Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - Crawling? Already? Uh-oh!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 24-Jun-13 22:05:43
PetiteRaleuse Mon 24-Jun-13 22:15:39

Mine's not and long may that last grin

Kyzordz Mon 24-Jun-13 22:16:56

Marking place! Eric cannot yet crawl, he can roll back to front, front to back, sit, stand holding on, walk holding on and bounces like a trooper. As for crawling he flails like a disabled worm, but gets about doing so!

How are the other quiche babies doing in the movement department?

Pikz Mon 24-Jun-13 22:22:57

Have a crawler in need of a crash helmet here!

ValiumQueen Mon 24-Jun-13 22:31:58

J doesn't even sit yet.

I wonder if this thread will be slower as everyone appears to have fucked off to FB :-)

ValiumQueen Mon 24-Jun-13 22:32:47

See, I am even forgetting how to grin

BigPigLittlePig Mon 24-Jun-13 22:56:37

Lol VQ

F rolled once from front to back. No rolling since, in any direction. She can sit for hours. Today she reverse bum shuffled about 10cms. She does a wicked stomach crunch. But actual movement? No, no chance.

Suspect she has her mothers wibbly wobbly arms and therefore cannot support her rapidly increasing weight to crawl.

izzybizzybuzzybees Mon 24-Jun-13 22:59:18

Min can sit but cannot roll. We have laminate which doesn't help with the movement stuff!

StuntNun Mon 24-Jun-13 23:35:49

J can almost sit unaided at 7.5 months. He can't half roll though, you can't put him down without him flipping into his back. No sign of crawling at all, just angry parachuting. DS2 walked at 9 months, I suspect J may take a leetle while longer than that.

kirrinIsland Tue 25-Jun-13 01:21:57

Marking place

Lily311 Tue 25-Jun-13 06:17:06

O sits unaided even in slippery bath. She finally rolls from back to front and front to back, also does some commando crawling though she is extremely slow. She doesn't take steps when holding onto my fingers but likes standing up. My baby is growing up.

PetiteRaleuse Tue 25-Jun-13 08:20:00

"Angry parachuting" grin

StuntNun Tue 25-Jun-13 09:33:28

I can't remember who came up with that description PR but it describes it perfectly. He lies in his tummy with his arms and legs stretched up behind him, kicking his legs like mad as if he's trying to swim through the air. He doesn't even try to get up on his hands and knees.

PennieLane Tue 25-Jun-13 11:37:42

Hey! I think I've missed a couple of threads, marking place now.

LO crawls/rolls around-desperately need to baby proof. She also walks with her walker and pulls herself up on furniture. Think shell be a walker by 8/9months (like me). She does seem more toddler like now!

I have just got myself a new job-two days per week from jan (LOs 14 month bday actually!) feeling v happy as was redundant, and a bit lost. It's with old organisation in the same area, the job will eventually move to Mexico in 2015 but they want me to keep things ticking over until they recruit someone there. That's fine! Now need to find a good nursery!!

Passmethecrisps Tue 25-Jun-13 11:55:40

Hia pennie

My P rolls like a commando on an assault course. I have detailed on the other thread her attempts at crawling. Apparently DH walked at 9 months and I was about a year. Not sure whether p will follow suit.

Donnadoon Tue 25-Jun-13 17:37:49

tennis

StuntNun Tue 25-Jun-13 17:51:50

Was that an invisible post Donna?

PetiteRaleuse Tue 25-Jun-13 18:42:45

Well done Lily smile

Brockle Tue 25-Jun-13 18:55:35

nope but he does some lovely backwards swimming grin grin and rocking on all fours grin

Donnadoon Tue 25-Jun-13 19:00:18

Ha sorry I had no time earlier ...erm so no crawling here..she razzes around in walker though, pulling on curtains and table cloths and touching hot oven door ..you name it.
She sits up beautifully and rolls
And she got her first tooth last night/this morn... I felt it with spoon this morn giving her her shreddies ! grin

PurplePidjin Tue 25-Jun-13 19:07:50

Nice one, Pennie!

I have a rolling, sitting, angry parachutist here too. I crawled at 7m and dp walked at 10m so I'm frantically trying to make at least my lounge safe!

R went down awake shock well, drowsy. Opened his eyes then dropped off on transfer grin

PurplePidjin Tue 25-Jun-13 19:09:15

Oh and Tara Moore is 1 set all with Kaia Kanepi. Fx for a second British woman to get through tennis

ChasingDaisy Tue 25-Jun-13 19:10:37

Lovely getting together stories smile

So today I have confirmed with the letting agent that I am to be taking off the tenancy and have sorted the council tax. Just tv licence and utilities to go. I have also been house and furniture hunting. But mostly I have been having major wibbles about how I will cope alone. I am already exhausted and I don't have any housework or cooking to do.

ChasingDaisy Tue 25-Jun-13 19:14:15

Another rolling, almost sitting, angry parachutist here. He does stick his bum in the air but then face plants. He has suffered a lack of floor time since moving here though due to the dog.

Bryzoan Tue 25-Jun-13 19:48:37

Another angry parachutist here. Ge is acomplished at rolling though and can sit for a little while unsupported before flopping. He also likes standing holding on to r's sand and water table and playing with eating the sand and splashing the water. He is loving clapping - and this lunchtime I convinced myself he signed "more". No real babbling yet - which I am really holding out for.

Really lovely hearing your and dh's story Lily.

Dh and I met on a dive club ski trip. I thought he was a bit wet because he didn't like live music. He thought I was a noisy adrenaline junky. Neither of us would have imagined we'd end up together. But... A year later I ended up without a car and he started giving me lifts to dive trips, and the more time we spent together the more I fancied the pants if him we realised we had in common. And it went from there.

Kirrin - I'm so sorry I got you mixed up with horsey. I was reading too quickly and got distracted by the horse. Hope you are coping ok. It's a horrible situation to be in.

Horsey - sorry I took your name in vain! Hope all is ok with you and with LO's arm now.

Stunt, vq and pr - gin big hugs all round. Pr we went for the stair gate when we moved r out of the cot. She hated it, but has gradually settled and now goes straight to sleep. We went in and settled her every 5 mins to start with.

This thread is not accepting new messages.