Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PG after MC - the Posifrickingtivity gathers pace, the Laura Ashley skirt has been returned

(990 Posts)
Bakingtins Sun 19-May-13 08:56:59

New thread ladies, let's hope the good luck continues!
Shall we start with stats?

Sunday 19th May - today we are pregnant!

GaryBuseysTeeth: 1DS, 1MC, EDD 10th Aug
Pentagon: 1 DD, 2MMCs, EDD 31st October, next scan 14th June
BumpKitty: 1MC, 1DD, EDD 12 Nov, next scan 29th April
Shellshock7: 2MC 1DS EDD 12 Nov Next scan 28 June
Bodicea: 0DC, 2MC, EDD 16 Nov. Next scan 25th April
Ibelieveinpink: 2mc, EDD 17 Nov next scan 7th May
Lucky13: 1DS, 1 chemical, 2MC, EDD 23rd Nov, scan 11th May
Janielovescake: 1MC, 0DC, EDD 25 Nov, next scan 11th May
Vocalista86: 1 MMC, EDD 30 November. next scan (12 weeks) 20th May
Vixjane: 2 MC, EDD 30 Nov, next scan (12 weeks) 21 May
Aoifebelle: 1MC, EDD 1st Dec, next scan 20th May (NHS 12 weeks)
Jmf294: 1 DS, 1DD, 1 MC, EDD 10th Dec, scan 3rd May
Zeux 1DD 1MC EDD 14th December, first scan 24th May
DIYandEatCake: 1dd, 1mc, EDD ?16 dec, waiting for scan date
Booty: 1chemical EDD 19 Dec (Xmas baby!) next scan 25th April
pumpkinsweetie: EDD 26 Dec
WillSantaComeAgain: 1DC, 2MMC, EDD 30 Dec, 6 wk scan OK. Next scan ?w/c 17 June
Bakingtins: 2 DSs, 3 MC, EDD 6th Jan, scan 23rd April
Mummytothearkbuilder: 1DS, 1 MC, EDD tbc (Jan 2014), scan 24th May

Zeuxippe Thu 23-May-13 16:11:16

Well the news is not good. I should be ten and a half weeks pregnant. There is a baby but it only measures 6 + 5 and I'm sure about my dates. There is a faint heartbeat, very slow, but no yolk sac. It looks as though the pregnancy will fail but they cannot be sure so will re-scan me in a week.

Just feel numb

Bakingtins Thu 23-May-13 16:17:42

Zeux I'm so sorry. This has been a truly shit week. I'm in exactly the same boat, rescan in a week but no doubt in my mind that it's only going one way.

GaryBuseysTeeth Thu 23-May-13 16:30:49

Oh Zeux, I'm so sorry for your news. I hope this week passes quickly for you....same for you Baking.

LuckySocks13 Thu 23-May-13 17:00:41

Oh no Baking and Zuex sad I am so sad to hear your news. Really hoping they maybe wrong about this. I was told at 8 weeks the baby wasn't there and now heart beat then 2 weeks later all ok. Wishing the same for you. Life is so cruel. Also thinking of you Aoife. Hugs for you all xxx

Zeuxippe Thu 23-May-13 17:02:01

Meant to say thank you everyone for your support. I don't think there is any hope really.

baking I'm so sorry things haven't worked out for you either x.

Will come back on in a week and let you know the news but I think I'm basically out.

Goodbye and good luck to you all x

DIYandEatCake Thu 23-May-13 18:47:16

Oh no zeux I'm so sorry it's not good news. It really has been a shitty week hasn't it. Thinking of you and baking and aoife.

BlackholesAndRevelations Thu 23-May-13 18:54:15

Oh I'm so heartbroken for you, zeux, baking and Aoife. Life's a big massive pile of shit and so unfair at times. sad sadsad xxxxxxxxxxxxx

baking and zeux I'm so so sorry you are both going through this - sending you lots of love and hugs.

