Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Residual Parenting Commitments, The Last Turkey In The Shop, Boiled Bunnies, Men With Fish and Stolen Condoms. Dating Thread XXXI.

(1000 Posts)
FlorentinePogen Tue 04-Dec-12 19:49:03

Get on with it, daters.............smile

Scotch pie with beans and a pint of heavy. grin

Dunno. Cleavage always seems to work. wink

Yogagirl17 Sun 16-Dec-12 09:29:40

I'm doomed then!! Going into town today...maybe I can buy some (cleavage that is, not a man).

ike1 Sun 16-Dec-12 10:19:50

Ha ha ladies The Welsh Wonder is a pretty elusive species too..

Ok open to the jury here. I'm meant to be meeting a man for coffee today. Yesterday pm he suggested 11.30 and said he may not be online later so he may not pick up my reply until this morning and 'no drama' hmm. My reply agreed venue but suggested 12noon. Now okc shows him as permanently online so I have no idea if he is or not. It will take me 45 minutes and £6 public transport to get there and back. He doesn't know which area I'm in so it could take even more time.

The'no drama' thing got my twatdar twitching, it seemed an odd thing to say.
So if he hasn't been online he thinks we're meeting at 11.30 - this is leaving it too late for me as far as he knows
If he hasn't bothered to look this morning, he is twatting about
If he has been online, he is also twatting about.
Even if he sends me a message now there is no way I should go along with this, at best he could only expect met agree to meet later.

He's another runner, isn't he?

ike1 Sun 16-Dec-12 10:54:13

Oh Juliette I think your twat radar is spot on ...can you be arsed ..really? No drama indeed...

ike1 Sun 16-Dec-12 10:56:43

And if he is THAT bothered, turns up and you are not there...you have a very reasonable reason why not.

BantaBaby Sun 16-Dec-12 11:04:31

juliette I'll pretty much always exchange mobile numbers, it at least give mine out, before meeting someone, so if plans have to change then I can do it on the fly. If I've given mine and don't get one back, and things go wrong with arrangements, I don't feel guilty.

The no drama comment is a bit odd though, don't know what to make of it without the context.

Scattylatte Sun 16-Dec-12 11:06:47

No drama? Means to me an odd thing. 'Don't give me drama (my definition) otherwise ill start saying you are a crazy, uptight bitch ' is how I read it!

Scatty Yep the 'no drama' thing made me think he waswas anticipating drama. It came out of the blue, no context.

Bant yes men do tend to offer a number, I always appreciate it.

Ike good point about him possibly turning up

I will now log on and see if there is an update. Still not going now whatever, at the very least this is flaky behaviour.

Nada. And here's me scrubbed up and still in my scruff yet to add finishing touches so I'm going to the local farmers market to see their goods.

ike1 Sun 16-Dec-12 11:39:26

To be honest Juliette what is on offer there is likely to be far tastier than the slim pickin's on line...mm choose something tasty for tea.

mercury7 Sun 16-Dec-12 11:51:57

I take 'no drama' to mean 'no problem' 'no worries' etc
not that he doesnt want any drama

Scattylatte Sun 16-Dec-12 11:52:36

Ugh. I feel tearful. When I was with my ex I noticed that although he wasn't active on dating website his profile never changed. We had a rocky relationship and when were on a 'off' time I would notice he would be active on dating site.
So, today I was perusing the dating site we were on and I found him. We split up in early October. He has written 'just to let you know I have finally met someone and good look to you all' and it says he was on line within the last month.
I know it's irrational but he never changed his profile content when I was with him. I just feel hurt.
Someone please wet fish me.

mercury7 Sun 16-Dec-12 11:54:05

..a reassuring 'everything is cool'smile
rather than a warning not to cause problems

[wetfish]

My pleasure. smile

It means nothing, really it isn't anything that you can change or that facts you so [wetfish]

ike1 Sun 16-Dec-12 12:01:33

Yeah merc I suppose you could read it as that! That is the problem with street slang and those of us that are not 'hip' to it lol Oh Scatty...he'll be back soon enough...it makes me laugh all those public declarations on the profiles..why do people do that???Cos they are knobs and buffoons - done to make others who are searching feel inadequate. The flouncing ones are the best tho...

