(176 Posts)
MaureenShit Sun 27-Jan-13 07:34:39

No one says this in rl. They say "a stripey t shirt " fgs

scarlet76 Sun 27-Jan-13 15:06:12

Genius: I would never stoop to getting my colours done

discorabbit Sun 27-Jan-13 15:21:24

i wish maureen would post more, i really enjoy and love her posts grin <snog>

dexter73 Sun 27-Jan-13 15:33:09

I thought the AW thread went pop because Marsha and cake had a bust up?

Yeah, why would you stoop to looking good wink

noddyholder Sun 27-Jan-13 16:03:19

I do look good but don;t want sheila with her glass beads draping me in coloured chiffon after her 6 week course

I don't want my colours done - I LIKE black and grey! Don't want Sheila, or indeed anybody else, telling me that I must wear teal and magenta stripes, or whatever.

Wonder if anybody makes a teal and magenta Breton?

noddyholder Sun 27-Jan-13 16:15:36

I agree! I wear any colour I like and can work out if i need extra blusher or whatever to wear certain colours and so what if you don't 'glow' in green if you like it. I hate the whole concept The women who do it look terrible.

Hopefully Sun 27-Jan-13 16:18:34

Feel free to hate the concept, but I do it and I definitely don't look terrible. Plus I'm incredibly modest.

noddyholder Sun 27-Jan-13 16:23:22

Ok will rephrase I have never seen any who do. I was accosted by them once and I know that green and autumn colours are what they like to see me in but I hate them and look like someone from a catalogue in those colours and would never wear.

Pseudonymity Sun 27-Jan-13 16:58:03

Oh did the A&W go underground? That's sad, I was wondering what happened, I used to love lurking around on there, I even purchased a few items...Breton dress included.

noddyholder Sun 27-Jan-13 17:05:32

Yes you didn't need a magazine or a stylist with them aroundsmile

I would like to petition Hopefully to post a picture to show how fecking amazing she looks. I also think I look quite good and I mainly stick to my colours. It is basically as prescriptive as you allow it to be. There are some colours I shouldn't wear but I do anyway. Likewise there are some colours in my palette (mole and stone anyone?) that I wouldn't dream of wearing, but I broadly stick to it and I am very pleased with the results. Saying that it is something one might 'stoop' to is a bit patronising and insulting to not only those that have had it done, but also those on here (and there are a few) who make their living from it.

Different strokes for different folks, innit? smile

noddyholder Sun 27-Jan-13 17:14:22

Well I am sorry for the uber sensitive. I say breton and it makes the OP heave but I am fine with that and don't feel insulted. But nothing will ever convince me on 'colours'. Although I take my hat off to you if you make a living out of it Money for old rope wink

Sorry, I'm not normally a member of the professionally offended, I'm just bored of all the bitchiness on S&B atm. I just want to talk about handbags and shoes like the shallow bint that I am.

noddyholder Sun 27-Jan-13 17:16:05

It is not bitchy it is funny.

TheDemonShedMaster Sun 27-Jan-13 17:17:42

Um. I say "Breton" shirt. It's a shirt. I bought it in Brittany.

<<types whilst wearing one of her eleventy-million Saint James BRETON shirts>>

TheFallenMadonna Sun 27-Jan-13 17:25:32

Saying "a slim trouser" is funny. It just is. It is ponce. As the "jargon of subspecialities" usually is. That's all right though, isn't it? It's an in group thing, surely?

dexter73 Sun 27-Jan-13 17:31:56

I suppose what one person thinks of as bitchy, to another it is just witty banter (thanks Dave!) and just depends on how sensitive you are about things.

The poncetastic nature of fashion terminology is funny and that's what Maureen is getting at. It's not directed at anyone in particular, just that her threads touch a nerve whether it's pebbly twigs etc, bretons or tunics.Her house is a shrine to pebbly shit

Awks Sun 27-Jan-13 18:11:39

Who cares if it annoys Maureen? I bet lots of things annoy Maureen.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 27-Jan-13 18:14:42

I got a lovely breton dress from gap recently (20% off day) its cream with navy stripe - looks great with the neon pink clutch. May get the new khaki swedish hasbeens as well to wear with.

usualsuspect Sun 27-Jan-13 18:22:13

I don't know what a Breton top is.

Porkster Sun 27-Jan-13 18:22:22

Noddy, I went with my mate to have her colours done & it was exactly as you describe.

Dowdy woman draping chiffon on her. She thinks she should wear 50 variations of diarrhoea colour.

We had the most hideous attack of the giggles & she almost threw us out.

I like Maureen on s&b, she makes me laugh.

It's stripey t shirt Usual wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now