Anyone with experience of Trevor Mann Baby Unit in Brighton? PinkyNail is here, it could go either way and I'm scared

(385 Posts)
BadNails Wed 18-Jan-12 17:30:06

Are they good here? Do the nurses advocate for you? Or am I going to have to fight for her every step of the way? I'm slowly running out of fight.

They think she has NEC. She was doing so well, I can't believe it.

I'm on my phone, just waiting with DP. I need some hope. She was baptised today so I know I'm not in a good place.

Allthewhitehorsesarestillinbed Tue 13-Mar-12 11:17:50

Just sneaking back under my nc... Gen's repeat hearing test was good. Slight loss in left in the middle ear believed to be caused her cold smile

We're doing really well and I'm still on cloud nine some three weeks later...

PoppadumPreach Tue 13-Mar-12 17:37:28

I've been lurking. so so pleased to hear your news.

all the luck in the world to you and Gen! xx

beatofthedrum Wed 14-Mar-12 19:57:36

Wow, so amazing for you both. Very happy to hear such good news.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Wed 28-Mar-12 18:33:52

More good news, long may it continue. x

I know that the very hard journey Badnails had to make was recorded here and she has said that this thread is 'put to bed' but I was wondering if she's still on MN, and how they all are now?

themadfiddler Mon 06-Aug-12 11:22:19

just read this thread all the way through. how amazing that she is home, what a wonderfully strong child. and you are incredible too! i wish you all happiness smile would also love to know how she is doing

BadNails Tue 07-Aug-12 21:33:53

Hello, yes, still here but have reverted back to lurker mode the last few months. I do still pop onto the Prem thread from time to time so was pleasantly surprised to see this one at the top smile

I am more than happy to update! I actually think it's important for those in NICU to see/read what happens next - I know I needed to believe there could be a life outside of the incubator, there were so many days where I thought we would just stay there forever like in stasis.

Gen is just over nine months actual age now, roughly six months corrected. She is still on the wee side at a little over 13lbs but she is (proud mother emoticon) doing bloody amazing grin

Milestones are being met, food is loved and she is just a very happy, chilled out baby. Of course we have appointments with physio and audiology coming up and I long for the day when she is just 'ours' but it's a small price to pay considering the alternatives.

I still have fleeting moments of darkness, it's very similar to the worry that all parents have about their children but this is different to how I feel about my eldest in that it's tinged with real fear, the knowledge that comes with seeing your child in hospital. I cannot go near the memory box. I can only just about look at the photos.

It's nearly ten months since my obs consultant offered me a termination. When I look at Gen (and I am now, she's right next to me) I can't believe we lived through that. I can't believe how lucky I am smile

Thank you for the well wishing x

Thankyou for updating, Badnails. When I joined MN you were just detailing all of this, so I am really glad to hear that things are now on the positive side.

Both Gen & you have been amazing! x

themadfiddler Fri 10-Aug-12 00:16:17

how lovely smile i am very happy for you badnails

NatashaBee Fri 10-Aug-12 00:18:57

So glad everything is going well... Great update!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now