Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - come on stragglers, we're waiting for you

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 05-Dec-12 19:42:06
DonnaDoon Thu 06-Dec-12 09:49:51

hello ...Evil I cant figure my AF cycle yet either ..dd is 8wks( had her jabs this morning and is fine so far) anyway I bled for 5 wks then nothing...now spotting lightly...feel like i need to get back to normal in that department

Chunkychicken Thu 06-Dec-12 10:15:16

Got lost somewhere along the way...

MM & Seymour sounds both normal & will pass... Empathetic hugs.

YW A had 0.6ml of calpol prescribed by the Dr. Tiny, tiny little syringe!!

Glenda my medela swing pump says sterilise once a day and keep clean & dry throughout the day. You can just sterilise by putting through the top rack of a dishwasher too apparently. I use breast shells & occassionally pump. I sterilise in a steam steriliser then leave them until needed. If it was formula, I would only do what I needed each time, as once its open, I figured that the contents are no longer sterile, but for ebm, I leave them in there for a few hours once opened & use as necessary.

Glad your bits are feeling better detective.

Sorry if I missed anything - skipped end of last thread to catch up/mark spot.

Had a reasonable night (A fed at 12ish, I was asleep at 1.15, then I think at 4.15ish, but he didn't sleep after that until 2 nappy changes had happened and 6am had been & gone, then fed again at 8.30ish...) but I discovered a way to get him to sleep WITHOUT feeding him. It did require me getting cold & rocking him vigorously but still, its a step in the right direction.

TheDetective Thu 06-Dec-12 10:20:09

Why are men so stupid?! After the 6am 15 min job, of course he was back awake at 7 15 mins after going in basket. So by 8 I was trying to go back to sleep for another hour and DPs alarms (multiple) are going off. DS is crashing around the house singing lights on everywhere.

There was almost murder by the time I kicked DP out of bed and then had to text him 5 minutes later telling him to shut the fuck up and stop being a selfish bastard. Once again he had 7.5 hours unbroken sleep.

He is now making me breakfast in bed. Good bloody job!! grin

Going to attempt shower and dress after this!

TheDetective Thu 06-Dec-12 10:21:23

By men, I don't mean Oscar lol! He is automatically forgiven grin.

Chunkychicken Thu 06-Dec-12 10:21:31

It seems most DHs/DPs really struggle with a lack of sleep doesn't it? Good job we have the babies then/do the lionshare of the childcare, as women (in general) seem to cope much better despite sleep deprivation.

"Funny" story about sleep deprivation affecting you: I got the call about seeing a infant feeding MW and she told me the name of the MW TWICE because I wasn't sure I'd heard correctly. I wrote it down on our calendar. When we got there, I said the name through the intercom, they didn't have a clue. I was saying Paula Keeling, HEARD Paula but WROTE Tracey (her actual name). I still cannot remember the other person saying Tracey or even writing it down!!! Very tired.

Wow a whole thread has gone and I haven't even caught up on most of it. Plus I haven't updated the stats for a while. I'll have a look at doing that if I get chance.

Baby M was in a grumpy pants mood yesterday and didn't want to be put down. She spent the day either feeding or sleeping on me. We did get a bit of respite when she was in her car seat for the journey to Grandmas. Then last night after a few good nights she went back to not wanting to sleep in her basket. She was awake from 2-5 an everytime she fell asleep and I moved her she cried for boob again.
Last night I felt a not crappy with it and then felt really guilty. When she was grizzling in her basket I couldn't be bothered to move and feed her. I did obviously but felt annoyed and like a big milking machine. Please tell me this is normal and I'm not a bitch? I just felt like I wanted a break and all I do is feed.

Earlier last night I had a bit of a cry too. Had a relaxing lavender bath for my healing fanjo and inspected the healing. It's a lot better than it was but on inspection I discovered my fanjo is a lot Erm <cough> easier up access. So I then had a cry because I'll have a "bucket fanny" and DH will probably think sex is crap and then I got upset because I can't remember the last time we had sex and I should have had one last good shag before my bits were broken.
I know my pelvic floor won't be healed yet and I know DH probably won't care but that didn't stop me feeling crappy. Am I a complete weirdo? grin please tell me these strange thoughts are normal.
I think I must have had a fresh batch of hormones delivered.

Sorry for the epic woe is me post blush

On a lighter note we're going to do some Christmas shopping and to register Ms birth this afternoon

YellowWellies Thu 06-Dec-12 10:26:12

Tits what medication did you get? I've got a fluconazole tabs and daktarin cream for my boobs. It's amazing how quickly you get seen to after pointing out that one of the surgery docs prescribed your newborn with what could have been a fatal dose of medication. Still fuming, but having checked NHS guidance at least I know this dose is right.

TheDetective Thu 06-Dec-12 10:31:25

COMPLETELY NORMAL!!

Well, if there are 2 of us feeling the same... Then it counts as normal, yes?!

Night before last I felt exactly as you describe!

TheDetective Thu 06-Dec-12 10:32:49

Did GP ring and apologise?

Bet they are in trouble... Oh wait, they are doctors. Probably not in trouble then!!

I've got a strong dose of Fluconazole for now to deal with the thrush but doc says I might need antibiotics if its gone too deep not the tissue or f there is another infection there I have no cream or topical ointment though so isn't he just going to keep getting it back if its on the nipple? hmm

Dh pissed me off this morn too, ds woke at 6 but dh refused to get out of bed so I hauled myself and dd out of bed around 6:40.

