Small boobs...

(777 Posts)
1950sHousewife Fri 11-May-12 18:20:43

AIBU to think that I could find a bra that is uplifting, but not wodged full of foam, which will be flattering on those of us who are not overendowed on the boobicular area?
At the moment it either looks like I'm completely flat chested, or have two bean bags shoved down there.

I am struggling to find a bra that's pretty and supportive. Any recommendations?

Naoko Netherlands Wed 21-Nov-12 20:14:32

That's a starting point of 28C or D, I'd say smile

Thank you smile

Where is the best place to buy lovely new bras from?

Naoko Netherlands Wed 21-Nov-12 20:29:15

I believe there was some discussion upthread about how tricky a size 28C is for availability. If you're a D rather than a C you have far more options, so it might be good to try and figure out which you are first smile Try the usual suspects as already suggested, Debenhams and John Lewis on the HS, Bravissimo also but I think they start at D. You might have more options online.

Yup, 28c or d. 28cs are a sod of a size but there has been success with ones linked to upthread from (whispers) M&S - they were limited collection and quite pretty. 28D is a damn site easier - Freya, Panache, Curvy Kate and others (the decent d+ ranges really) all start there. To get an idea of what is available, look at figleaves, bravissimo, brastop, john lewis, debenhams

Without squashing what there is of my boobs they measure 32in. So that would be a D then?!

yup, welcome to the d+ club!

You really wouldn't think it looking at me lol! Quite chuffed grin, confused & hmm all at the same time lol

Ah - found a 28d - linky

Thank you smile

Ohcrapwhathaveidone Thu 22-Nov-12 07:52:25

Firstly muchas gracias for the ego boost sorrel I have gone from not really having a clue what size I am and wearing anything from a 32C to a 34B and I am now the proud owner of a pair of 28D's or possibly even DD's!!

Of course I have wasted no time and ordered myself some lovely bras from the website you recommendedgrin

Just a quick question to you oh wise one.. When doing up the bra should it be on the tightest setting on the hooks? Apologies if you've already answered this I may have missed it in my excitement at becoming part of the D+ clubsmilegrin

RollerCola Thu 22-Nov-12 08:19:17

No when buying a new bra it should be tight on its loosest fitting. This then gives room for you to tighten it as the fabric naturally loosens (sp? looks wrong) over time.

RollerCola is right - (unless you are pregnant) then new bras should always be done up on the loosest setting so that as they stretch with wash/wear you can tighten them up.

(Although if you are a 28 you can't really go for a smaller size anyway!)

TiredMule Thu 22-Nov-12 09:56:03

I really need help please blush!

Ok-my Bra stop order arrived yesterday. I am even more confused now! I've posted a couple of times before! I'd bought a debenhams 32D which fits, and a Freya unwired deco in 30E which fits but I think an underwired one would be best. (to re cap my measurements are 30.6ish and 35)

I ordered Tempt me by Curvy kate- 30DD too small (4 boobs-or 6 if you count my armpit/back ones!) in one colour and maybe okish in another-but not great also 32D which feels better, but band is definitly too big and one boob is over spilling.

Gossard ooh la la 30DD- fits except in the 'pointy nipple' bit which is empty on me

Freya wired decco-i'm wearing the 30DD right now and the wires are digging in in the central bit and the cups are sagging-they are much better when I stand up straight (they look like they fit) but if i slouch at all they gape (more on one than the other. So this doesn't fit either?! I ordered in 30E as well as that is the same size as the non wired that fit-which is obviously too big. The wire in the centre on these almost feels too wide for me.

So do I need to try a different size or am I trying completely the wrong style?
I really am comfused!!

Just had a fiddle as I tried on the 30E decco-when I tightened the straps it fit better-still a little gape-but when I moved the straps apart wider it fits perfectly....but they are virtually at the edge of my shoulders....i'm quite narrow of shoulder for the rest of my body. Bugger-it really does fit well when I do that but I obviously can't wear it like that!

What do I try now?! confused

TiredMule Thu 22-Nov-12 10:04:10

blush at comfused!!!

SorrelForbes Thu 22-Nov-12 10:31:12

OK, in the Tempt me it sounds like you need to keep the band size at 30 but go up in the cup. Probably an E or even an F.

The Gossard sounds like the shape might not be right for you.

My wired Deco also gapes at the top of the cups. This happens if your boobs are fuller on the bottom than on the top. You could try a 30D but it just might not be a good style for you.

SC has narrow shoulders so can probably advise you better on the straps issue.

Ok, I have a tempt me and it is very small in the cup, so that one sounds like you need to stay with the 30 but try an e and an f. My tempt me is 2 cup sizes bigger than my deco and really could do with being 3.

Ime the deco runs big. But gaping is a very common problem with one piece moulded cups as they don't adapt to your shape. Sadly combined with the strap issues I think it may not be the best bra for you. I have one for when a smooth bra is a must but I do get some gaping at the top of the cups.

Ohcrapwhathaveidone Thu 22-Nov-12 15:35:00

Thanks ladiessmile

JKSLtd Sat 24-Nov-12 10:52:45

My Amazon bra order has arrived smile

You've heard of live birth threads, well how about a live 'trying on new bras' thread?

brb

JKSLtd Sat 24-Nov-12 10:55:40

Right bra 1:

Panache superbra, plunge, 28D: again i can wear the 28 bit, but these cups are either too small or a weird shape hmm

I am online shopping at Figleaves & Bravissimo for a decently fitted bra now i've measured and you lovely ladies have told me what size I am. Also making a note of the nice bras & undies set DH can buy me for xmas grin

JKSLtd Sat 24-Nov-12 10:59:43

No 2: same bra, 28DD, a better fit but has me wondering if a 28E shock might fit even better?
can't decide if i should keep this one, might do if the third one is no good.

JKSLtd Sat 24-Nov-12 11:04:20

no 3: Panache Moulded t-shirt bra, 28DD:

this is more the stle of bra i'm comfortable with/used to.

and i like it.

but again i wonder if an E would be even better? it sort of almost gives me a double boob (only if you're really looking) at the top. will wear for a while and see if it digs in too much around the top.

So; will return the 28D, keep the other 2 for now. Finally some bras i think i can wear! ANd will look up the 28E if such a thing exists?

Ordered from Figleaves yesterday, bad news 28Ds, but different brand, Freya I think. Oh and the twenty code didn't work online but i rang up and a lovely lady did my order over the phone smile

JKSLtd Sat 24-Nov-12 11:35:36

No, the 28DDs are definitely too tight, double boob at the top. And I have really no boob at the top, it's all droopy and at the bottom.

DH thinks the 28 looks too tight as well, maybe I should go back up to 30?

I think I need a trip to an actual shop, looked up Bravissimo, the closest is Oxford St in London, hey ho. A trip to the big city may be needed!

If the 28 does up and you can breathe stay with the 28. Once you have more cup space that will probably be fine. 28e is an ok size, same places as before. You're getting there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now