:50

I usually hate branded stuff, but love my Fitflops because they are sooo comfortable.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Sat 27-Apr-13 23:19:27

FitFlops sell in their zillions because they are über comfy. Let's face it, it wasn't their looks that sold them was it? I adore my Converses but I think 5 miles would be pushing it. Adidas Gazelles are nice IMO.

Urgh - I just looked on the Fitflops website.
They are fugly a bit chunky for me (I do have freakily narrow feet -size 5.5/6 - and skinny ankles TBH ),

Are they safe to drive in?

Most comfy sandles I ever found were Flyflots.

What about Birkenstocks? (Not good for me due to the width but I've heard people rave about them)

cocolepew Sat 27-Apr-13 23:45:19

Birkinstocks or Earth Spirit sandals, bit hippie but v comfortable.

Oooh tell me about Earth

How are they size-wise?

cocolepew Sat 27-Apr-13 23:53:34

Pretty true to size, I got a pair cheap a few years ago and they are really comfy. I think they might be American, but I noticed my local Barratts have started to stock them. I can't link from my phone, sorry!

MacaYoniAndCheese Sat 27-Apr-13 23:54:23

Birkies or Toms for me.

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Sat 27-Apr-13 23:56:21

CLARKS idyllic pumps are fab. Super comfy like slippers and are quite nice looking I think and have a decent sole. Will try link in a second!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Sat 27-Apr-13 23:57:31

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Sat 27-Apr-13 23:58:04

[[ try this]]

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Sat 27-Apr-13 23:58:38

now maybe

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Sat 27-Apr-13 23:58:53

MrsJamin Sun 28-Apr-13 06:41:39

The idyllic pumps look ok, not keen on metallic but I can see black too. Birkies I love the look off but I always have issues in shoes falling off my feet, which is really annoying, and I can't imagine these would stay on! Toms seem to have thin soles like connies which don't really stand up to the 5 miles either.

greenteawithlemon Sun 28-Apr-13 06:50:50

If you're doing all that walking every day the best thing for your feet would be a pair of supportive trainers.

Not very fashionable, sorry, but brilliant for your feet and it'll make the walking easier!

What about those sketchers go walk that are advertised at the moment?

MrsJamin Sun 28-Apr-13 07:50:39

The skechers go walk ones have excellent reviews so I might check them out, thanks!

2fedup Sun 28-Apr-13 07:52:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

2fedup Sun 28-Apr-13 07:57:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sh1ney Sun 28-Apr-13 07:59:28

I wear Toms in the summer and they're comfy and look pretty good too

Windowbasket Sun 28-Apr-13 08:35:52

I have these and they are really comfy, like walking on air!

MrsWolowitz Sun 28-Apr-13 09:49:03

Oooooh I like the clarks ones. I quite fancy the pink ones.

blueberryupsidedown Sun 28-Apr-13 09:54:43

These are super comfortable. I don't like fit flops for longer walks as you have to 'grip' your toes to keep them on and it hurts after a long walk (me anyway). I can't stand birkis because of that. Or any flip flop type sandals.

If you don't mind the fact that they are hotters, I have a pair of these and they are fab fab super comfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now