This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Share your Cadbury Dairy Milk Egg 'n' Spoon moment for your chance to win a £200 JL voucher NOW CLOSED

(94 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Jan-14 09:22:08

Cadbury Dairy Milk’s Egg ‘n’ Spoon is back for another Easter!

For those of you who don’t know what Cadbury Dairy Milk Egg ‘n’ Spoon is – every box contains four chocolate eggs, each brimming with a light and fluffy mousse, packaged with little purple spoons and all wrapped up inside a real purple egg carton. Cadbury say "As chocolate treats go, we think they’re a little more exciting than your everyday variety and just a peel, bite and spoon away from a shared treat moment grin".

So to help celebrate the return of Cadbury Dairy Milk Egg ‘n’ Spoon, Cadbury have asked us to find out about those spontaneous joyful little moments you share with your DCs. Whether it’s a flour-covered giggling fit after an hour’s baking session gone-messy, when your DC says something at completely the wrong time (cue much blush all round), or the time when an innocent car washing session turned into a mad water fight… Big or small, if it’s a shared moment filled with joy, Cadbury want to hear about it. You could even have a photo lurking on your phone you're willing to share which perfectly sums up these kind of moments smile

For a chance to win a £200 John Lewis voucher please share your stories and/or photos on this thread of joyful spontaneous moments you and your child have shared. Everyone who posts on this thread will be entered into the prize draw.

Thanks,
MNHQ

Click here for the Terms and Conditions

manfalou Sat 25-Jan-14 19:42:33

We were having in lunch in a department store cafe and DH was feeding the 9 month old some puree. I was facing DH and our eldest was facing the youngest. When we're out, DS2 isn't the easiet of babies to feed because he's so nosey, so when he opened is mouth DH went for it and aimed the spoon (heaped with orange puree) to his mouth. HOWEVER, ds2 wasn't opening his mouth for food, he was about to sneeze..and sneeze he did. He covered the table with baby food and covered DS1 in the stuff too! He got it all over his face and hair... he looked like an oomph loompa! We all burst out laughing, the timing couldn't have been any more brilliant.

To top it off, as we left the 70-80 year old couple thanked us for entertaining them whilst they were eating their lunch... it made a few people smile that day =)

clippityclop Sat 25-Jan-14 20:00:08

Cooking on a wt day with the help of dds3 and 18months, radio on and them joining in with the 1812 overture on wok lid and wooden spoon and the rice tub shaker. Much hilarity, mess and chaos - the best.

ibbydibby Sat 25-Jan-14 20:19:56

When DC1 was around 18 months we were staying with friends who had been invited to the birthday party of a 6 year old - so we went along as well. DS1 couldn't really join in much, and when we left the hosts gave him 2 chocolate coins. He was happy holding them so we let him (was a log time since either of us had had a chocolate coin). Got into car, set off to friends' house. Doing 70mph down motorway, DH driving - I turned round and loooked at DS1 who had discovered the hidden secret of the choc coins, and was covered in melted choc. He looked so happy!

Maiyakat Sat 25-Jan-14 20:25:48

The look of delight on my poorly DD's face when, after her favourite Giraffe teddy was caught up in a spectacular puking incident, Mummy was able to magically wash and dry him in a couple of minutes (just need to make sure she never finds the spare!)

jollytummywobbles Sun 26-Jan-14 04:06:53

My eldest dc telling us that their best thing about Christmas was our newborn baby smile

changedirection Sun 26-Jan-14 06:41:00

DS has such an infectious giggle! Especially if in pretending to eat him all up!

We have "crazy Wednesdays" in the school holidays, open house for the local children.
We do mad science and investigate problems.
My favourite one was the time we looked for the best way to drop a raw egg from the upstairs window to land intact on the ground.
10 children aged from 2 to 13 years old found 15 different ways to solve the problem, with points for speed, style and ingenuity.
The funniest drop was via a guttering slide. The egg bounced out halfway along and smashed all down my arm!
We had an omelette with the remaining eggs at the end of the day, it was cheap (£1.50 for 16 eggs), fun, and we learned a lot.

janajos Sun 26-Jan-14 08:28:30

One of my most recent moments of joy (and laughter) was when my 4 year old, who is going through a phase of getting into our bed in the middle of the night and then being taken back to his own by 'Papa", said to me, 'Mummy, when I'm big and share a bed with you, when Papa comes into our bed in the night, I'm going to take him back to his own bed and settle him.'

I couldn't get the picture out of my head of my very disgruntled DP, being led back to his single bed by a very firm, but kind DS3!!

Geneticsbunny Sun 26-Jan-14 10:02:07

My oh bought some chocolate for my two dcs on the way home from work. When he arrived home and exclaimed ' daddy has bought a lovely treat for you' my dd said 'what daddy?' Chocolate' ' oh you are goooood dad' accompanied by massive manga eyes and smile.

