Come and talk to MNHQ: live webchat about moderation and stuff with Justine and HelenMN, Thursday 4 October, 1pm-2pm

(525 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 03-Oct-12 18:27:03

Hello. We hope you all already feel you can talk to us at MNHQ anytime - either by starting a thread in Site Stuff or by mailing us or reporting a post.

But we also thought it might be useful/interesting to have a live discussion about how how about we do things re moderation etc...

So, we're hosting our very own MNHQ live webchat!

Please do join us at 1pm on Thursday to ask (more or less) anything you want. And, if you can't make then, do feel free to post a nice question here in advance.

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Fri 05-Oct-12 21:32:33

But you must admit it's a pretty close second grin

Can they both go in the acronyms list? Please?

OliviaPeaceAndLoveMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Oct-12 21:24:46

HeartsTrumpDiamonds

almost as good as

TSSDNCOP

Nothing as good as that one wink

JugglingWithPossibilities Fri 05-Oct-12 15:31:42

their heads obvs blush

- saw it just as I pressed post !

JugglingWithPossibilities Fri 05-Oct-12 15:30:39

I quite like the simple if you break the rules your post gets deleted - especially once someone reports it. I really haven't reported many, but it's been great to see some disappear at my command grin

As Tech have put there heads above the parapet can I ask why off-line so often, and generally it all seems to be on a go-slow these days ? Anyone else finding this ? Perhaps you're just getting too popular and the system is in danger of melt-down ? grin

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Fri 05-Oct-12 15:15:46

YMPYSLAAAHW

grin

I hope they're going to add it to the official list.

Great webchat, thank you. Echoing some of the others it would be great to have them on a semi-regular basis if possible!

And now I have a new favourite acronym to add to my growing list of favourite acronyms (how sad am I)

YPMYSLAA

almost as good as

TSSDNCOP

Although whoever's in charge of MN at 9pm needs some time on the naughty step...

I like the Techs. They keep this ship afloat! I'm just prone to an overactive imagination and saw this when a tech baby was mentioned.

MaryZed Fri 05-Oct-12 09:28:00

Stay away from Tech Beardy <narrows eyes>

MaryZed Fri 05-Oct-12 09:27:30

I dunno Rebecca. Behind the scenes (with gin and biscuits) sounds like a lovely safe place to be these days.

There's a TechBaby?!?

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Oct-12 09:26:37

MaryZed

<waves to Rebecca>

I haven't seen you around much. It's usually Helen and Olivia and Rowan telling us off these days smile. And Justine is appearing scarily often [wibble]

I'm always here MaryZed, busy pedalling behind the scenes. I'll try and come and say hi more often grin

MaryZed Fri 05-Oct-12 09:25:40

That's very brave Colette, sticking your head up above the parapet. People will be asking you to give Tech a kick up the backside explain the 9 o'clock slowdown if you aren't careful smile.

Tee2072 Fri 05-Oct-12 09:23:10

I agree maryz...Justine has suddenly been around a lot...

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Fri 05-Oct-12 09:22:41

<wave>

MaryZed Fri 05-Oct-12 09:19:01

<waves to Rebecca>

I haven't seen you around much. It's usually Helen and Olivia and Rowan telling us off these days smile. And Justine is appearing scarily often [wibble]

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Oct-12 09:10:33

ColetteTech is around and NikitaTech left a while ago to have her little boy.
We also have a Tech called Rachel <nods>

BigStickBIWI Fri 05-Oct-12 09:06:13

Mumsnetski?

OatyBeatie Fri 05-Oct-12 08:27:16

NikitaTech sounds awesomely cool. Can imagine her as a v powerful character in some complicated computer game set in the former Eastern bloc.

BigStickBIWI Fri 05-Oct-12 08:23:21

There was NikitaTech too

Tee2072 Fri 05-Oct-12 08:16:45

There absolutely was a ColletteTech. I complimented her on her name.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 05-Oct-12 07:41:59

Really, there was ColletteTech but I don't know where she has gone.

Reallyyouwould Fri 05-Oct-12 06:14:52

Are all the Techs men?
And if so, why?

Solo Thu 04-Oct-12 23:27:48

I did consider the ironic/teenspeak side, but well, just maybe Justine accidentally got it wrong for once grin

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 04-Oct-12 23:27:09

Perfectstorm that's a good way of thinking of it. In my head I'm usually saying, "play the ball and not the player." No idea why, I know nothing about football.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now