do you have a room you call a "playroom" a spice rack OR a feature wall?

(283 Posts)
MaureenCognito Sat 13-Oct-12 18:10:11

if so: you lose

ShanghaiGangsta Mon 15-Oct-12 01:19:57

I have a maids room, a maids bathroom, a TV room a playroom and a spice cupboard.
I think I win wink

ujjayi Mon 15-Oct-12 07:19:15

To be fair Shanghai I think Fellatio wins the thread (am childishly sniggering at that sentence).

I agree with NormantheForeman because we still haven't resolved the PLAYROOM issue. There is no other appropriate name as far as I can see.

Should we call it the "children's sitting room"?
The toy store room?
"The room in which all the toys are kept and the children play but most definitely isn't a playroom because that would be poncey" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue but may appeal to some?

UterusUterusGhali Mon 15-Oct-12 15:01:33

I have none of those things, but if I had a house big enough for a playroom Id be sure to call it a Lego room, as playroom is apparently naff. confused

A Steiner room; that's a whole wnacky room, let alone a basket! Impressive.

I saw an article in a homes magazine recently about how to decorate your boot room! I mean, really! Boot rooms aren't decorated ffs! They are cold & muddy. Vair new money.

I have four feature walls and a little porcelain trough of gloriamix and my own sink. Close enough?

LOL spice cupboard
Made me giggle
I have French and Camus next so I need it

ChippyMinton Tue 30-Oct-12 08:06:18

Depending on my mood I have a
conservatory
utility
office

or
glasshouse
bootroom
study

or(mostly)
sh*thole
gloryhole
dumping ground

<longs for open plan minimalist house with huge invisible cupboards>

higgle Tue 30-Oct-12 10:11:46

I have a playroom, an orangery and a "dog hole" .

catonlap Tue 30-Oct-12 11:04:18

Have a room full of toys which gets referred to as 'the playing room'.

I now have a feature wall by my bed thanks to dd and her bright orange crayon. Apparently it's the moon hmm

No spice rack, just a load of spice jars stuffed with other items in a messy cupboard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now