Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - Vent, chat or brag

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 29-Jan-13 12:21:34
DonnaDoon Tue 29-Jan-13 22:18:14

biscuit

Sophiathesnowfairy Tue 29-Jan-13 22:31:39

Have lurgy :-(

TheDetective Tue 29-Jan-13 22:36:09

Evil we are synchronised! Period for me too! I think I'll start taking my pill tonight. Am crap at it though so I'm double bagging grin. I'm also scared I'll get a dvt as my bmi is way over what is recommended for the combined pill. sad I had to sign a disclaimer.

Fatima only reason he is in 3-6 is length. He is nowhere near filling them weight wise! He would still be in up to 1 month if he wasn't so very very long with mahoosive clodhopping feet. 0-3 is okay but there is no room for growth so I put him in 3-6 babygrows. Pants/tops fall off in 3-6 though. I think he is around 11lb 7. I am taking him to be weighed on Thursday. He was 10lb at 6 weeks.

BPLP I have a sheepskin liner in the Moses basket. No idea if it helps, he does sleep well considering though. VQ where did you hear about increase in SIDS? I found stuff to say that it increased the risk if your baby sleeps on it's tummy but not on it's back.

MM I'd get that gaffa tape on order! Oscar did a little shuffle up my tummy last week, and I was impressed with that but bloody hell you've got one feisty girl just like her mum!.

Passmethecrisps Tue 29-Jan-13 22:36:26

Buggery balls.

Still have my last-post virginity. Ah wells

VQ I am properly fucked off that your family are laid low AGAIN! WTF? I do hope you get some rest tonight - I know that is about as likely as a not very likely thing but all the same. Please, genuinely let me know if I can do anything.

MissL oh, that was a good question about the results. I would imagine that the ethics committee will insist that any participants are made aware of how to access the findings. I would love that unless it confirmed my suspicions that p and I are weird

The feet to foot thing is interesting. P wiggles so far down that she can still end up completely covered as she sits cosak legged on the bottom of the basket. As a result I now put p right at the top of her basket in her Velcro swaddle with a tiny but of cellular blanket over her feet and tucked in to the basket. I do that to form a 'seal' at the bottom of the basket to stop her falling out the end. Sounds unlikely but as she has an elevated basket I have found her essentially sitting on the end of the basket with her legs hanging over the end.

I love hearing about the nursery rhymes you all sing to your babies. P likes insy winsy spider but I struggle to remember any others. At bath time I sing "splishy like a fishy, splishy like a fishy" over and over again at different speeds. Sometimes I vary it to "swishy like a fishy" which is slower and accompanied by me swishing p's legs from side to side. She likes it but it's not terribly exciting.

Although I did remember a couple of songs in scots which my granny used to sing to me so I have been singing them to her.

TheDetective Tue 29-Jan-13 22:42:39

Why does Oscar smile waaaaaay more for DP and Ds1?

sad

Mummy rejection sucks. I hope he still loves me sad

GTbaby Tue 29-Jan-13 22:46:42

foot to feet thing hmm ill be honest i dont do it anymore.
there is only about 50cm gap above LO head and top of crib, and also he seems to like being at the top as he wiggles up.
he seems to kick the sheets of himself as well.

last time i put him in a grow bag type thing he just kicked about alot, but think a bigger grow bag might be better, have one someone, just got to find it.

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Tue 29-Jan-13 22:54:21

Goodness I just can't keep up!

Had a bad night yet again with J and my dd was up too. Just fed him and going to attempt taking him up to bed. Will need a lot of luck!

GTbaby Tue 29-Jan-13 22:57:47

Good luck transfer vibes being sent your way izzy

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Tue 29-Jan-13 23:04:09

Upstairs now and feeding again!!

Passmethecrisps Tue 29-Jan-13 23:07:50

Good luck izzy

Babies are weird. If p is asleep when I put her in bed I can guarantee that she will wake in 10 minutes upset and needing settled. If she is awake she will mostly stay asleep once she gets there

YellowWellies Tue 29-Jan-13 23:08:52

Pass Jonas did that when swaddled - the crib is still elevated but now in a grow bag he doesn't Cossack anymore. He does sound like he's running a marathon with his limbs flailing some nights though. Definitely poorer sleep for me listening to him - but he seems happier! Though his sleep is lighter hmm

TheDetective Tue 29-Jan-13 23:11:59

I think Oscar gets the whole bed time thing now. Sucking, shushing and sheep not been required again tonight. And despite only getting up at 12, he was still ready for bed by 9.30, so we bathed him, and fed at 10, he was asleep and settled by 10.30.

