Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

T1 diabetes - bumps, births, babies & beyond!

(336 Posts)

New thread, form an orderly queue here please >>>

grin

Gingerbreadpixie Sat 10-Aug-13 16:47:52

I've been convincing myself that the mild cramping and low down pressure ive been feeling is my cervix dilating. But I've had no significant increase in cervical mucous and no show so I might be deluding myself!

Hopingforno2 Sat 10-Aug-13 19:31:25

You never know ginger I was 2-3cm with hardly anything other than the odd twinge that I put down to nerves lol

Gingerbreadpixie Sat 10-Aug-13 20:38:17

Fingers crossed!

newbie6 Sat 10-Aug-13 20:54:24

Good luck ginger x

Gingerbreadpixie Sat 10-Aug-13 21:33:30

Thanks newbie x

Hopingforno2 Mon 12-Aug-13 20:25:37

How are you ginger ?? And everyone else of course?

BonaDea Mon 12-Aug-13 20:33:13

How'd it go Ginger?

I didn't get a sweep as they couldn't get anywhere near it! Hope your cervix was a bit more favourable.

Gingerbreadpixie Mon 12-Aug-13 23:17:20

Well I had the sweep at about 2:30pm today. It was difficult because my SPD had me in tears of pain before she even touched me with having to lie on my back! Once I got into a less painful position it wasn't too bad. It did hurt but was manageable. She said I was about a fingertip dilated so I figure no more than 1cm and my cervix didnt feel particularly stretchy.

Nothing dramatic has happened since. No show, no contractions. Just some mild cramping (which I was getting anyway!)

Bit of an anticlimax really sad

Poor you ginger if you ask me the examinations are the worst bit of labour/pregnancy etc. at least she could reach it when I went in to be induced with ds (35 weeks second baby) she could barely reach it I wasn't dilated at all but it still went well.

I just gave myself my evening levemir dose by accident. It's double my morning one hmm

Gingerbreadpixie Tue 13-Aug-13 08:37:27

Oh blimey. Lots of top-up snacks for you today then?

I was up all night blood testing to catch a 3am hypo which I then over corrected. Bah!

Well the weirdest thing is it won't effect me until tomorrow hmm looking forward to a carby day grin

Gingerbreadpixie Tue 13-Aug-13 11:17:35

Get some doughnuts in! :D

BonaDea Tue 13-Aug-13 19:33:53

Spotty - better than taking your evening dose of levemir in novo rapid which I have done at least three times in the past. Thankfully I've always realised what I've done - 20 units or so of novo not great just before bed!!confused

Ginger - keep us posted! A new thread baby is just what we need grin

Went to see a friend and her twins today. Teeny tiny little boys of 5.3 and 6.4 lbs. unbelievable that DS was ever as little as 6lbs 9 (he dropped to that a few days after birth).

DS can pull himself up now hmm he's not even nine months yet and only 7.5 corrected! I want another one already but not allowed <humph>

Definitely time for a new thread baby!

Hopingforno2 Tue 13-Aug-13 21:18:20

Huge good luck for tomorrow ginger flowers hope it all goes well and quickly. Thought id post just now as its my ds 1st day at school tommorow so id likely forget or be unable to see through tears

Gingerbreadpixie Wed 14-Aug-13 09:43:41

Thanks, all. Feeling nervous but I'll be fine when I get there I'm sure!

I'll update when I can xx

Good luck! It will be fine smile keep your eyes on the prize wink

BonaDea Wed 14-Aug-13 18:18:42

Good luck! Think of the carbs you can eat afterwards!

dieciocho Wed 14-Aug-13 20:51:10

Hi everyone,
Sorry to have missed the build up ginger, fingers crossed for it all.
We've been at the seaside - V was not a fan of the beach, not enough shade.

I had a pre-pregnancy appt. today with obstetrician just to see what the future might hold after the trauma of the cs.
She seemed positive and we agreed that the best course of action would be to get myself into labour around 36 weeks (like I did by mistake this time!). She said that I should get and become confident with the pump before trying to get pregnant again. Madness! Of course I'm not planning anything yet, maybe in 2 years time. I just like being informed and prepared.

BonaDea Thu 15-Aug-13 21:34:30

Hi Diec. Nice to hear from you!

Sounds like good planning to me. I'm thinking about 2 years too. Can't decide whether to resign myself to a cs or consider pushing for a vbac (prob madness but it seems weird never to have had a contraction).

I thought you couldn't be induced with a vbac? Two/three years is a good gap I think smile hard work though wink

BonaDea Thu 15-Aug-13 21:47:35

Spotty I have no idea. You might be quite right! Guess if I felt v strongly about it I could refuse induction and wait for labour... Or just have the cs and be done with it!!

dieciocho Fri 16-Aug-13 20:21:57

I had early contractions, but I REALLY want the real thing.
So I'll be pushing for a vbac. Yes, induction is possible after cs, my dr. confirmed it, but said that she'd only be happy to try a sweep and the drip both with time limits.

BonaDea Mon 19-Aug-13 21:29:20

Good to know. The consultant told me that if I had cs this time, chances of a vaginal delivery next time were practically zero. But I like to take these things with a pinch of salt. wink

Wonder how Ginger is...

Hopingforno2 Tue 20-Aug-13 08:37:02

I was wondering about ginger too bona

Finally got a consultant appt for next month 5 months post baby! Got dsn tommorow hoping to get the ok to return to fitness classes from bg point of view but having now googled it I need to find out if its ok in regards to my eyes too confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now