Want to try to lose half a stone by Xmas - are you in??

(395 Posts)
Joycey29 Tue 27-Nov-12 07:08:25

So I m up for a little Xmas weight loss! Basically, I know at Xmas I put on weight so want to be well below my 'buffer zone' to enable me to join the festivities. Also want to look good in my Christmas party wear!
Useless on my own, need support to keep me on track!
Anyone in.............

ceeveebee Mon 07-Jan-13 22:19:37
Joycey29 Mon 07-Jan-13 21:12:38

Brilliant madmog - what s it called??

Madmog Mon 07-Jan-13 14:26:35

Ladies, I've started a new thread all together for those of us that just have a few pounds plus to loose, but anyone is welcome really. Hope this is okay with you Joycey.

Joycey29 Fri 04-Jan-13 08:46:27

Great plan no idea how to put a link in once started - advice please!
Xmas losers! grin

plaingirly Thu 03-Jan-13 12:37:38

New thread would be fab - like a weight loss club without the weekly fees!

Joycey29 Thu 03-Jan-13 11:01:22

madmog let's do it - i ll join! Like the support without paying through the nose!

Karma started 5/2 yesterday - not too bad -cheated by having a really low ready meal for supper but came in at 572.
Trying for 1800 on a normal day.

Lost 2lb since my fateful weigh in! But got 10lb to go!!!!!

Madmog Thu 03-Jan-13 10:36:00

Joycey, shall we start a new thread for this one now?. Could still be along the lines of loosing a few pounds or general encouragement for all of us.

I lost 5.5lbs before Christmas and have put on 2.5lbs, so overall I've lost 3lbs since the start of this thread. Have hardly touched the Xmas choccies and biscuits we were given, so will certainly have to keep my consumption of these down. Had an apple for my breakfast, so I could just have two M&S shortbread biscuits this morning which are laden with calories!

plaingirly Thu 03-Jan-13 09:15:54

Mine does - depends what I eat. A lot of carbs or salt can add 3 pounds overnight!

5:2 sounds interesting but I am trying to exercise and lift weights.

fedupofnamechanging Thu 03-Jan-13 08:07:56

Mine does Quinn. I think it might be a result of years of dieting, making my body sensitive to every little 'extra'.

I quite fancy the 5:2 thingy - I sort of tried it before but could only hold out until lunchtime before wolfing a massive sandwich grin. Might try it properly, with eggs for breakfast and then fish with steamed veg for dinner and lots of coffee in the meantime!

QuinnFabray Wed 02-Jan-13 11:13:20

Does anyone else's weight fluctuate on a daily basis? I go from 9.5 to 9.8 and back to 9.5 again in the space of three days. And it's not even the time of the month. I think it really is a case of every biscuit counts.

Joycey29 Wed 02-Jan-13 08:56:50

So - Happy New Year all! Well I lost 6.5lb before and have put on 6.5lb.
blush
All I can say is, atleast I didn't add 6.5lb to my start weight!

So now the hard work begins - new thread please!
I am going to try the 2/5 fast thingy - just been inspired by Breakfast TV.
grin

fedupofnamechanging Tue 01-Jan-13 10:43:25

Hi all.

I braved the scales this morning and have managed to put on half a stone. Am now at 9st 9lbs!

Am back on the 1200 calories starting today. New Year's day seems like a good time to start - I can't kid myself that it's still Christmas!

This is so hard though - pre Christmas I think i bought the sweet aisle in the supermarket. The house is still full of stollen and brandy cream and chocolate.

Had eggs and ryvitas for breakfast and am bloody starving.

Good luck to everyone else who is back on the diet this week.

ceeveebee Mon 31-Dec-12 11:13:00

Hi all, just back from a week at MILs who doesn't own scales. So after having a massively indulgent Xmas day and Boxing Day, I caught a tummy bug and spent 3 days on the loo - so was not the best Xmas I've ever had but as a bonus I lost another 2 lbs so that's 9lb since I started mfp 5 weeks ago - 2lb to go to my target of 9 stone grin

plaingirly Sun 30-Dec-12 13:01:25

I gained 0.6 back so lost almost 11 pounds. Long way to go though!! x

QuinnFabray Sun 30-Dec-12 12:37:53

Who's going to start a new thread and link it then? I would if I could come up with a title. "Want to lose half a stone . . .continued. . ." ?

I'm right back where I started. Never did lose that half a stone. Managed three pounds, which I piled back on over Christmas.

Movingforward123 Sun 30-Dec-12 11:38:44

I weighed myself today and I'm back to 10.3 sadsadsad it's the Chinese! I'm hoping if I eat less today then done of that will be water retention and go by the morning! As last time I weighed I was 10.1!

Movingforward123 Sat 29-Dec-12 23:38:16

But yes I will be stoking on this thread for at least 1 more months so I we make another please leave the link here grin

Movingforward123 Sat 29-Dec-12 23:37:25

Well my logging has been non existent, we had family down and today had nandos, lots of sweets then the evil Chinese!

Monday strictly 1200 cals!

What exercise do you all think will enhance weightlossthe most? I can't run but once tried couch to 5k and quit after week 4! confused mayb I should give that another go, as it didn't seem as bad as other exercises for my back.

I have no car at the moment so from when dd is back at school, I will be walking at least 40mins per day which I never do! So I'm sure that must help?

MariahScarey Sat 29-Dec-12 12:41:28

IMO February the best time to diet. January still too hard. February is dull. Nothing to eat that's nice. Dull clothes in shops

plaingirly Sat 29-Dec-12 12:15:50

We could be fit for February or extraordinary by Easter or slim by Summer!

Karbea Sat 29-Dec-12 11:42:27

I'd love to get involved if you're doing something for new year and beyond!

Madmog Sat 29-Dec-12 11:40:31

I lost 5.5lbs, haven't dared jump on scales since Christmas but my jeans still seem loose. We decided to go swimming yesterday, the benefit of which was cancelled by getting fish&chips on the way home! I agree, one of us will have to start a new thread in the next day or so.

plaingirly Sat 29-Dec-12 11:28:59

Do you think we need a new thread? One without Christmas in the title!!

Unless everyone reached their goal?

MariahScarey Sat 29-Dec-12 08:44:51

Did you all lose? If so well done !

plaingirly Sat 29-Dec-12 07:34:43

I weigh in this evening and I am pretty sure I have gained maybe 2 or 3 pounds. Not going to obsess though! Well I am going to try not to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now