We have our early scan tomorrow morning and we are petrified x

BumpKitty Thu 23-May-13 20:26:02

oh god that's so sad baking and zeux and so distressing to wait a week to have a scan when you know in your heart it's no good. I'm thinking of you both xxx

Good luck for tomorrow mummy

BrieMonster Thu 23-May-13 20:58:59

Hi bumpkitty.. How are you doing?
I'm 31 weeks on Saturday. And ever so self conscious especially reading all the sad news of the week. I'm so sorry for the heartbreaking developments. Can't say anything to help obviously I just wish everyone the best.

BlackholesAndRevelations Thu 23-May-13 21:05:25

Good luck mummy xxx

ChocolateCremeEggBag Thu 23-May-13 21:07:23

Oh no! I'm away for a day and come back to such sad news. I'm so so sorry Aoife, Bakng & Zeux life is so fucking shit at times.
Sending you big hugs and hope you are getting lots in RL too
flowers flowers flowers

I had a very small bleed this morning (which went to brown by lunch so think should be nothing) but it brought home how I am not ever going to feel "safe" until I have a baby in my arms.
I am so glad to have all of you here to help me through it, really hope that I am able to help some of you too.
Feeling so sad.

Good lcuk tomorrow Mummy - we need some positifrickingtivity !

DIYandEatCake Thu 23-May-13 21:12:46

Will be thinking of you and wishing for the best tomorrow mummy. I'm getting scared about my 12 week scan already and it's still nearly 2 weeks away. I may not be on here for the next week as off on hols (in the uk, nowhere exotic!), but will be thinking of everyone.

IBelieveInPink Thu 23-May-13 21:19:51

What a horrific day. I'm so sorry zeux.

Good luck for tomorrow mummy.

Chocolate - how scary for you lovely. I'm sure like you say is nothing. Remember brown is fine!!

Worrying about everyone now (myself included) can we please all just sit in a big ball of cotton wool? Seems much safer sad x

Vixjane Thu 23-May-13 21:39:18

Thinking of you zeux and so sorry this is happenng.

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow mummy

chocolate hope you're ok now and no more spotting. Brown is fine as ibip said

BumpKitty Thu 23-May-13 21:46:17

wow brie 31 weeks that's ace, I bet you still feel like you have ages to go though! I'm good thanks, I had my 16 week appt today and got to hear the heartbeat, so.. very pleased and grateful and trying to take nothing for granted ibip i'll come and join you in the cotton wool please - we could do some literal nesting smile

choc you sound very sensible and calm, brown is good xx

diy i wish you a lovely relaxing (with a toddler!) migraine free holiday

Pentagon Thu 23-May-13 22:25:19

oh man, it has been a truly crappy, sad week for this thread :-( Aoife, Baking & Zeux my heart goes out to you...flowers flowers flowers

mummy good luck tomorrow!

choc glad the bleed was a small one and has now stopped.

bump so glad you got to hear the heartbeat today - it must have put your mind at ease! I'm still upset that I didn't hear it last Friday but I think I've been feeling the baby lately which has stopped me from going insane!

brie I was wondering how far along you are. Nearly 31 weeks - wow! Not long to go now, hope you're feeling OK.

shellsocks Thu 23-May-13 22:26:31

zeux I'm so sorry and upset for you, life just isn't fair...I hope the week goes quickly and you are being looked after in RL xxx

baking and aoife hope you are coping ok tonight and have lots of hugs with your DP x

Good luck for tomorrow mummy

choc sorry to hear abt your bleed, fingers crossed that's the last of it

God pink I'm with you, we all feel so fragile at the moment, so glad we have each other to talk to

BlackholesAndRevelations Fri 24-May-13 05:43:52

Another big bust up with dp. That makes two this week. Seriously worried about our future sad

ChocolateCremeEggBag Fri 24-May-13 07:40:45

Oh honey I'm sorry you are going through it with DP <holds Blackholes hand> maybe time to go and do something fun and totally non baby related? I realise I know none of the details so sorry if this is inappropriate.

jmf294 Fri 24-May-13 07:51:29

Blackholes- some time out and something fun sounds a good suggestion.
Keep talking to him even if you feel like throttling him. People cope with stress very differently and right now being pregnant after a loss is a hugely stressful time. Plus hormones makes things even more tricky.
Find some time for both of you together if that's possible.

