Want to try to lose half a stone by Xmas - are you in??

(395 Posts)
Joycey29 Tue 27-Nov-12 07:08:25

So I m up for a little Xmas weight loss! Basically, I know at Xmas I put on weight so want to be well below my 'buffer zone' to enable me to join the festivities. Also want to look good in my Christmas party wear!
Useless on my own, need support to keep me on track!
Anyone in.............

musttidyupBeforeSantaComes Wed 28-Nov-12 14:25:33

I have a generous amount of syrup. I figure the goodness in the porridge makes up for it so allow 50-60 cals worth. Very sweet and delicious!

AsparagusFern Wed 28-Nov-12 14:30:31

Wem Yes, good idea to buy berries frozen. I've been buying fresh ones of late as an incentive to eat more, but they're just too expensive really.... Back to frozen methinks!

Madmog Very true. Am feeling v inspired and encouraged to keep going by this thread.... Glad I've found it! smile

fedupofnamechanging Wed 28-Nov-12 15:00:36

300 grams of frozen berries has just under 100 calories, I think. Might be nice with some artificial sweetener or a little sugar sprinkled over, instead of biscuits when I get the munchies in the evening.

Joycey29 Wed 28-Nov-12 16:44:45

Karma you are the fountain of knowledge!

fedupofnamechanging Wed 28-Nov-12 16:54:45

feel like nI have been on a diet for a very looooong time. Had plenty of time to contemplate number of calories in all the things I like grin

QuinnFabray Wed 28-Nov-12 17:15:34

Every now and again, usually the week after pay day, if I'm feeling un-motivated, I'll buy a few low calorie ready meals from M&S. Some of them are only 320-350 calories. Breakfast is a banana, or two oakcakes with a thin scraping of almond butter ( and marmite, but that's probably weird! ). Lunch is soup, and a couple more oat cakes (39 calories each ) or a two egg omelette, with courgette and a light mini baby bel (50 calories, no need to measure out quantity ). M&S do a tinned chicken noodle soup which is quite filling, for only 140 calories.

Snacks are apples, celery (6 calories per stick ) scraped with almond butter ( 62 calories per 10g ), or half a cantaloup melon (about 90 calories ) with 2 slices of parma ham ( 31 calories each ).

Don't forget to count calories of milk in tea/coffee. I usually just allow 100 calories a day for that.

Well ive just had salmon in herbs and lemon juice, green beans and brown rice for my dinner.

I had to put a blob of chily sauce on the rice but only a little blob lol.

I've also bought some sports bottles of water, because I am better at drinking it if i carry one of those round with me, and then just swap them over when done. If i have to go do myself a glass of it, i just won't, and if i did i wouldn't drink it.

According to MFP, I still have 350 calories left for today. Is that a lot, or about right or not ??

plaingirly Wed 28-Nov-12 18:48:37

I have 394 left. This is my first day though!

Looking at the calories and fat has really made me think about what I eat. Under on cals, carbs (waaaaaay under) and protein but over on fat.

Not sure how the community side works on there or how to see other people's diaries.

I'm under on all except protein, which i'm over by 12.

Joycey29 Wed 28-Nov-12 18:54:04

I wish!!!! I only have 82 left and it s not even 7 o'clock

Still at work so fingers crossed I can stop picking but it s tuck night in the boarding house!! Help!

AsparagusFern Wed 28-Nov-12 19:31:29

Nutcracker and Plaingirly What are your daily allowances/targets?

Mine is 1200, so I'm lucky if I have 5 cals left at the end of the day!

(Joycey I empathise!)

musttidyupBeforeSantaComes Wed 28-Nov-12 20:08:08

Over by about 300 :-( that will be the chocolate crunch again. Can't understand how I had fantastic willpowerfo

musttidyupBeforeSantaComes Wed 28-Nov-12 20:09:23

Oops. Willpower for over a year and now am pick pick pick. At work tomorrow and find it easier to be good.

Joycey29 Wed 28-Nov-12 20:18:00

Proud of self - whilst children all ate chocolate - I drank peppermint tea!

fedupofnamechanging Wed 28-Nov-12 20:49:15

I have about 400 left, but yesterday was over by 350. Plan to use some of them up on a G&T and some fruit, though.

I have found that some days I am really hungry and on other days, not so much. It's easier on days when I am very busy.

sweetheart Wed 28-Nov-12 20:58:30

For those asking about the mfp cals in your settings it will tell you how many cals you use per day based on you activity levels and stuff. Mine is 1700 so mfp has put my daily cals at 1200 which is a 500 cal deficit each day. You need a 3500 cal deficit to loose 1ib. So if you are on 1200 and you go under your daily cals you should loose more in theory.

sweetheart Wed 28-Nov-12 21:01:05

hmm I'm thinking a ready meal week might be in order to smash off a few ibs. I used to do this years ago when I was on ww so might have to revisit it.

My goal calories is 1200

QuinnFabray Wed 28-Nov-12 21:28:04

Stayed within 1200 for five days, 1380 today. I just felt really hungry this evening, to the point of being very ratty. I obviously needed a few extra calories today. Not going to beat myself up about it, it's still under what I need to maintain.

fedupofnamechanging Wed 28-Nov-12 21:33:55

Sweetheart, Waitrose do a nice low cal ready meal range, called Love Food, I think. The fish pie, shepherds pie and lasagne are my favourites and have between 269 - 330 calories. I like them much more than the WW ready meals, which always left me feeling hungry and slightly pissed off that I'd used up valuable calories on something which didn't even taste that nice.

AsparagusFern Wed 28-Nov-12 22:19:52

slightly pissed off that I'd used up valuable calories on something which didn't even taste that nice

hehe I SO know that feeling! smile

plaingirly Wed 28-Nov-12 22:27:14

Mine says I need 1410 a day but that seems high to me!

I thought I should be aiming for nearer 1000.

Supposed to eat 194g of carbs, 47g of fat and 53g of protein too. Not sure I want to eat that many carbs as I feel so much better in my second week of lowish carbs.

twooter Wed 28-Nov-12 23:17:48

Thanks ladies, I was on target today for first time in ages. See you again tomorrow!

Madmog Thu 29-Nov-12 08:39:49

So how's it been going for everyone?

I've been peckish in the evenings, but have been really good and just had a kiwi fruit the first night. I'm just cutting back on unhealthy snacks and trying to eat lower calorie meals rather than calorie counting. I added up how many calories I'd eaten yesterday and it was quite a few (but obviously less than normal!). I'll review things at each weigh in, if I have a bad week then I'll have to calorie count.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now