Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - Vent, chat or brag

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 29-Jan-13 12:21:34
NotSoNervous Tue 29-Jan-13 19:36:41

Marking place as I fail miserably to catch up on 700 pages of the last thread

ValiumQueen Tue 29-Jan-13 19:50:21

biscuit

PurplePidjin Tue 29-Jan-13 19:51:50

Signing up

Pikz Tue 29-Jan-13 20:05:30

Bragging about getting to eat my dinner with a fork AND knife. It's a novelty!

Brockle Tue 29-Jan-13 20:17:43

smile

fruitpastilles Tue 29-Jan-13 20:30:37

Marking place, also bragging that S has been fast asleep in her cot for 30 mins. No doubt she'll give me a rough night now for bragging!

fruitpastilles Tue 29-Jan-13 20:42:44

Spoke to soon! Knew it was to good to be true hmm

KatieLily12 Tue 29-Jan-13 20:57:01

Chat!

Today started grim- more food refusal and my 'try 3 times' for naps was a fail so bust out sling. Decided to go to baby yoga anyway and SO glad I did. We both loved it! LO slept well, fed well (!) then finally pooed as her grand finale!

Can't wait to do more baby massage/ yoga, it saved an abysmal day.

Going to try nap time again tomorrow. Wish me luck!

ComradeJing Tue 29-Jan-13 21:41:55

New thread already? I miss so much here being on the other side of the world!

Right, I need advice re DS sleep. He's 10 weeks now and his "nights" are 10pm - 10am ish (with wake ups for feeds). How do I bring it forward so he goes down with dd at 7? He just WONT sleep earlier. He has a good sleep around lunch time which he largely self settles for but in the afternoon his reflux kicks in so he just wants to be upright and wont settle and only cat naps.

Any ideas?

Evilwater Tue 29-Jan-13 21:43:02

You know I've been feeling very cold, I've been reading my old posts in the antenatal thread, and I started out to be cold all the time too. confused

Not sure if I need to POAS.
fuckfuck_

Evil

ComradeJing Tue 29-Jan-13 21:45:16

Also - where is the weight loss thread?

Feeling very jealous of everyone who can do baby yoga etc. Impossible with a toddler.

ValiumQueen Tue 29-Jan-13 21:45:31

BP you bad piggy. That was pass's thread!

J has pretty much lost his voice. Doubt I will sleep for worrying. Have cot elevated, angel monitor, but will still be into him every five minutes. I am worried I will not hear him if he needs me. I will rely on my boobs to wake me. They will tell me when he needs a feed. Of course that is if I get the chance to sleep...

Hushabye, don't you cry,
Go to sleep my little baby.
When you wake you shall have,
All the pretty little horses.
Blacks and grays, dapples and mays,
Coach and six white horses.
Hushaby, don't you cry,
Go to sleep my little baby.

I insert Billie for baby. From the film flicker I think.

ComradeJing Tue 29-Jan-13 21:46:00

oh dear evil...

Hello new thread!

POAS Evil

Comrade - M is the same, does 10-10 or 11-11 with feeds in between. I'm hoping she'll just shift earlier herself confused I'm not worrying too much at the moment. I probably don't want her to shift til 7 yet anyway as DH only gets home at 6. Someone will be able to give you better advice than me though smile

BigPigLittlePig Tue 29-Jan-13 21:48:50

Good luck katie. Having achieved naps in her crib for the grand total of 2 days, we're back to using the sling. Hey ho. It means my hands are free.

For only the 2nd time since LO was born, I have had a bath whilst alone in the house (well, apart from LO). I can only attribute this to the fact that she is worn out from the days activities and is sparko in bed smile. Her bed grin. DH has abandoned me to play football sad. The only negative about the bath was the cat getting cocky, missing his footing and falling in.

Evil I've been to Exeter once even though my brother was at uni there for 3 years so also not all that familiar! I do recall there being a large Tescos just off J30 of the M5, which might be better cheaper

LO starting to stir, bang on time for bedtime feed. She's slept brilliantly just under some blankets, so am in two minds whether or not to use sleeping bags tonight.

Evilwater Tue 29-Jan-13 21:50:05

I don't think I'm updiffed. Havnt had sex for ages. Plus I have no sickness.
Evil

GTbaby Tue 29-Jan-13 21:55:26

evil hugs.
reading the old thread has me convinced i'm not PG, i have none of the symptoms at all, so feeling relieved. however not POAS as haven't managed to get a pee stick. i don't want to tell H, and i cant go to the local chemist as news will get back to the family before i get home!
have found the local clinic so will book an appointment to get the injection. as much as i want a small gap i do not want to be preg just yet.

GTbaby Tue 29-Jan-13 21:57:44

how many threads has Pass tried to finish now?

Evilwater Tue 29-Jan-13 21:59:02

Just been to the loo, and AF is here! (Hurry grin).phew
I don't think I could handle another pregnancy and a colic baby! I do want another one, but not yet.
Evil

PennieLane Tue 29-Jan-13 22:02:40

I'm so sorry to hear your DS is ill VQ,you've really been through it. brew

My LO is 11 wks and still v much in 0-3, think we'll get a lot more out them, she's 9.5lbs unless 12wk growth spurt is epic!

zcos my LO started doing 11-6 at 8 wks, was 9lbs, gradually brought it forward to 10-7, will keep bringing it forward till 9.She feeds to sleep, just zonked on me now, but will wake if I leave room till she's fully off. She won't self settle initially.She does v occasionally wake at 5am (1-2 per week)Her naps in the day are usually 8-9am then 11.30-3.30 without waking, which are in the pram, won't sleep anywhere else except there it me in day. TBH rather than any of this, I think it's the hammock and luck-which will probably run out soon. 3 friends had the same and then were suppered by regression or teething, so I think it all evens out in the end. Hope that helps!!

Wow for crawling 8 wk old! That's amazing!!

Ps whoever recommended the DeLonghi dehumidifier-thank you!! It's amazing! 6 litres in 12 hrs!! (Sorry, I know that's only exciting/interesting to me!) biscuit

PennieLane Tue 29-Jan-13 22:04:34

Good news GT!! Been wondering how you're getting on!

Hope my last post wasn't a brag, genuinely wanted to answer zcos! blush

Evilwater Tue 29-Jan-13 22:09:56

Big sounds good. Can't wait.
Evil

BigPigLittlePig Tue 29-Jan-13 22:12:56

Evil are you on fb? Will check what days I have the car next week when dh home and let you know when I'm free.

Evilwater Tue 29-Jan-13 22:13:30

Yes I am, I'm on the group too.
Evil

This thread is not accepting new messages.