Want to try to lose half a stone by Xmas - are you in??

(395 Posts)
Joycey29 Tue 27-Nov-12 07:08:25

So I m up for a little Xmas weight loss! Basically, I know at Xmas I put on weight so want to be well below my 'buffer zone' to enable me to join the festivities. Also want to look good in my Christmas party wear!
Useless on my own, need support to keep me on track!
Anyone in.............

plaingirly Wed 19-Dec-12 19:33:10

Soooooo full!! Just need to lie down for a while! Almost a day of calories in one meal ..... not the best idea ever.

AsparagusFern Thu 20-Dec-12 09:42:14

To echo karma ... Fuckety fuck!

Xmas lunch followed by Xmas party last night. Conservative estimate?

Almost 4,000 calories? I must've eaten my own body weight in stilton, camembert, sausage rolls and pizza slices - and that's just the savouries!

The problem with dieting is that when you do think, oh, I'm going to let my hair down stuff my face just tonight, it's so easy to go slightly mad at the buffet table. Or at least it is for me.

Oh, moderation, where art thou? Wails

Joycey29 Thu 20-Dec-12 11:14:03

After a boozy , yummy food weekend have been better the last two days!
Christmas Shopping and a run in the rain mean I ve lost another 1.5lb.
Real incentive now to not go mad before Monday!
Total loss 5.5lb gringringringrin

AsparagusFern Thu 20-Dec-12 11:16:18

Well done Joycey. Especially the run in the rain!

I'm hauling myself back on the wagon.

plaingirly Sun 23-Dec-12 19:26:56

11 pounds gone!!

Are we all still motivated?

AsparagusFern Sun 23-Dec-12 19:48:08

Hi plain

Still motivated, but weighed myself on the Boots scales today which wasn't a happy event!

They seemed to think I'm a whole seven pounds more than my scales at home do! Surely I couldn't have put on seven pounds from my two day splurge? And my jeans and tshirt can't weigh seven pounds can they?

A bit discouraging!

AsparagusFern Sun 23-Dec-12 19:49:50

PS. Big congrats on the 11 pounds tho plain! That's fab!

Is it too late to join in? I certainly could do with dropping a bit by tomorrow.grin

ceeveebee Sun 23-Dec-12 20:07:26

Annie can I recommend catching norovirus if you want to lose 7lb in 2 days!

Final weigh in for me today. Have gone down to 9st 4 which is 7lb exactly in 4 weeks - yey! Just 4lb to go which I expect will take a good few weeks/months with xmas and my birthday coming up

Erk, no thanks! <runs away>

plaingirly Sun 23-Dec-12 21:01:05

Asparagus - just stick to one set of scales! Brave though to go on the Boots scales - I have nervously circled the shop eyeing the scales but have never been on them! :P

Joycey29 Mon 24-Dec-12 06:56:54

Asparagus I used to work on shoes - 1lb and jeans are about 2lb. If that helps......

Weigh in in ten minutes when the kids wake...... Nervous due to a few lbs creeping on over the weekend!

Cheese straws are my downfall!

Atleast, I should be less than four weeks ago....... Watch this space!sad

Movingforward123 Wed 26-Dec-12 11:25:46

Hey everyone, I hope you all enjoyed Xmas! Well I had lost my whole 7lbs within a couple of weeks then stalls and stayed still. I'm going to try to get back into 1200 cals per day from tomorrow but if not will do it regionally after dd is back at school smile

Still have a stone to go! Not sure if I have put on weight from the last week of eating but will give myself a few days before I weigh again! grin

fedupofnamechanging Wed 26-Dec-12 16:51:14

I am too scared to get on the scales. Have had a lovely Christmas, and the house is still full of cake, but am thinking that I really must start back on the diet.

Hope you all had a good Christmas

Eliza22 Wed 26-Dec-12 18:33:30

Oh dear. That is all.

plaingirly Thu 27-Dec-12 09:38:32

Back on track!!

Movingforward123 Thu 27-Dec-12 12:21:46

I stared this thread at 10.6 stone, went down to 9.13.2 an one or two days was 9.12 just weighed myself and I'm now 10.1 so not too bad considering how much I've eaten including all the chocolate!

Well I'm going to start logging again today smile

Eliza22 Thu 27-Dec-12 13:44:40

Good luck with the logging! grin

I WAS going to fell a few trees but have done my 30 mins "jogging" instead!

plaingirly Thu 27-Dec-12 14:38:16

I won't know how much damage Christmas has done until I weigh in on Saturday! Nervous!!

Joycey29 Thu 27-Dec-12 14:43:08

Lost 6.5lb before Christmas - not getting on scales til Monday - really don t want to know!
Still an alcohol free January may help!

plaingirly Sat 29-Dec-12 07:34:43

I weigh in this evening and I am pretty sure I have gained maybe 2 or 3 pounds. Not going to obsess though! Well I am going to try not to!

MariahScarey Sat 29-Dec-12 08:44:51

Did you all lose? If so well done !

plaingirly Sat 29-Dec-12 11:28:59

Do you think we need a new thread? One without Christmas in the title!!

Unless everyone reached their goal?

Madmog Sat 29-Dec-12 11:40:31

I lost 5.5lbs, haven't dared jump on scales since Christmas but my jeans still seem loose. We decided to go swimming yesterday, the benefit of which was cancelled by getting fish&chips on the way home! I agree, one of us will have to start a new thread in the next day or so.

Karbea Sat 29-Dec-12 11:42:27

I'd love to get involved if you're doing something for new year and beyond!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now