Do you fancy representing Mumsnet at the G8 Summit in June?

(157 Posts)
RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-May-13 16:24:39

Hello,

We have an opportunity to send an MNer to the G8 Summit in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland. The G8 meeting forms part of the UK's current Presidency of the G8, and is an opportunity for leading heads of government to get together to discuss major international issues.

The trip would be part of a project associated with the IF Campaign, and they're looking particularly for someone with an interest in world hunger. You'd be asked to report back as events unfold via a thread on Active Conversations, and also possibly speak to the press while you're there.

You would need to be available between June 16 and June 18, and willing to travel and stay overnight (unless you're very local); travel and accommodation expenses will be covered.

So if you're interested in international issues, and particularly the objectives of the IF campaign, do please post here to indicate your interest. We need to have a name by lunchtime on Tuesday May 21, so time is of the essence!

Thanks,
MNHQ

MrsGeologist Mon 20-May-13 21:45:30

Or TSC, because she probably would swear and I think the G8 summit needs a bit of swearing.

Conina Mon 20-May-13 21:46:51

I would love to do this - I'm in NI, and would love to swot up on this cos I do have a brain rattling around in here somewhere!

Pick me!

reelingintheyears Mon 20-May-13 21:49:44

Does the lucky winner get a job at HQ? grin

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 20-May-13 21:50:38

I vote for TSC, that's very impressive organising that funding for the catering over the holidays.

mcmooncup Mon 20-May-13 21:57:41

That is great TSC you have got funding,
I have ONE soup kitchen to refer people to in a very large city. It is struggling for funds at the moment big time. It makes me so angry.

I had someone who had not eaten for EIGHT days the other week. Should. Not. Be. Happening.
If we can't feed our people with all our resources......there is a massive denial problem. People can't believe it is going on.....

I vote Tsc too.

Even though she's too young to be a proper grown up.

CherylTrole Mon 20-May-13 22:05:00

I vote for Xenia, Usualsuspect, Anyfucker and scottishmummy to all go, that should cover most aspects confused All armed with a think gin tank!

TheSecondComing Mon 20-May-13 22:05:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Conina Mon 20-May-13 22:07:43

Gah. I keep typing posts to impress you but I'd out myself. How can we tell you how great we all are? I am wide eyed and twitchy (at bedtime ffs)... You know those kids in class who put their hand up going pick me? I'm standing in my desk, practically tap dancing to get your attention over here...

But not ... uh... Table dancing as such though...

MrsGeologist Mon 20-May-13 22:08:56

Heyzeus TSC, that's a lot of stuff to do. Have I mentioned recently that you're aces?

Makes me feel all slackerish, sat at home, drinking wine and reading about superheroes

TheSecondComing Mon 20-May-13 22:10:24

reelingintheyears Mon 20-May-13 22:11:49

But imagine if you got an HQ job out of it TSC. grin

reelingintheyears Mon 20-May-13 22:13:33

You would be DudeMumsnet .

LeStewpot Mon 20-May-13 22:14:02

mcmooncup Mon 20-May-13 22:14:35

Bonus on army being involved. Men in uniform......<fan me down>

That's possibly the wrong stance on your fantastic story grin

AnyFucker Mon 20-May-13 22:16:32

I once gave a kid 10p in the park for a lolly because he was short

does that count ?

AnyFucker Mon 20-May-13 22:16:57

I don't think I have the gravitas for this smile

reelingintheyears Mon 20-May-13 22:19:10

Short of money or just little AF?

That was very kind of you either way,i give my car park tickets away if there's time left on them.

ssd Mon 20-May-13 22:20:11

send Xenia, I want to see what shes like grin

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 20-May-13 22:22:40

I am trying to think of something I can impress you all with and failing dismally.

I avoid driving through puddles even though the act of soaking strangers would amuse self. That's got to be worth something.

MiniTheMinx Mon 20-May-13 22:23:30

Xenia would probably suggest we feed them cake.

AnyFucker Mon 20-May-13 22:26:08

reeling he was both

that means I give of myself to those with less both financially and vertically

I'm the one for the job, obvs. But only if there is a Travelodge.

reelingintheyears Mon 20-May-13 22:26:31

Me to Getorf,i fear i am infantile and not altruistic enough and a drunk <<falls over>>

Oooh,*MrsSchadenfreude*,or maybe her name isn't really in the spirit of things.

reelingintheyears Mon 20-May-13 22:28:02

Gah,why didn't her name bold.

MrsSchadefreude

JoyMachine Mon 20-May-13 23:13:37

I would like to nominate:

MrsDeVere- because she is wise, calm, and understands adversity

HotheadPaisan (as she is now) - because she'd cover SN and feminism, and she's great at chatting to anyone

and Tee, I like tea tee.

I don't think we should send cod, as it's probably best not to tell them to "think fish" <cough>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now