I'm having a duvet day today- been struggling for weeks with exhaustion and nausea and been dizzy since yesterday.
Back to bed for me soon.

IBelieveInPink Fri 24-May-13 07:59:24

I could soo do with a duvet day today! Been a very, very long week, and looking forward to a rest this weekend.

Blackholes - do you want to tell us about it? Not meaning to pry, but sometimes just getting it out there helps? Totally understand if not.
Something fun sounds like a great idea. Me and DH have also been 'tense' recently as he has so much on at work, so we are planning something fun for this weekend. No idea what!! smile

WillSantaComeAgain Fri 24-May-13 08:53:51

Oh, oh, oh, what a sad time for everyone. Posifrickitivity to mummy, and lots of hugs and support to zeux, baking and aoife.

Another one wanting to join you in the big ball of cotton wool - though I'd settle for my bed. THe only time I am happy and relaxed at the moment is when I'm reading my favourite-of-all-time-ever-in-the-world book (Gone with the Wind) - about the tenth time I've read it? And I get so absorbed and lost in the story that while I'm reading I can forget about everything else in the world, which is all I want to do right now!

Booking appt yesterday, and I arrived and burst into tears, told the midwife (who was an angel) that I couldn't do it, and I wasn't going to answer any questions about whether I wanted a home birth or whether I was planning on breastfeeding, and I didn't want to waste an hour of my time filling in a novella that I'll throw away in three weeks time. She was so understanding, and filled in the paperwork to book me in for scans and bloods, and agreed to book another appt when I'm 12 weeks to do the rest of the paperwork. I've also got a private scan (for a very bargainous £70) on Tuesday, which I'm hoping will be enough to get me through (sanity wise) till I'm 12 weeks. I'll be 9+1 on Tuesday, so if its ok, then hopefully only 3 weeks to wait till the next one.

Blackholes - do feel you can tell us if it helps, but obviously there's no need to. I am struggling with DH myself at the moment, and he's probably not that happy either, as I'm being a prize bitch to live with grinblush. ANd I've got the f****g inlaws this weekend. (They're fine, quite lovely really, I just don't want to have to speak to anyone)

GaryBuseysTeeth Fri 24-May-13 09:14:00

Good luck mummy!

Chocolate, hope that's the last of your bleeding.

Santa, sounds like you've got an excellent MW! Completely get where you're coming from...fingers crossed Tuesday comes around quickly.
Unfortunately all my favourite books are really bloody depressing, tried starting Children of Men (no-one in the world has been fertile for 20+yrs, a pg woman is found & it's all about protecting her), stupid bloody choice!

Brie, 31wks! I remember you getting your BFP <old gimmer>

Blackholes, here with a virtual wine and handhold if you want to talk about it.

Enjoy your duvet day JMF! We're currently having a Peppa Pig marathon & eating cucumber sticks.

Hope everyone has a peaceful, relaxing & rain-free weekend. x

Thinking of you all baking, zuex & aoife-Hope you are all being looked after, at this terrible time xx

Goodluck today mummysmile

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your dh blackholes, hope it's something that is resolved in time.

Brie 31 weeks, smile not long now, although i bet it feels like ages away to you x

Hope the weather picks up this week as it's half term here, hoping to get the kids out and about to make time go faster, still got just under 3 weeks to go until i'm 12 weeks and hoping i'll get my scan date very soon. If not i will bite the bullet and get a private scan, can't wait much longer to see if bean is ok!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now