Scattylatte Sun 16-Dec-12 12:13:49

ike yes you are so right. Why put 'I've met someone' on a dating site- just delete your bloody profile. That's all that is needed. These declarations are annoying.

Mercury That is the way it was meant to be taken on the surface. I think though, coming from a 54 year old who wasn't exactly 'hip' over arrangements to meet I found it odd.

I also found it odd he said unprompted he would be wearing a leather jacket and hat. It just didn't fit with the rest of his writing style. Maybe my radar is in overdrive but you may remember I have form for meeting up with men who want me to feel their jackets and they all mentioned what they would be wearing beforehand hmm.

Regardless, he did not get back to me last night or this morning which is inconsiderate so it seems something was off.

Snape I will pick up a fish at the market. I do think it's totally understandable even when you don't necessarily want to go there again. I felt the same recently when I saw Lovely Man had what looks like a gf on fb. Do I want him back? no it wouldn't work but I miss him every day.

Ike there is one gorgeous 'farmer' down there. I may have to go and check out his produce.

Poppysquad Sun 16-Dec-12 12:32:15

Just catching up on all the activity last night / this morning. So much happening !

Sugar Daddy phoned last night and we talked for about three hours on the phone. Getting to know each other a bit better - talked about each others history and expectations re relationships, did that really take three hours? Will see him Monday after work, as DS is at his dad's that night. Just cautious about becoming too attached too quickly - both me and him.

Reassure me - do you reckon the age difference is OK? 6.5 years

ike1 Sun 16-Dec-12 12:36:44

Poppy 6.5 years is nothing really if you have a shit load in common. Oh Juliette you made me laugh about the jacket feeling comment. My ex bf used to do all that -feel how soft this is...the quality bah de effing blah. He was a knobber too..

Scattylatte Sun 16-Dec-12 12:39:52

juliette that's how I feel. He was awful to me towards the end. Cancelling at the last minute, being vile, hot and cold. I wonder if he had met her then, who knows. It's the vision of him skipping around ( he is so attentive in the beginning) that's annoying me. What was the reason for the jacket feeling?
snape juliettes fish was for me. How are you today?
spoon lovely to hear from you.
I'm on the sofa. Fireman text to say he wants to see me again soon. It won't be till after Xmas. My dates recently have consisted of
1. Self employed trainer who said no chemistry
2. Engineer who is very genuine but I don't fancy him. He wants to go for a meal. He is pretty easy going.
3. Director, body builder. He turns up - very flashy. Self absorbed. I didn't follow it up. He wanted to know why i haven't been in touch.
4. Fireman.
So, I am doing ok yet I feel rather deflated.

BillMasen Sun 16-Dec-12 12:41:08

juliette I've heard "no drama" used a lot to mean "no problem" or "no worries". That's how I'd have taken it so I wouldnt read anything into that at all. As for the 11.30/12.00 thing and not being on line, if I were in your shoes I'd probably assume he hadn't read your reply due to being busy, and turn up at the time I could. If that's 12 and not 11.30 then fine.

I think you're possibly perceiving being messed about where that's not really the case. But then again, perhaps I'm too easy going and naive...

ike1 Sun 16-Dec-12 13:03:38

Bill you havent been on line dating long enuff to be cynical yet...The jacket and clothes feeling ...I eventually put it down to the ex's need to be admired and literally stroked ...with me in the subservient role of admirer...

Yes Scatty the fish is for you grin

Bill I wish. It's not the 'no drama' thing, that just seemed odd. I would still expect someone to get back to me if they expected me to get on trains to meet them. Anything else is just inconsiderate.

BantaBaby Sun 16-Dec-12 13:07:36

Ooh is it too late to get 'jacket strokers' in the next title?

This thread is not accepting new messages.