This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Cartoonito want to know your favourite (and least favourite) things about parenting. Add your thoughts and you could win one of two £100 Mothercare vouchers.

(134 Posts)
carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 12-Oct-09 10:26:26

With the kind help of ten mums and their children (including, we think, at least a couple of mumsnetters) pre-school TV channel, Cartoonito, recorded a new rendition of 'My Favourite Things' from The Sound of Music with Myleene Klass at the piano. To see the finished product click here

Cartoonito now want Mumsnetters to tell them about your favourite and least favourite things about parenthood. Everyone who contributes will be entered into a prize draw to win one of two £100 Mothercare vouchers. Click here to hear what other mums and dads have said already.

Thanks

boolifooli Mon 12-Oct-09 10:34:17

Worst thing - not having enough hours in the day to just sit and read

Best thing - being able to play like a child again, like building a den or making a magic potion with leaves and petals in the garden

waitingforbedtime Mon 12-Oct-09 10:43:47

Worst thing: tiredness!

Best thing: Seeing this little child, who was once just a dream, become a lovely person. Seeing them smile and laugh and play and nto worry about how they look, what's cool etc.

MamaG Mon 12-Oct-09 10:48:12

Favourite - snuggling up in bed on a cold morning, tickling and giggling.

Least favourite - the drudgery of the extra housework

stealthsquiggle Mon 12-Oct-09 10:49:06

Worst thing: Permanently feeling/being late for everything because there are not enough hours in the day.

Best thing: The smile on either of my children's faces when they look up and see that I have come in to the room.

Lizzylou Mon 12-Oct-09 10:50:39

Favourite thing: Releasing my inner child and playing, I never had lego growing up, now we have loads but I am still not very good.

Worst Thing: Loss of independence and lack of sleep

Worst thing: never having any time for myself.

Best thing: skin to skin cuddles with my children.

Cicatrice Mon 12-Oct-09 10:54:34

Favourite thing: Full body check kisses from my little boy

Worst thing: The perpetual, necessary planning and packing. And then something crops up and it all goes to pot anyway.

GreatGooglyMoogly Mon 12-Oct-09 10:55:51

Favourite Thing: being the most important person in the world to my children

Least Favourite Thing: the isolation

nicolaamelia Mon 12-Oct-09 10:59:29

worst thing; the feeling i get when one of them are poorly.

best thing; is spending every second of the day wiv my girls cuddling, playing and watching them grow up into little princesses.

Best thing: Smiles and cuddles.

Worst thing: Poo. And lack of sleep.

JulesJules Mon 12-Oct-09 11:03:26

Favourite thing - the kisses and cuddles, snuggling up on the sofa to read a story, watching them when they are asleep.

Least favourite - constant housework. And the expense of everything.

Least favourite: No time for me anymore - my time is not my own!

Favourite thing: When DS stays still long enough for a proper cuddle (which includes the bonus that I get 2 minutes peace just enjoying him and collecting my thoughts)

Worst - being exposed to cartoonito, no?

etchasketch Mon 12-Oct-09 11:26:06

Best thing: When they say they love you and cuddle you

Worst thing: knowing I will worry about so many things for them forevr!

kormaAAAARRRRGGHHchameleon Mon 12-Oct-09 11:38:59

best thing - little cuddles on cold mornings, school assemblies when they cant see you but you can see them looking for you - their faces when they find you are priceless. watching a baby grow into a person, with their own personality and sense of humour

worst thing - the never ending guilt. that you maybe didnt handle something right, or you didnt spend enough time with them today or you cant make their school play - guilt

best thing - cuddling up with both of them when they're sleepy/asleep and sniffing their hair

worst thing - feeling torn in two when they both need something now!

another 'worst': those days when "go to the toilet" is just an item on your to do list!

fillybuster Mon 12-Oct-09 11:49:32

Best thing: cuddles and kisses (mostly) on demand

Worst thing: never being able to properly 'switch off'

Katz Mon 12-Oct-09 11:56:26

best thing - watching them develop into people with their own personalities, likes dislikes and opinions.
worst - not being able to go to the toilet alone!

pippel Mon 12-Oct-09 11:57:27

worse thing, working single mother guilt, not doing the right thing if I do, not doing the right thing if I dont.

best thing, watching dd1 making dd2 laugh

suwoo Mon 12-Oct-09 12:02:03

Best thing: Watching them play nicely together.
Worst thing: Sleepless nights with toddler.

midnightexpress Mon 12-Oct-09 12:11:26

Best things: seeing their wild imaginations at work and watching their horizons expanding as they grow. Also seeing them rugby tackle the other children out of the way at nursery when I walk in to pick them up wink

Worst things: the worrrry, the lack of a decent lie-in with tea and the papers, and the endlessly repeated monotony that is 'dinner'.

ILikeToQuickstepItTangoIt Mon 12-Oct-09 12:12:27

Best thing: when they are still young enough to have NO inhibitions.

Worst thing: the feeling of constant responsibility, even when they're not with you.

Tortington Mon 12-Oct-09 12:16:34

best thing: when they get a sense of humour. My kids can make me literally cry laughing

Worst thing: The expense!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now