Fashion and beauty mysteries- what are you too afraid to ask?

(271 Posts)
AlwaysSleepingBeauty Wed 30-Jan-13 21:35:36

I hope that someone might help with mine... how on earth does one pronounce Space NK please? I was going to ask in the shop, but the man in the blue eyeshadow is too scary blush

garlicblocks Sun 10-Feb-13 22:48:27

smile Hope you find the right one for you, Martha.

marthamydear Sun 10-Feb-13 21:34:26

Thanks for the tip garlic block... I'll see if it helps

frostfrond Sun 10-Feb-13 17:32:45

I get mine from Primark.the one with the high waist and long bits on the leg. Not glamorous but I really like it

ProlificWillyBreeder Sun 10-Feb-13 17:29:42

Thanks I'll go to M&S smile

thenightsky Sun 10-Feb-13 10:12:52

I've had some good shapewear from TKMaxx in the past, but my full length bra sized best of all one is from M&S.

ProlificWillyBreeder Sun 10-Feb-13 10:00:39

too big and thus not working!

ProlificWillyBreeder Sun 10-Feb-13 10:00:21

Where do you get your shape wear from and it is true to size? I think my shape wear vest is t

thenightsky Sat 09-Feb-13 22:32:48

Oh yes... I always wear a pair of normal knickers under shapewear. I'd consider it a bit mucky not to.

frostfrond Sat 09-Feb-13 20:05:57

Does anyone else wear normal pants under their shapeware?I do and always have and it looks fine

ProlificWillyBreeder Sat 09-Feb-13 11:17:20

Me too who knows today is a bad hair day

I have a real love-hate relationship with my hair, when it's good it's fabulous, when it's bad its bloody awful and I never know which it's going to be when I wake up in the morning. I never keep it the same for long and am always tinkering with styles and products.

When I have it blowdried in a salon they always make me look like one of the Loose Women, I am much more casual and it just doesn't feel like me.

Jacksmania Thu 07-Feb-13 20:00:53

I just wind floss around my finger to form a little circle and pull it off and bin it.

I hate my hair when my stylist has dried it.

Actually, I currently hate my hair, period. I used to have a fabulous inverted bob, just above my shoulders. Then I thought to grow it longer so I can pull it back for yoga. I love that. Pulled back, it looks great. But when I leave it down it looks shit and flat and blah. sad

coffeeinbed Thu 07-Feb-13 16:53:47

Floss is wonderful, it's the disposing thereof that's fraught with worry - must go in bin or sea creatures will suffer.
I'm with the WhoKniows on hair- I like it messy and hairdresser dries it straight to cut.
Which seems like a waste.

MrsDeVere Thu 07-Feb-13 16:17:20

Because it doesn't degrade so what do you do with it? I used to chuck it down the loo before I thought about what it was doing once it got flushed.

I am not usually an eco worrier. I don't know why floss makes me fret so. I think it to do with it being wrapped round some poor duck or dolphin or something.

Ah, now I would ask the opposite question. What on earth do hairdressers do to my hair when they blowdry it because the first thing I do is go home and wash it and do it how I like it. Well, not any more because I just go for a wet cut and save the money. Not that that is much help to you Jen, sorry!

jen127 Thu 07-Feb-13 15:37:28

Can anyone create that just out of the salon look , the first time they have washed their hair post visit?
I can't my hair looks shit 99% of the time and fab for that one day every 6 -8 weeks ..

Interdental brushes are much easier than floss IMO, but you need to get the right size.

Jacksmania Thu 07-Feb-13 15:13:19

What's wrong with floss? confused

You have to use something to get the left-over yuk from between your teeth - what am I missing? Why is floss worry-worthy?

garlicblocks Thu 07-Feb-13 13:32:36

grin !

coffeeinbed Thu 07-Feb-13 13:31:20

Ah, you're all logic Garlic.

I never let logic and reasonable arguments ruin a good worry!
grin

garlicblocks Thu 07-Feb-13 13:19:46

Bit if the oil's liquid in a cool room, it'll wash down the system OK. Wouldn't be very nice if there was nothing but oil going through the system, but people are chucking detergents down all the time as well. If you worry about it, squirt a dollop of washing up liquid - or shower gel / shampoo - down the plug as you rinse smile

That should be OK, shouldn't it? <catches worry>

You can use interdental brushes instead of floss.

coffeeinbed Thu 07-Feb-13 12:56:14

knowingly

coffeeinbed Thu 07-Feb-13 12:55:47

Apparently you can cut cake in layers with it as well.
Now, an even layer of cake is not on my top of even my list of worries. I've never knowing refused a wonky one.

But really, oil in scrubs - no!
[goes to check floss disposal habits of the rest of the household]

MrsDeVere Thu 07-Feb-13 12:51:04

It has a half life of about a million years.

Those 'top tip' articles are always full of things like how you can use it as a washing line or cheese wire.

Yet we are told we HAVE to use it or our teeth will drop out shock

<fret>

coffeeinbed Thu 07-Feb-13 12:48:46

Don't get me started on floss.
Had nightmares about that as well.
[easily worried]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now