When he eventually got up at half 7 for work I said it would be nice sometimes if you got up with ds on work days. He said he was going to but he's ill hmm he has a slight cold and actually I think it's more tiredness than illness.
They really are useless especially when tired, they're like children <rolls eyes>

J has 1ml of the drops 4 times daily.

TheDetective Thu 06-Dec-12 10:43:35

See I don't get it! He's just made me breakfast in bed while I'm feeding Oscar, and then just hoovered downstairs. Sounds like he has sorted the wet washing to dry too.

All I ask of him is to get himself up on time and quietly in the morning! I haven't even been waking him to change Oscar, which was the deal....!

I just don't get it!

horseylady Thu 06-Dec-12 10:45:52

Fatima - normal how youre feeling though after we dtd dh reported everything felt 'normal'. You will be fine. You're hormone levels are returning to their pre pregnancy levels. It's s massive drop to deal with.

Vq - hugs hope he continues to improve.

Detective and dh - kick them!! My dh has been useful (most of the time!!) he does suffer with tiredness but had always needed more sleep than me.

YellowWellies Thu 06-Dec-12 10:47:43

Fatima I'm terrified of having a bucket fanny too - not investigated or ahem, 'road tested' it yet. Am envious in this respect of the CSers (though I know it's silly as sections are bitches to get over so I'm being petty).

Tits if you have canesten or daktarin cream in the house you can slap that on your nipples in between feeds and just make sure you wash it off before feeding J.

Detective I spoke to a different GP - if I spoke to the one who misprescribed it - I would go feral. The one I spoke to was very, very apologetic. Roar Mummy Bear ROAR..... grin

YellowWellies Thu 06-Dec-12 10:53:46

Oh and tits get some activia or actimel yogurt / probiotic drinky things. HV said topping up on good bacteria would help me and pass onto LO thru my breast milk. Not sure if that's balls but worth a try. Bless DH he drove out in the storm about midnight last night to get some, and some calpol. Fed J a bottle until 1.30 and was up again with him at 5am as he'd only settle on him. He's gone to work now, I just rang him to get him to pick up my scrip - he answered the phone with a massive yawn - poor sod. He's so deserving of some nookie... if the kraken sleeps tonight he might get lucky. or more likely we'll both just collapse asleep

StuntNun Thu 06-Dec-12 10:54:23

Don't worry Fatima it will all go back to normal. I never got passed 2-3 cm dilated then had a section and my bits were all swollen afterwards too.

I sterilise the pump once a day then put it in the fridge between pumping. I use a new bottle each time as I don't like the idea of pumping warm milk into cold milk although in principle that would probably be fine.

Inspired by Catbag I am now babywearing for the first time. I have managed to load the dishwasher and he has slept in in and had a feed in it. I couldn't get him in to a front upright carry as he kept wriggling his head free of the fabric so it lolled backwards so I have him in a cradle carry which is great for hands-free feeding. I could get used to this!

YellowWellies Thu 06-Dec-12 10:55:57

Woo Horsey given we had similar births - that's v encouraging about DTD. Totally agree with your advice about DHs - kick em up the ass if they're acting like useless wet dishcloths. I'm a great believer that you get what you put up with!

YellowWellies Thu 06-Dec-12 10:58:03

Stunt what carrier have you got?

Think I'm addicted to slings and really like the idea of feeding whilst wearing the baby. Love my huggabub and mei tei but also have my eye on a caboo.... and DSis is passing on her baby bjorn when her daughter has outgrown it....

This is an addiction isn't it?

I've given up on sleep for teh day....

TheDetective Thu 06-Dec-12 11:00:28

Fatima, I had a section first time but I also had a failed ventouse and an episootomy too. So worst of both worlds really!

I have since been complemented on my down below by more than one man grin. Comments being 'you wouldn't know you'd of had a kid'. Charming bastards hmm.

What I'm saying is, it ain't all that bad! And do your pelvic floors!!

YellowWellies Thu 06-Dec-12 11:08:37

I'm seriously considering setting 4x daily alarms on my phone to remind me to do pelvic floor exercises.... As soon as anyone mentions them I start doing them - is that just me? blush <clenches>

horseylady Thu 06-Dec-12 11:17:56

I try to remember at each feed. I was very good but once I started doing more exercise I've lapsed a bit.

Yw - just take it slowly. It was ok, odd but ok. Think it felt odd as I was worried plus I hated dtd while pregnant as I just had no erm, desire to do it. That might have been more because i hated being pregnant (well hated my body) Was ok though.

I have the cari me wrap. We have some ridicously expensive proper hiking carrier too for when he's older and we do some 'proper' walks next spring/summer. Perhaps then the younger dog will have learnt to behave?!

Not just you YW I'm doing them now smile

Those of you who are expressing, how much are you expressing for a feed?
I expressed some yesterday but thought about getting DH to do the 11pm or 8am feed so I can get a bit more sleep but I've no idea how much she'll need. I know it's a bit like how long's a piece of string.
Or I might just freeze what I get so far

YellowWellies Thu 06-Dec-12 11:32:55

Jonas takes 100ml of expressed milk from his Dad in a bottle at 11pm. It tends to knock him out until 3 or 4am. Which is grand as I get a head start to bed about 9.30pm so I usually get 5 or 6 hours straight. He's 9 lb 3 oz in weight and a fan of big feeds and longish breaks between feeds - don't know if M is similar?

This thread is not accepting new messages.