Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011: losing sleep and gaining shoes, toddlers share with us their news

(997 Posts)
ecuse Mon 01-Oct-12 17:34:02

I have taken the liberty of starting a new thread.

Pile in!

brew wine biscuit etc

Ruluko? On google fonts

Get well soon Frak
Do you need us to send emergency chocolate supplies your way? Just name your poison. smile

Thread titles looking good, might I suggest the use of the rhyme two with loo/poo as toilet training will undoubtably become the de rigueur topic of conversation in the coming months.

Can we do a poo in the loo, now we are nearly two??

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 30-Jan-13 09:43:06

I am ignoring all this talk of potty training ...... I don't want to do that again so soon.

How are you today Frak? have you got a plan in place to help your recovery? No stiff upper lip malarky, you need nurturing and rest <gavel>

JKSLtd Wed 30-Jan-13 11:57:03

Frak hope you're ok today?

I don't want to go through potty training any time soon but, I would love dd to be out the other side.
Of course I know I'll get to do the fun of 2 at once as ds2 will hopefully get the idea from dd. hopefully-ish!

Have got a sticker chart up now for all 3, just so ds1 can join in.
Also got tonnes of Thomas trains off eBay collected today that may get used as bribery.
Not sure what to give dd though, ideas? Small an can live with lots in the house...

Just pulling up to eBay house his morning when dd puked everywhere. Nice.
I half stripped her, dabbed ineffectually with wipes and had to get trains then drive her home.
She's had a bath and doesn't seem worse for wear, prob just too many raspberries for breakfast!

Patch test appoint number 2 today! Train is in 40 minutes, B is sleeping! I'm going to have to pack up his lunch and take it with me! I'm also put of milk so he'll just be getting water <bad mummy>

I can't see any reactions through all the coverings but he was really unsettled last night. He was either itchy or the wind kept disturbing him!

I've just signed up for a 5k in Glasgow in July with the woolly hugs crowd! I've somehow been roped into being the organiser! Why can't I say no to things??

Kittycatcat Wed 30-Jan-13 15:45:38

Frak my marketing chap found your font;
The font is Pluto Condensed Extra Light. I'm sure your friend will be able
to track down a free/dodgy copy if they look around.

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/hvdfonts/pluto/cond-exlight/

Well done that man! I shall be keeping a note of that website. Very handy.

Home from the hospital. Bs back looks like a chess board and I have some charming doodles on my arm from where the nurse "demonstrated" to B the pen she was using!! I hope they come off for work tomorrow!

It looks like there are 5/41 possible reactions, one definite and a possible reaction to the glue of the tape hmm. I was slightly concerned that nothing would come up so the fact there is definitely something there I'm please about. We will have our culprit by Friday! <flicks through Thomas Cook brochure>

I've just finished my knitted knocker for the woolly hugs lot! Such fun!!smile

Kittycatcat Wed 30-Jan-13 18:00:16

That is what I like to call a Miranda reference wink?

That's positive then fizz

Kittycatcat Thu 31-Jan-13 17:59:40

I think s is still poorly. 3 ew nappies. 1 tantrum and meltdown in the co op. normally fine in there. And fell out of his cot. Both firsts! Yay.confused

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Fri 01-Feb-13 07:29:07

Sounds like, ahem, fun Kitty. I hope S feels better today and has a tantrum free day.

How did the patch test go Fizz, any conclusions? Well done you for signing up for the 5k and organising it. Do you know why you can't say no? Cos you is lovely and have a heart of gold grin smile

Final appointment this morning, but we have a clear back with some purple lines on it upon my expert insection this moring! The nurse was sure there were some reactions on Wednesday! So we'll see what the consultant says today. Can't wait to get him in the bath! He has something sticky in his hair that only a proper soak will get out!

A heart if gold sounds heavy for running with! But thank you! smile

clinic running lateangry b is running wild! grin

allergy confirmed as <consults back of fab packet consultant scribbled long list of letters on> octocrylene eurolex ocr! a uvb sunscreen. which is good news coz if it were a uva one we'd be stuffed as there is only one uva one. but loads of uvb ones! yay!

Starshaped Fri 01-Feb-13 14:41:12

Am I right in thinking that you'd suspected sun screen all along Fizz? At least you know for sure now anyway.

Hope S is feeling better today kitty.

The house is like a bombsite. I need to tidy up but just can't face it. I need a cleaner...

JKSLtd Fri 01-Feb-13 15:06:32

Wow, Fizz, I'm impressed with the process you've had for B. Nice to know for definite and be able to avoid it.

PIL here for weekend, they've gone to get DS1 for me from school and have plans to do an early birthday tea for me on Sunday smile
No MIL bashing from me!

Yes we knew it was something in it, just didn't know what, it could have been anything, a perfume, a colouring, but for it to be that clear for what we need to avoid I'm so relieved! Need to google it now to see what creams are free of it!

My heart was breaking today in the waiting room for a little boy, he could only have been 6/7 months, covered head to to in eczema or psoriasis or something. I felt quite guilty being there for a minor thing. Poor wee soul, his mum was saying they think its a food allergy but she was bfing and was basically living on potatoes she had cut so much out of her diet. I tried to find out if she was on here already as she looked like one of us, (well she moaned about not being able to have a glass of wine, so she must be) but my not so subtle hints were lost on her I think!

Argh!! Chemistry was not my forte! What are free radicals??

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Fri 01-Feb-13 15:45:10

Gawd knows, but you here a lot about them in face cream ads!

If you start a thread on here you might get some help.

Kittycatcat Fri 01-Feb-13 16:15:40

Good that you have a answer fizz.

Yes thanks. We met a friend and her ds who is 3 months younger than s at a play place. He went mad on the slide In a good way.

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Fri 01-Feb-13 18:24:47

Good news Fizz!

I'd have to google free radicals. I've let the whole of science down.

Ooh! Only 5 4 more posts left!

Are we going with the first title suggestion?

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Fri 01-Feb-13 18:34:18

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now