AtYourCervix Sun 26-Jan-14 10:11:02

My Dairy Milk Egg n Spoon moment was my sheer devastation when I discovered that last years Mumsnet competition/tadte test was only open to under 10s.

As if only under 19s can enjoy chocolate.

Why??????

Why give us a chocolately competition with one hand, make us dribble with anticipation, then, whip it away and give it to children? Why????

<<Yes, still holding a huge grudge>>

AtYourCervix Sun 26-Jan-14 10:12:10

Oh. That wasn't joyous was it?

Sorry.

I was in the bath last night with both kids (DD 7 and DS 4) and they were squabbling (as usual) until I started to blow bubbles (using soap and water and making my thumb and forefinger into an O). They were suddenly fascinated and we spent about 20 minutes blowing massive bubbles, getting them to settle on the water in a dome, making them join each other etc. It's like they thought I was magic! One of those lovely moments.

Until it was time to get out and they started fighting over who had the biggest towel

asuwere Sun 26-Jan-14 11:21:44

I had just cleaned and polished our laminate flooring in livingroom so DH lay DD2 down and pushed her across the floor - she found it hilarious, got up, came back and asked for it again... Then DS1, DS2 and DD1 all appeared, lay down and wanted the same. We were all giggling and it was lots of fun - we even managed to stop before someone went too far and bumped their head! smile

oadcb Sun 26-Jan-14 12:01:04

Dancing competitions and gymnastics in our house!

HamletsSister Sun 26-Jan-14 13:07:45

Oddly enough, my egg and spoon moment involved egg and spoons. We were turned down / rejected / ignored (not at all bitter) for the trial last year on Mumsnet, probably because there target market is not overweight 45 year olds with big hairy teenaged children. However, we persevered. We looked everywhere to find some. Nada. Zip. Nicht.

We found some last week in an odd place (next to the real hens' eggs) in our local, and very tiny, supermarket.

Cue near toddler tantrums from my DD, rapidly joined by DS.

Yes, I gave in and bought them. We had one each and they split no4, using scales to check for fairness.

lookdeepintotheparka Sun 26-Jan-14 14:06:00

I love it during dinner times with the kids when they get into one of their silly moods, doing impressions and bouncing off each other to make us laugh!! My son does terrible impressions but the fact that they are terrible is what makes it funny!

It's what having kids is all about - the fun they bring into your life smile

Mignonette Sun 26-Jan-14 15:35:41

My son joining in with a marching band and majorettes aged two. Carrying a stick he found in the park, he twirled and marched with the most serious look on his little face. The band were in fits of laughter and told me to let him carry on when I tried to remove him because I didn't want to steal their thunder.

MissingPresumedAlive Sun 26-Jan-14 17:37:35

My kids love being naked, I was making an omelette last week so had by back turned for less than five minutes. I heard a little voice say 'I naked' and looked round to see my two year old in her birthday suit. When did she learn to do that?

superbagpuss Sun 26-Jan-14 18:04:16

earlier today when my DT (4) insisted their dear grannie (66) played ants with them which involved crawling on the floor and under the table

to her credit she gave it a go and we were all in stitches grin

webster147 Sun 26-Jan-14 18:41:28

Here is our Joyful moment, after getting caught in the rain we had great fun puddle jumping !

lilyloo Sun 26-Jan-14 19:50:52

Spending this afternoon having a tea party with dd2 and all her soft toys. She showed me how to drink water out of her tea cup and saucer holding out her little finger.
It is the small things.

KnitActually Sun 26-Jan-14 21:43:56

I love to turn my DS2 (2) upside down and tickle his tummy!!!!

RedKites Sun 26-Jan-14 22:08:13

DS1 and DS2 chasing each other around upstairs while we get their bath ready. DS1 used to revert to crawling to keep DS2 company, now DS2 is mainly walking it involves running around instead - and always lots of silliness and laughter.

michele1970 Sun 26-Jan-14 22:39:24

We live near the beach and had gone for a walk one day in the summer. It was lovely and sunny when we set off but rain clouds were looming and it wasn't long before the heavens opened and it poured down, leaving a beautiful rainbow over the sea. "lets run home" said sensible mummy! "No, let's try and catch the rainbow" my daughter said, so that is what we did. Me, my husband and 2 daughters ran in the rain, splashed in the sea and got soaked to the skin. We never did catch it but my daughters still talk about the day we tried to catch the rainbow.

FuzzyMcFuzz Sun 26-Jan-14 23:04:13

When my (1yo) son got the giggles at the noise an envelope made as I tore it up I found myself going one step further by creating a crazy snowstorm of scrap paper made from anything I could rip up- magazines, newspapers, old letters etc. He would fall about in hysterics as I tore the paper into tiny pieces in front of him then fling my arms up in the air to throw the paper and allow it to float down around us. The mess was something else but the pure joy and fun we had was worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now