Anyone with experience of Trevor Mann Baby Unit in Brighton? PinkyNail is here, it could go either way and I'm scared

(385 Posts)
BadNails Wed 18-Jan-12 17:30:06

Are they good here? Do the nurses advocate for you? Or am I going to have to fight for her every step of the way? I'm slowly running out of fight.

They think she has NEC. She was doing so well, I can't believe it.

I'm on my phone, just waiting with DP. I need some hope. She was baptised today so I know I'm not in a good place.

NearlyDunne Wed 18-Jan-12 18:29:06

My bro was born their 3 months premature he had all kind of things wrong with him. he is in his 20s now.

DeeCrepitude Wed 18-Jan-12 18:30:22

Thinking of you - don't give up hope. x

WillbeanChariot Wed 18-Jan-12 18:31:30

<squeezes hand> It is amazing that you are still expressing. And it is the best thing you can do because as Pinky recovers from this horrible illness she will need your milk to be gentle on her insides.

I know of a few babies who have been through surgery for NEC and come out the other side. One of DS's NICU buddies had a stoma that was reversed before she went home. DS had surgery for his PDA. It was utterly bloody terrifying but he coped very well. These babies are fantastically resilient.

TooImmatureTurtleDoves Wed 18-Jan-12 18:33:56

Oh Badnails, am thinking of and praying for you and Pinky.

hiddenhome Wed 18-Jan-12 18:35:10

Sending a prayer for you and your baby.

Medical professionals never like to come across as very optimistic in these circumstances, but babies have a strength all of their own and it's amazing what they can achieve.

Positive vibes for Pinky xxx

Faverolles Wed 18-Jan-12 18:35:59

Also sending prayers and good vibes.
Hope you get some better news soon xx

KinkyDorito Wed 18-Jan-12 18:36:58

I'm thinking of you both. Sending prayers xxx

ranteetheranter Wed 18-Jan-12 18:39:32

Have been around since your first thread. Thinking of you and sending you, dh and pinky all the strength in the world xxx

Tmesis Wed 18-Jan-12 18:51:53

I'm sorry things aren't going better; will be thinking of and hoping for you and PinkyNail.

VeryLittleGravitas Wed 18-Jan-12 18:54:43

Sends hugs and prayers.

Happenstance Wed 18-Jan-12 18:56:53

Sending Prayers for You, your Dh and little Pinky, hoping shes on the mend soon all my love.

lucidlady Wed 18-Jan-12 18:58:43

I havent posted on your threads before but I've been following your story. Thinking of you and Pinky. Sending you big un-MN hugs.

CotherMuckingFunt Wed 18-Jan-12 19:08:40

Prayers to you and Pinky.x

WhiteTrash Wed 18-Jan-12 19:20:26

Im from Brighton. My babies havent been at the TM but at the Royal Alexander.

However, Ive heard great things about the baby unit at Trevor man. Im in Lewes now, so I had a choice of having my 8 month old in Haywards Heath or Brighton. We chose Haywards heath so long as I was 37 weeks plus when he arrived. If it was before we'd have gone to Brighton because they are brilliant for prem babies, the equiptment etc. My midwife agreed to this.

I hope your baby gets home soon.

Prayers to you and pinkynails. x

Combinearvester Wed 18-Jan-12 20:00:40

Oh BadNails I didn't think they could get NEC at 12 weeks, so sorry. Hope they don't need to do surgery but if they do, remember the risks / stats for surgery outcomes are based on the infants who usually get NEC, i.e. the real littlies who get it at 3 days after their first feeds etc. Your DD has been fighting, drinking milk, breathing, getting stronger for 12 weeks - she is strong compared to the others who go through this.

Thinking of you.

hurricanewyn Wed 18-Jan-12 20:04:14

Prayers for you, DH and little pinkynails. I hope you're all home soon xxx

slowburner Wed 18-Jan-12 20:08:58

Sending you every single positive thought I can muster, my DD is asleep in her bed upstairs, we didn't think she would survive her first week but she is here with us x

FoxyRevenger Wed 18-Jan-12 20:09:49

Badnails, I'm lighting a candle and saying a little prayer for Pinky, your teeny tiny precious girl.

Hold on.

xxx

Mirage Wed 18-Jan-12 20:25:40

Thinking of you all and will say a prayer for Pinky tonight.

Thinking of you all and fingers ever so tightly crossed xx

ABigGirlDoneItAndRanAway Wed 18-Jan-12 20:48:17

Hope makes a good recovery, you have both been through so much already x

ABigGirlDoneItAndRanAway Wed 18-Jan-12 20:48:42

Sorry should have been hope she makes a good recovery.

BadNails - lots of love to you, thinking of you all and have everything crossed. xx

FriggFRIGG Wed 18-Jan-12 21:00:48

I have lit a candle for your beautiful,strong baby girl.

And the pumping,i know it must feel fruitless,but it isnt,Expressing your milk is the best thing you could possibly do for her right now.

Hold on pinky.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now