Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Residual Parenting Commitments, The Last Turkey In The Shop, Boiled Bunnies, Men With Fish and Stolen Condoms. Dating Thread XXXI.

(1000 Posts)
FlorentinePogen Tue 04-Dec-12 19:49:03

Get on with it, daters.............smile

ike1 Tue 04-Dec-12 21:22:30

Thanks Stookie might have to partake liberally in the run up aswell..

BillMasen Tue 04-Dec-12 21:37:44

It worked! Meeting for "a quick drink" this weekends. Details tbc.

First date in 11 years so genuinely a bit nervous.

mercury7 Tue 04-Dec-12 21:38:40

this thread has certainly hit the ground running!

Yoga I hear you on the primacy of the emotional connection...I guess I've just given up on ever finding that!

My supermarket date went well, he was nice and friendly, I think I want to shag him but I'm not 100% sure, currently e-mailing with him & trying to figure out how to play it.

( I ignore xmasgrin )

KirstyWirsty Tue 04-Dec-12 21:39:23

Right I've deleted my POF profile .. I have a date tomorrow night with the cop who lives two streets away and Mr Cheeky has been in touch all day.. I told him about being played by TheAuditor and he offered to go and kick his ass for me .. I am very tempted to give Mr Cheeky another go

Will sign up for okCupid in the new year if still got the notion

Secretservice Tue 04-Dec-12 21:42:51

Evening all! Sorry for the long absence, not that you noticed with all the Coffee being drunk! What a roller coaster it's been for many of you, hope you can all reach a quiet, contented place soon smile

It's been a great week for me! I too have partaken of Coffee, piping hot flasks of the stuff grin courtesy of Remote Racer, a PoF find! First new man in nearly quarter of a century and god what I've missed out on! Suffice to say things happened I had always assumed were the province of books and films grin

I don't think it'll be the romance of the century, but he's good company, even without Coffee and he says he's happy with a sort of FWB set up. Which is fine by me - two months ago I would've been sure that sort of deal was not for me!

Knowing that, am I being greedy to take up another meet offer from Indiana Jones from GSM for next week? <thanks again, Juliette grin>

Yogagirl17 Tue 04-Dec-12 21:43:31

Mercury- I guess despite the shit of the last year I'm still a hopeful romantic. It's not that I think it's wrong to just have a shag or a fling or a FWB, I've just realised that's not really for me as the F bit always ends up more important to me than the B bit and I think that sort of defeats the purpose.

Kirsty - sounds like a plan smile

mercury7 Tue 04-Dec-12 21:47:42

greedy Secret?
who's counting? fill your bootsgrin

Nomorepain Tue 04-Dec-12 21:50:20

Really thinking about doing pof but hate bigging myself up. Really hate it! I'm so low in confidence that I can't think anyone would like anything in me.

I'm dreading Christmas too but planning on keeping me and my babies very busy. I am trying to do something different this year so I won't be full of sadness about the way things were. Just got to make the best out of a bad situation. Way easier said than done though!

I love reading this thread! I get so excited for everyone going on dates and indulging in Coffee!! And I have to say I am very impressed with Bant and his Coffee antics!

FlorentinePogen Tue 04-Dec-12 21:50:43

First date in 11 years so genuinely a bit nervous.

OK Bill, a tip, seeing as you've been out of circulation for a decade or more...........grin

Gentlemen's smellies have moved on from Brut 33 and Hai Karate. Get something decent on you. If you are, ahem, lacking in the quality after shave dept., here's a tip. Get along to your local John Lewis or other dept. store and find the after shave testers. (A personal fave of mine by Creed is called 'Aventus'. Normally £155 for a bottle !)

HTH. grin grin grin

OhWesternWind Tue 04-Dec-12 21:53:41

Yoga going back to the last thread, I'm with you in that I'm looking for the whole package, so to speak, and the Coffee, however hot, is just one element of that. At the moment I'm really hoping I've found something good but only time will tell.

Twat of an ex still hasn't signed. No idea what to do. He's ignoring all communications from sol and estate agent.

It will be two years in January I've been free of him. I don't miss him one bit, neither do the children. He will die a sad and lonely man. But he casts a long shadow and I just want/need this house sale to be done then that's it and I really can make a fresh start, hopefully with LM, in 2013.

I waited eighteen months before I started dating. I knew when I felt ready. I still have a few wobbles but after eighteen years with an abuser I suppose it's no wonder that I don't have as much confidence as I might. I'm getting there, though. Looking back over the past two years, I'm amazed at what I've achieved - moved areas, sorted out new school for dcs, got a new job, bought and started to refurbish a house, got a new car, faced ex in court and won, worked hard to keep the dcs safe and happy, learned to drive on the motorway and got a new man. Phew.

ike1 Tue 04-Dec-12 21:55:04

Flo that's a bloody stealth boast- nothing wrong with Denim is the 'mark of a man'... so the Supermarket has it eh? Might give it a whirl ..where in the supermarket did you meet?

FlorentinePogen Tue 04-Dec-12 21:58:50

ike, you've lost me re. supermarket. confused

ike1 Tue 04-Dec-12 21:59:28

Soz Flo that's to Mercury..

mercury7 Tue 04-Dec-12 22:00:15

there was a coffee shop in the supermarket wink

FlorentinePogen Tue 04-Dec-12 22:00:29

M'kay. smile

Secretservice Tue 04-Dec-12 22:00:50

Thanks Mercury. The old me keeps creeping thru to seek permission for all sorts of things!

Secretservice Tue 04-Dec-12 22:02:05

coffee or Coffee shop?

ike1 Tue 04-Dec-12 22:03:12

It makes sense..merc

OhWesternWind Tue 04-Dec-12 22:03:23

Oh Kirsty are you sure about having Mr Cheeky back? Didn't he mess around a bit? The copper sounds a better bet maybe.

Hello Stookie! And lovely to see NoMore and Ss back. You go, Secret! Sounds brilliant. And Nature, so pleased Ironman's still going strong.

Bill - don't get nervous about the date. It's not really a date proper at this stage, more a quick meeting to see if there's any possibilities there. Hope it goes well.

ike1 Tue 04-Dec-12 22:04:16

Well i suppose you are kinda shoppin for Coffee in the coffee shop...

Yogagirl17 Tue 04-Dec-12 22:04:17

Western you have achieved so much in the last two years. You are awesome and will continue to achieve great things for yourself and your DCs xx

ike1 Tue 04-Dec-12 22:05:40

Yes OWW if only the bugger would play ball...what does your sol say??

mercury7 Tue 04-Dec-12 22:06:08

we had coffee in the supermarket, but not Coffee, I'm still not sure about Coffee, I'm probing him by e-mail right now trying to make up my mind confused

mercury7 Tue 04-Dec-12 22:08:09

the last time I had Coffee with a new person it was rubbish, put me off of trying anyone new and since then I've stuck to tried and tested providers

Nomorepain Tue 04-Dec-12 22:08:10

Good luck with your date Bill. I was petrified in my first date but I actually had a really lovely time and lots of chat. Was a good experience.

Western - you have my absolute admiration. You are doing a brilliant job. Your ex sounds like a worm. No words of advice from me just keeping my fingers crossed that he signs soon!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.