He seems to be flexible, if I get him up earlier, then he goes to bed earlier, but if I co-sleep in the morning, he will snooze away, but still goes to bed at an okay time. I quite like that flexibility.

Adding up how long he has slept in the last 24 hours, it is quite a lot. He still can't stay awake for much longer than an hour. 90 minutes maximum.

I am a jammy bastard. Eternally grateful jammy bastard.

<Spreads sleep sprinkles to everyone>

Passmethecrisps Tue 29-Jan-13 23:12:36

Weird yw. I wonder what it is about the swaddling?

We are still trying to get p used to not being swaddled. No luck yet

GTbaby Tue 29-Jan-13 23:14:15

Pass. Do u think LO wakes up n thinks "wtf, how did I get here?" N so is unable to self settle.
I moved LO other day n he looked confused when he woke up.

kirrinIsland Tue 29-Jan-13 23:22:02

I have to say I hadn't even thought about feet to foot because she's in a sleeping bag. She pretty much fills the Moses basket now anyway so it's a bit of a moot point. She'll go in there again tonight, but then I'm going to try the cot - just want my interview out of the way first in case I get no sleep at all!

Passmethecrisps Tue 29-Jan-13 23:22:15

I think that's exactly what happens Gt I think be wakes and panics because she isn't sure what's going on. Where as if she wakes after self-settling she can sort herself out because she knows what's going on.

TheDetective Tue 29-Jan-13 23:34:13

If anyone spots a nice red pram blanket anywhere, please let me know where, or link me! I want one to go with this plus other things I bought to mix and match!

I have blankets in every colour. But not plain red. Or red/white striped.

Yes. I admit. I'm a coordinated freak. blush

Everything needs to match. Down to dummy and socks. If applicable! I get antsy if they don't!

Was exactly the same with DS1. Poor kids.

GTbaby Tue 29-Jan-13 23:47:12

A blanket is a blanket right?
I got an ikea blanket. One of those 3£ ones. I can use that for LO right?
I so det they have them in bright red.

kissyfur Tue 29-Jan-13 23:53:53

Wow another new thread already! Hope I can keep up with this one..

LO finally passed out on the boob after being awake and grumpy all evening, going to attempt transfer now, please stay asleep baby!

kirrinIsland Wed 30-Jan-13 00:14:40

Why why why won't she take a dummy? she's been nicely asleep next to me on the bed, I put her in the Moses basket and she instantly starts getting all frantic. Get her out again, latch her on, she chews on me for 3 seconds and then goes back to sleep - and we start the whole process all over again. We are now on round three. I am loosing the will to live.

ChunkyChicken Wed 30-Jan-13 00:17:08

Too tired to do much more than mark spot...

Good night y'all!!

ValiumQueen Wed 30-Jan-13 00:17:16

Take up knitting detective

pass thank you. I really appreciate your kindness. There was a bug going around the school just before christmas and we avoided that so I think we have not done so bad. When you have one baby you can keep them protected from a lot of bugs but when you have more, then the bigger ones bring home everything and share. I had managed to keep the girls away from J pretty much until yesterday when I popped to the kitchen briefly thinking B was behind me. I returned to find her full on snogging J. He looked very puzzled, soggy and a bit breathless. She looked very pleased with herself.

J has slept for two hours so far tonight. Have had fun trying to get brufen in him. He is very hot and unlikely to settle until his temp comes down. A hot baby is a very scary thing. I am encouraged he was able to wake me, but his cries are pitiful. If he feels half as bad as I do I pity him.

His nappies are pea green smelly mucous. Gross is not the word. He is weeing ok and seems to be feeding relatively well. That is a good thing about bf, when they are ill it comforts them a bit.

ValiumQueen Wed 30-Jan-13 00:19:13

kirrin I feel your pain. It is so frustrating.

ValiumQueen Wed 30-Jan-13 00:22:23

detective you would be horrified at some of the things J wears. The other evening he had a pink spotty nightie, white hand knitted cardi, and blue stripey socks. He looked fab!

ValiumQueen Wed 30-Jan-13 00:23:34

With aa tiger print nappy. Forgot the best bit.

This thread is not accepting new messages.