Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - Don't forget the tummy time

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 25-Jan-13 09:47:12

Will try to keep up with this one!

fruitpastilles Fri 25-Jan-13 10:20:34

Can't believe there's a new thread already!

TheTiger Fri 25-Jan-13 10:22:01

Appropriate title as I constantly forget tummy time! I lied to the health visitor that he does it every day

fruitpastilles Fri 25-Jan-13 10:39:47

Tiger I done exactly the same, I have no shame haha! She hates tummy time and screams I don't think I forget so much as just don't do it because she hates it so much!
Do u think the HV can tell when we lie? smile

KatieLily12 Fri 25-Jan-13 10:57:45

fruit I bloody hope they can't tell! My LO gets constant tummy time sleeping on me or lies on her side next to me. I'd be reported of I confessed to that! She said 'don't be tempted to co sleep will you?' I nodded thoughtfully

Ahem

Brockle Fri 25-Jan-13 11:06:04

marking my place without a hope of keeping up smile

NotSoNervous Fri 25-Jan-13 11:16:00

How long will this thread last? A week? grin

NotSoNervous Fri 25-Jan-13 11:16:26

shock ha loving the new smileys

fruitpastilles Fri 25-Jan-13 11:17:22

Oh Katie does tummy time on me count? Brill if it does, she's always on her tummy on me! Not so much of a lie after all then hehe!
I hate it when HV's say things like that, it's up to us as the parents if we want to co sleep or not, don't they realise the way they make us feel when they judge all the time?

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Fri 25-Jan-13 11:20:19

Great thred title stunt as we are yet to do tummy time blush. However, DS does have pretty good head control and we sit up up a lot on us, or on his front on us a fair amount <clutches at straws>

nervous at the rate of the last one, I'd be surprised if it was that long.

KatieLily12 Fri 25-Jan-13 11:46:51

fruit I bloody hope so? ;)

To be honest I'm a bit cynical. If we do everything by the book- put them down on their backs to sleep and nap to a routine it seems we then need tummy time? You can't bloody win can you?

I paid enough for Osteo to know that DD is in no danger of an effing flat head....

KatieLily12 Fri 25-Jan-13 11:47:17

Also, I just inhaled a chocolate bar

That is all

StuntNun Fri 25-Jan-13 11:50:02

I never did tummy time with my first two and they managed to develop without it. It's just that back-sleeping can delay physical development of rolling etc. early on but they will still get there in the end. So tummy time is good for your baby but not essential.

TheTiger Fri 25-Jan-13 11:52:03

katie DS sleeps on his side next to me too. Health Visitor thinks he sleeps lovely in his basket and just gets out for feeds. I am terrble for just saying what they want to hear to get them out quicker. No more visits for us now thank god!

MissMummy1 Fri 25-Jan-13 11:58:24

Marking place. Just exposed myself to all of my neighbours answering the door mid feed. Dammit. blush

We are getting there sleep wise. Matilda now associates getting into her jammies a different sleepsuit as bed time. We've given up on stamping an early bedtime on her for now and just keep her up with us till about 10.30/11ish. Then have a big feed in bed and she's gone down the last 3 nights from 11 till 4ish, awake for a 20 min feed then down till about 7/8ish again. I love her a little bit more now wink

Happy burns day fellow scots! grin I might have a cheeky wee dram tonight seeing as we have no haggis! (and M no longer cluster feeds all night!) hmm

DonnaDoon Fri 25-Jan-13 12:03:11

Marks place ...again smile

Marking place.

fruitpastilles Fri 25-Jan-13 12:05:32

Jealous of the chocolate bar Katie. Stupid slimming world hmm

NotSoNervous Fri 25-Jan-13 12:11:34

I'm out with DD who is in a pink jacket and blanket and I get asked if I've got a little boy? Wtf

Catbag Fri 25-Jan-13 12:19:18

Now then. Back in a bit smile

PennieLane Fri 25-Jan-13 12:21:00

Maybe I'll have a chance at keeping up with this one! My LO hated tummy time too, but we've stuck with trying to increase by a few minutes ea h day and at 10 weeks she is happy with it, she actually rolled into her side this week, so I think it is strengthening her muscles.

blonderthanred Fri 25-Jan-13 12:23:46

Hello new thread. The last one started on Saturday right? Maybe time to implement GT's plan.

Poor Stunt should get an OBE for services to thread-naming.

DonnaDoon Fri 25-Jan-13 12:24:39

Yes Blonder she should bless her

BigPigLittlePig Fri 25-Jan-13 12:27:28

<waves from the other thread>

How is there already a page on this thread?!

This thread is not accepting new messages.