Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Jan 2013 Part 4: More noises, movements and more sleep?! Hmmmm

(1000 Posts)
happyhow Tue 28-May-13 17:58:19

New thread!

I leave B during the night until he's making persistent noise - I don't usually wake up til then anyway! He's always wide awake; he's never done the dream feed thing. I tickle under his neck or blow gently on his face to keep him awake...

He's still in with us but will be going in his own room once his blackout blind arrives and we've given it a good Hoover. Probably in the next week or so.

B is still mostly in 0-3 clothes shock. I've started putting him in 3-6 vests but his other things mostly look far too big on him still (he's 19weeks). Sainsburys stuff is bigger though, as is Asda.

Hubby has taken B out for a long walk so that I can get some of this marking done. Bailey seemed to think that 3 15min naps today was acceptable so he's been doing my head in and I've gotten absolutely nothing done. He's just point blank refused to sleep today.

dp is being good, he got up early with dd so I could have a bit of sleep before he left for work.

Meringue33 Wed 29-May-13 19:01:53

Bugsy I feel your pain. At NCT group today there were two very good babies who sleep in their cots when tired, and often just fall asleep on mum or playmat, no tears, jiggling or anything! Meanwhile I was there with gorgeous little nap refuser who was just hyper and cranky all day. He would probably have napped if I'd gone for a longer walk on way there but I was just too damn tired to circle the park for half an hour in the rain!

Angie/Apples I had a revelation today. Never mind dads being able to share mat leave. What's needed is an equal amount of pat leave ie both parents off for a year. Tho not sure if it would backfire as we might end up just getting on each others nerves!

Birdies this LO only snacks when out so I have to make sure we're in a good chunk of the day to feed him up. Also I'm still crap at getting him into a good position/ latch when not in the comfort of home with a million pillows.

Please let the sleep regression end soon. Pretty pretty please!

Meringue thats the thing though..dh has a week off next week (note he booked the week after half term as holiday) and i know he will.be getting under my feet and on my nerves! Would just like more of a balance sometimes..i think its because he always works weekends.

My first 2"babies were the kind that just drifted off on the babygym or whereever they were. Dd1 didn't get the chance as we were ALWAYS on a school run. Ivy rarely does that sadly sad

Mrsbugsy just remember they do grow out of this stage and you sound like you are doing a great job flowers

happyhow Wed 29-May-13 23:39:30

I woke a sleeping baby and have lived to tell the tale... Mother in law brought B back and he'd fallen asleep. Didn't wake up for his bedtime feed so left him while I did some more marking. If it hadn't been for the fact that he was in the pram and had normal clothes on, I'd have left him. Managed to get him changed and in sleeping bag in record time without him properly waking up and somehow managed to get a pretty good feed in him so I'm hoping I'll get to sleep for a few hours...

Found you!

Update on us - Cameron has her third ear infection in a month, I have to lack for our centreparcs getaway tomorrow and get fanjo waxed and I am 30 in TWO DAYS.

all go at Bunty towers ;)

thanks all thanks. dd used to be such a good sleeper, hopefully this is just a phase

envy of centreparcs. we are hopefully going camping in a few weeks, if it stops raining

Tugstonia Thu 30-May-13 07:12:07

Morning all, happy well done for not waking him and hope you got some good sleep.

Poor Cameron bunty, really hope she gets over this infection once and for all. Have a fab time at centre parcs and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

DD went a record 4 3/4 hours between feeds last night! She did however wake up for good at 6am. But i'm hoping this is progress!

Meringue hope you had a better night. I also wonder how the hell other babies just fall asleep on their own, wherever they are.

Tugstonia Thu 30-May-13 07:12:43

bugsy guessing oyu didn't have such a good night judging by the time of your post... fingers crossed this phase will be over soon smile

Birdies Thu 30-May-13 09:27:07

bunty happy birthday! how dare you be only 30 envy

Had a better night - fed only twice then up at 630am. Was up another time though but I went for the jiggle to sleep option and it worked! Also, I think the daylight is waking her early. I have hope anyway!

happyhow Thu 30-May-13 09:34:05

I tested the theory of B waking in the night out of habit and not need. He's been waking at around 4.30am every morning. I decided to ignore him last night unless he got grumpy and he fell asleep and I didn't hear him again until about half 6. Will do it again tonight!

