Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - What are your New Year's resolutions for your baby?

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 27-Dec-13 04:32:34
StuntNun Fri 27-Dec-13 04:35:35

In 2014, J will:

- Start sleeping through the night.
- Get over his egg intolerance.
- Be given loads of hugs and kisses.

flouncymcflouncerson Fri 27-Dec-13 08:03:50

Marking place. Will be back later. Completely lost track if last thread but will try on this one!

Sophiathemistletoefairy Fri 27-Dec-13 11:35:27

Helllloooooo < voice gets lost in wind>

ReindeerIsles Fri 27-Dec-13 11:53:46

In 2014, Matilda WILL sleep.

I will also lose 2.5st and pass all my finance exams.

stunt sorry you had such a shite Christmas. I am really angry on your behalf. Please poas too!!

fruitpastilles Fri 27-Dec-13 12:04:23

In 2014 -
S will sleep for the whole night in her cot, not half in her cot and half in our bed!
She will get a library card and we will read lots of new books together.

Mummy will go back to slimming world - and stick at it!!

HoLilyChristmas311 Fri 27-Dec-13 12:11:18

In 2014 Olivia will certainly stop the whinging and whining. She will also start sleeping till 7am as the 6 am start does not work for mummy.

Mummy has lots of things to achieve but will keep those for herself for a while and share it with quiche later.

C's resolutions for 2014:
- sleep in his own room
- get past the awful chucking things temper tantrum stage
- read more books

My resolutions:
- lose weight ready to ttc at the end of the year
- help DP apply for his British citizenship
- get married

2014 is going to be a big year and I'm quite excited. Hope there aren't too many family dramas though. Fed up of those.

My new year resolution is to get even with the person who wrecked 2013 for me.

To get DD1 to sleep in her own bed

To work on LO's increasing self confidence.

To spend as much quality time with them as I can.

And to win the lottery.

Sophiathemistletoefairy Fri 27-Dec-13 14:33:21

To be happy.

Love my children as much as I most possibly can.

Get on top of this budgeting malarkey.

ChasingDaisy Fri 27-Dec-13 15:16:05

Oscar's New Years resolutions are to learn how to walk and to try and increase his confidence away from mummy.

Mummy's resolutions are numerous, but include passing her driving test and falling in love.

I also need to swear less.

flouncymcflouncerson Fri 27-Dec-13 15:30:03

stunt needs to poas???! What have I missed!

PurplePidjin Fri 27-Dec-13 17:13:59

R will:
- start the day no earlier than 6am every day
- walk without clinging to mummy's finger
- let us know what "bee" means

Mummy will:
- eat less so i shift the final stone of baby weight plus the 1/2 stone i need rid of to get to target
- be more patient

Back later. This time last year i was sobbing in mil's spare room and dp was spending his first night in hospital.

StuntNun Fri 27-Dec-13 17:48:47

Five days late Flouncy shock

Pikz Fri 27-Dec-13 19:00:26

Next year L will:

Consistently sleep through
Increase his self confidence away from mummy
Stop thinking he's a superhero

Mummy will:

Get married
Get pregnant
Laugh more with her boys

Misslaughalothohoho Fri 27-Dec-13 19:05:36

Evening peeps, and a belated merry Christmas!

I'm back to ask for advice, again! So some of you may know that last week we introduced cows milk as a drink and 36 hours later Olivia's sleep went out the window. 45 min bursts only starting at 3am. She was writhing around and screaming as if she was in pain, and seemed really windy.

So we stopped giving her milk, and I'm continuing to bf. Her sleep is still awful and for the last two nights I've end up cosleeping in the spare bed with her, at which point she has slept for 7 hours straight.

I know it can take a few weeks for the dairy to leave her system so it could still be messing with her sleep, plus she had her jabs on Christmas Eve so there's that to take into consideration, but surely if something was really wrong she wouldn't be sleeping soundly when we co sleep?

Aargh I just don't know. I don't want to get into a co sleeping habit now, but if it means we all get some rest then I'm more than happy to do it as I'm so exhausted.

Oh, and I think I'm in the 2WW shock

POAS Stunt!

Pikz Fri 27-Dec-13 19:11:19

Is it wrong that I'm very jealous of the 2ww and the poas!

Laughalot I don't know if it helps but we've had an horrendous month of sleep since he turned 1 and jabs he just has been awful. He is now only just sleeping through again after nights of screaming.

Lydiejo Fri 27-Dec-13 23:23:38

Made it safe to in laws with a sore bum last night. Today has been boring while DH tries to fix the car.

Resolutions for L
Learn to communicate besides no no no
Go to other people without crying
Learn to change her own diaper haha

For me
Start exercising so I will be fit to...
Start ttc!
Floss my teeth

ValiumQueen Sat 28-Dec-13 00:42:18

Me: sleep more

J: sleep more

ValiumQueen Sat 28-Dec-13 00:43:16

And also me get a promotion or move jobs before I go insane, and also regain my youthful figure.

YellowWellies Sat 28-Dec-13 02:57:01

J: get over his CMPI, be weaned so Mummy can TTC without worrying about tandem feeding, learn that walking is as much fun as climbing, sleep through regularly again, manage a nursery drop off without tears!

Me: wean J and eat my bodyweight in dairy, TTC from the summer on, be more patient and less sweary so J doesn't think Mummy is Peter Capaldi and 'cunting fuck' won't feature in his vocabulary, decorate the lounge and install a wood burner, to learn to drive, to love my boys and let them realise, everyday, how glad I am that they're in my life.

Just a few then....

wellieboots Sat 28-Dec-13 03:18:05

Mummy : learn to drive, lose the baby weight, get a job, learn to walk again, get a babysitter and have some dates

A : wean, self settle, sleep later than 6am, cope with childcare

So not much then...

Morning all.

HoLilyChristmas311 Sat 28-Dec-13 08:06:43

Morning. She slept 12 hours. I'm glad. My cousin called me to go for lunch at hers, there will be 20 of them. I declined, don't have the urge to see happy families. Going to swimming pool instead w my dad.

Pr, how are the in laws? Staying with you? How long are they here for?

This thread is not accepting new messages.