£800 to spend on a bag what would you go for

(242 Posts)
buttercrumble Fri 22-Feb-13 11:12:13

Been lusting after a bayswater for ages. But something holding me back, which other bags are classics which wont date....

HorizonFocus Fri 22-Feb-13 13:20:15

£50 ouryve But a free carrier bag would do the job just as well. hmm

andadietcoke Fri 22-Feb-13 13:24:42

I love my Alexa and get a lot more use out of it than the Bays. However, the new Bays with the shoulder strap looks lovely, but I'm not sure about the gold handle. Coveting a Del Ray as well at the moment.

HappyAsEyeAm Fri 22-Feb-13 13:25:27

I love that Mulberry Bayswater in peach. Get that one, OP. Please.

Internationaltraveller Fri 22-Feb-13 13:27:02

The Chloe Marcie is just beautiful - seen it at Harrods Heathrow Term 5 for under 1000 pounds

www.selfridges.com/en/Womenswear/Categories/Shop-Accessories/Handbags/Cross-body-bags/Marcie-small-shoulder-bag_221-3001525-3S0860161BLK/?previewAttribute=Black

I like the Miu Miu one above and think they date less than Mulberry

Balenciaga for me too. I have 3 miu miu bags and though they are beautiful they aren't very hard wearing.

whiteandyelloworchid Fri 22-Feb-13 13:34:57

<faints>

garlicbreeze Fri 22-Feb-13 13:35:38

I like the Jimmy Choo one, to my own surprise. Seemed well made and well thought out. (Yes, these things matter!!)

This thread's making me feel deprived; I'd better hide it! Enjoy choosing & using your new bag, Butter smile

DontmindifIdo Fri 22-Feb-13 13:36:24

oooh, I had a similar thread recently, and the bench lot went mental on it.

In the end, I tried lots of other bags, then bought the bays in black - it's big enough to cart all my crap important items (and can fit an A4 file in if you need to be able to use it to cart work things). But it's casual enough for non-work times.

I do, however, like this from anya hindmarch

badtemperedaldbitch Fri 22-Feb-13 13:38:20

£800 is two weeks wages

I dont want to make you feel bad about spending that on a bag though... i simply have nothing to contribute to this discussion

I hope you get a bag you like, and you get to feel special on the day.

LadyFlumpalot Fri 22-Feb-13 13:39:27

Do bags actually cost that much? Crikey!

Umm, if I could, I'd probably have the most expensive Radley bag I could find then have a new Radley purse with the change.

LadyFlumpalot Fri 22-Feb-13 13:40:05

Badtempered £800 is a MONTHS wage for me!

MoodyDidIt Fri 22-Feb-13 13:41:05
spiderlight Fri 22-Feb-13 13:46:12

It's a different world, it really is...

NomNomDePlumPudding Fri 22-Feb-13 13:47:01

i would buy a nice but inexpensive leather one with a big metal clasp to beat myself around the head with for even considering spending that much money on a fucking bag. seriously, £800 for a bag? fgs.

HappyAsEyeAm Fri 22-Feb-13 13:50:11

You know what? I wouldn't spend £800 on a bag either, but I am still enjoying the thread, and virtually spending the OP's money for her. Its fun! Thee will always be people with more money than you, and there will always be people with less money than you. Tis life.

DontmindifIdo Fri 22-Feb-13 13:50:44

Yes, it's a lot of money to spend on yourself, yet on another thread there's people justifying smoking because they "only" spend £25 a week on fags and can afford it. that you could buy a Mulberry bayswater and still have money left over for a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes yearly for the same budget seems to be passing them by, but here the OP is being the 'selfish' one for spending that much on something for herself hmm

Reality Fri 22-Feb-13 13:51:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KirstyoffEastenders Fri 22-Feb-13 13:54:24

And there will always be saps who want to be like celebrities who get given this shit for free so that stupid people go out and buy it.

Southeastdweller Fri 22-Feb-13 13:55:05

I'm too poor to buy anything from Mulberry but from what I've seen and felt, their bags look fabulous and I hear they last years and years. The Bayswater in particular is what I'd go for. Your money, your choice and I bet you'd feel great when you'd have it with you. The fakes that I see regularly look so transparently cheap.

But did you know they're £900 now?

badtemperedaldbitch Fri 22-Feb-13 13:55:39

I got held up in a bank by a bloke with a gun who threatend to shoot me in the leg if i didnt give him £200.

My first thought... mind my boots then... they were £40!

£40 was a lot of money for me to spend on boots. needless to say i DIDNT give him the money and he didnt shoot me!

NomNomDePlumPudding Fri 22-Feb-13 13:57:04

i don't think it's selfish, dontmindifido, i think it's ridiculous. it's a bag. op's money though, i hope she derives great pleasure from her purchase. (smoking is selfish though, has repercussions for other people)

JambalayaCodfishPie Fri 22-Feb-13 14:00:51

What does 'bench lot' mean?

DachsandPup Fri 22-Feb-13 14:05:29

I lurve my Bayswater - do it, do it, do it smile

HoobleDooble England Fri 22-Feb-13 14:06:18

I love to have the money to spend,but I don't so am quite envious! But (presuming she's in the UK) the OP is actually spending £640 on a bag, and donating £140 to the country in the form of VAT. So, I thank you for the contribution to the economy ... And enjoy your purchase OP!

Mrcrumpswife Fri 22-Feb-13 14:06:58

What does 'bench lot' mean?

I was wondering the same Jambaconfused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now