Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pineapple & curried out. Walked miles, had sex. Now taking bets!

(135 Posts)
mildred37 Wed 01-May-13 20:05:27

So. I'm fed up of having twinges, being told baby is engaged and that I'm huge or too big for dates angry. Have walked literally miles today up and down hills (back & legs didn't thank me for that), have been eating pineapple every day for weeks and taking raspberry leaf capsules, and tonight had a vindaloo & DH and I have DTD for the 3rd time this week. Any takers on ideas how long it will take for DC1 to finally make an appearance?!?! So desperate to get this baby out!!!!!!

mildred37 Mon 27-May-13 21:23:22

How is everyone doing? My niggles turned out to be a loss of plug but thats all....I'm now 41+1 and due another sweep tomorrow. I shall be begging her to break my waters!!

Any baby news??

samsmother Wed 29-May-13 22:47:55

Hey Mildred been thinking about you :-). How's things?

mildred37 Thu 30-May-13 07:57:25

Hiya! I'm fine thanks, 40+11 today and still no baby! I'm booked in for an induction tomorrow so am going to enjoy my last day of freedom lol!

s0fedup Thu 30-May-13 09:38:17

hiya, can I join please!
I am 38+4 and soooo fed up!
This is my 3rd (and final) baby so trying to enjoy my last pregnancy but I have been really suffering with SPD so been in excruciating pain for the past couple of weeks!!
My dh wants her to wait til she is 'cooked' but the thought of 10more days at least is awful!!
I have tried bouncing on ball (tricky with spd) walking (cant with spd) rasberry leaf capsules, evening primrose oil capsules.... arghhhhhhh!!!!!!
How is evertone else doing?

elsabel Thu 30-May-13 09:54:59

Hi, been lurking around and thought id join smile

Im 39+4. Midwife said im fully engaged and could go any day (but could also be a while). So obviously im symptom spotting like mad! Getting regular BH and the odd mild pain.

s0fedup i feel for you. Ive got sciatica and it makes this last part so much worse!

mildred any chance of little one turning up today and saving you the induction?

mildred37 Thu 30-May-13 12:31:00

There is always a chance! I was contracting yesterday afternoon/evening, and its started again today but could all stop again. Just need to wait and see!

Know how you're all feeling - I was told baby wouldn't hang about and would be here before/on/not over due date, but here I am 11 days over still pregnant. Go out, spend money and enjoy your last days of freedom while you can!

emjay78 Thu 30-May-13 14:34:35

Hi eveyrone another lurker/ joiner if that's ok! I am 39+1 with my first and 2/5ths engaged, but no signs of labour starting at all. Really tired now and can't wait to meet my little one, but have tried everything i can think of (apart from castor oil, yuk) to get he/she moving! Everyone has been telling me for weeks that i am bound to be early but turns out they were all wrong - i can see this dragging for another couple of weeks yet unfortunately. Am slowly being driven mad by all the comments and questions from friends and family - any tips on how to keep sane and pass the time?

elsabel Thu 30-May-13 14:42:15

Hi emjay i dont know of any tips, but i am going mad by it all to, especially the comments like 'i think youre gonna be late' by people who dont have a clue!

Im just trying to keep moving and doing lots of walking, cant really suggest anything else! Baby had better come soon as im spending so much money not being at work and having too much time on my hands!

bigkidsdidit Thu 30-May-13 14:42:54

I'm 38 weeks today and fed up now. Meant to have another week at work but going to finish tomorrow (guilt about that as haven't finished handover notes etc). DS at CM as normal until 20th June so I am relaxing!

I am so so tired. And uncomfy. There is not a single position I find comfortable. My ribs are bruised from the big bum in there and I can't wee properly so need to go every 10 minutes. I'm in a terrible grump!

Mildred good luck. My DS was induction adn even though it was a very medical birth, and not the hypno one I was thinking of, it was lovely, and I remember it fondly smile

emjay78 Thu 30-May-13 14:49:15

thanks elsabel - snap - i am spending cash like it's going out of fashion - i seem to want/need something new every day as i am so bored! Thanks for the tip - i haven't really left the house over the last day or two as i have been a bit cold-y but I will be dragging DH out for a walk (to the shops, probably smile) later to see if that helps - if nothing else it'll give my fat backside a bit of exercise!

Oh and best of luck mildred and i hope all goes well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now