Got him to sleep on me just now. Transferred him to cot and he's now chatting away... Going to a neighbours for coffee this morning so hoping he won't be grumpy now that he hasn't really napped.

theboutiquemummy Thu 30-May-13 09:37:23

Found you x Happy I might try that one glad it worked

theboutiquemummy Thu 30-May-13 09:37:47

Is anyone weaning yet ?

Pascha Thu 30-May-13 09:47:56

One wake up at 2.45am! Then not a whimper til DS1 climbed in next to me muttering 'booboo! booboo' at 5.50am smile

I wanna go to centre Parcs envy

Iwanna be 30 again too envyenvy

Louise85 Thu 30-May-13 09:53:51

Sorry to everyone still having bad nights - what is with these babies - do they not know that us ladies need sleep...Dd was up at 5:45 and refused to go back to sleep hmm...Ds is a better sleeper than her at the moment - u just sort one kid out and the next gives you hassles confused

We move house tomorrow - am stressed out of my mind, was up far too late packing, am feeling s**t, the house is not just messy but filthy and its all just driving me insane and I just want to climb into bed for a few days and for this bad nightmare to be over sad ... At the moment I'm hiding on mn when I should be cleaning/packing or to-do list longer than my arm blush

Sorry for the moan blush

CreepyCrawly Thu 30-May-13 10:10:14

I wanna go to Centre Parcs too envy Actually considering stamping my feet.

I still have 7 years and a couple of months until I'm 30 though wink

Have a lovely time and a lovely birthday bunty. I hope Cameron's ear infection pisses off soon.

Meringue33 Thu 30-May-13 10:19:41

Happy birthday Bunty!

Hope the move goes well Louise. We moved a year ago when I was soo tired and sick about ten weeks pg. Stressful but nice once settled in. What's the new place like?

Another broken night here but bearable due to co sleeping. Don't want to get in the habit of this tho, I miss cuddling DP too much sad

Thanks all! I think we should all be jealous of creepy, though. can't remember what 22 feels like envy

Madam finally napping. She's ren resisting for an hour. Fingers crossed its a big 'un. I need a shower and to crack on and pack. hmm

Good luck with the move, louise!

Pascha Thu 30-May-13 10:40:03

can't remember what 32 feels like envy

Pascha Thu 30-May-13 10:50:11

Louise stop pissing about on here and get packing! Good luck for the move. Same goes for you Bunty. I hope Camerons ear gets better for good this time.

Happy I tried it with D but he just got louder and louder til I fed him so he was obviously actually hungry rather than just awake.

Birdies Glad X had a better night. Heres hoping she's more settled from now on.

Lora1982 Thu 30-May-13 11:04:44

Yawn. I really need to figure out time management so I can get out the house by 12!!

On the sleeping front hes good goes from half ten til half six, and sometimes at half six he just wants a dummy and gel go back sleepies. I thinks hes too young (20wks) to go in his room im too lazy to get up at half six and the food front I dont want to do that til he can sit properly hes been having tastes off my fingers though my mum got me this net type dummy thing that food goes In and they can munch without choking I think nuby make one and they are also doing a half price thinv til tonight I think so itl only be about £1

no not brilliant although she did drop back off till 7.30am which is good because I hate the really early mornings more than the middle of the night wake ups. touch wood she has been in a better mood this morning and actually took a nap in her cot

happy birthday bunty

pascha it's been a while since I saw the right side of 30 too...

brew and sympathy to louise

not weaning yet but I think we're going to try blw, so have been including dd in mealtimes, letting her sit on my knee and watch me eat, so she starts to get the idea.

Lostbobbles Thu 30-May-13 13:05:54

Happy Birthday Bunty, hope you a great time and C's ear get better quickly x

envy I want to go on holiday ideally without children

Oh and I am 21 because my 4yr old said so! grin

Lostbobbles Thu 30-May-13 13:09:36

Creepy envysleeping baby envy young!!! if you dare to add that you are a size 6 I will not be your friend wink

Lostbobbles Thu 30-May-13 13:12:22

Oh and Louise - happy packing not at all envy of that hmm

This thread is not accepting new messages.