Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2011: losing sleep and gaining shoes, toddlers share with us their news

(997 Posts)
ecuse Mon 01-Oct-12 17:34:02

I have taken the liberty of starting a new thread.

Pile in!

brew wine biscuit etc

fraktion Thu 29-Nov-12 08:30:31

Awwww kitty hope you got some sleep in the end.

UBW M has had antibiotics and we have him probiotic yoghurt at the same time after the initial dodgy tum. It seemed to work quite well.

With pennicillin it can come on the second time you have it. Sometimes the body doesn't react to the first dose, but the reaction itself quickly follows exposure.

I need to do loads of stuff today and I'm just lazing ATM hmm.

Kittycatcat Thu 29-Nov-12 08:41:54

It was after 1. Then up again to feed at 4. A up at 640.

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Thu 29-Nov-12 18:19:37

Rough night, Kitty, hope you have a better one tonight.

Thanks frak, he's had some more today and still seems ok. (Although we have to bribe him with biscuits to even swallow any) his biggest issue now is his cold & blocked nose.

Kittycatcat Thu 29-Nov-12 18:27:24

We went to the docs. He's been prescribed gaviscon for reflux. His throat isn't swollen much at all and his cold is in his sinus and its not in his chest so that's not what's been making homesick. Plus he's been sick sporadically since mid nov. dh off til tue now thankfully.

Can I have a self indulgent whinge?

B was meant to be going to my parents tomorrow until Sunday as dh and I are going out with friends on Saturday. It was arranged ages ago and all the sleepless nights we've had recently we round off by saying, it's ok, only a few more days until he's away, long lie etc.

Well Monday mum dad bro and sis all got the vomiting bug. Mum and dad went back to work today, but apparently are worried about giving the bug to B if he goes up. The fact we were with them on Sunday and Monday just past and would probably have been ill by now anyway is by the by. I'm upset. I have a frock and everything. I was even planning a bit of drunken sex! Tmi sorry! But I was!

Anyone want a toddler for a weekend grin???

Kittycatcat Thu 29-Nov-12 19:49:20

Rant away fizz. That's pants. The end made me lol tho grin.cant you tell them you don't mind and you really need the break?

Ok, a minor miracle has occurred! Overnight my father has made a stonking recovery and now thinks they can take b! Good job I hadn't cancelled anything last night eh? So mad packing this morning!

Woo hoo!!

Kittycatcat Fri 30-Nov-12 08:08:52

Have a great timewink

Thanks kitty! Hope all your sicknesses are better now too. How are you getting on with the gaviscon?

Oh god! I've completely forgotten about the secret Santa!! I'll get it done tonight! So so sorry folks! <bashes head against wall>

Kittycatcat Fri 30-Nov-12 08:49:05

We are getting there. S' nose is less snotty, A is sneezing his out which is helping. He had two doses of gaviscon yesterday. No sickness. Made his strange noise with his 4am feed which he didn't have it for. And was almost sick with 8am feed. Fingers crossed. Off chrissy shopping with dh and the boys today tho mine is almost done. Yay.

<screeches in on knees> my thread in on the talk round up!! I'm so proud!
gringringringringringringringringringrin

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Fri 30-Nov-12 17:44:11

Which thread Fizz?

I thought of you when I saw these smile

my mooncup warning one! when I boiled my mooncup dry!

and you'll find I am also responsible for grin as mnhq forgot again! they should government me the job of Scottish ambassador!

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Sat 01-Dec-12 15:54:08

<unclenches buttocks and breathes>

Secret Santa draw has been done! If you sent me your details I should have sent you either a pm or a fb message with your match. If y haven't received anything please god don't let there be let me know!

Budget is £5 and last posting for parcels at Christmas is 13th December. Frak & Gsy I don't know about you guys, but I'm sure you'll know where to find out!

I'm off for some wine now! Ho ho ho grin

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sun 02-Dec-12 14:25:21

SS present purchased smile

Dh has taken ds2 swimming and ds3 is in bed so I am sitting here fannying around on t'internet and watching The Bodyguard!

The weather has been gloriously wintery this weekend, so we've been on some lovely long walks with the boys. No snow, but frosty and nippy. Anyone got snow? envy

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Sun 02-Dec-12 16:13:43

Hard frost here, but snow forecast! It might be a bad one again! Yikes! Snow shovels at the read!

B has been returned in one piece and he has had a ball by the sound of it! Mum and dad are off home for a rest now I think!

I think they might want to make it a regular thing! <does little dance>

Starshaped Sun 02-Dec-12 19:35:03

Hmmph. It's been frosty here all day but no snow here. No snow forecast here either, although we're close to both the Pennines and the Peaks and I believe they're meant to be getting some. S'not fair envy

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Mon 03-Dec-12 07:03:51

<let it snow, let it snow, let it snow>

Tree went up last night and B is enchanted by it. He just sat and stared at it for 20 minutes! Now he is pointing and waaaaah-ing! Makes the early morning worth it!

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Tue 04-Dec-12 06:02:07

Mooorning.

Put our first real tree up last night, so I'm about to get F up to have a look.

if it wasn't so early I'd be excited.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 04-Dec-12 11:16:35

How did it go UBW?

We don't put ours up until mid December, but all this talk of trees and pics on FB is making me twitchy and want to put it up.

Went into town with ds3 this morning and I'm now a step closer to finishing my Christmas shopping grin

I think ds's last lot of teeth are making their presence felt at the moment. Such fun.

Kittycatcat Tue 04-Dec-12 13:15:35

We are putting ours up Saturday

Talking of teeth I'm wondering if A is already teething. He chews manically i his finger (if one more person tells me he's hungry) and he 'bites' my nipple!!

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Tue 04-Dec-12 18:54:47

grin He thinks it's brilliant! He was just about to start his morning strop when he spotted the lights as we came downstairs, and suddenly perked right up!

We've just got home (late one <shattered>) and he's so excited about it! looking at each bauble individually.

We don't normally put the decs up till the middle of December but couldn't wait this year! We've really got into preparing F for the magic of it all.

Could well be teething, Kit, F had teeth pretty early, I think. (Still waiting for the last ones though)

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Tue 04-Dec-12 19:04:26

B has started undressing the tree! He brings each individual bauble over to us. Saying waaah, wooooo, waaah, it's like he is counting but not saying numbers!

Tonight he emptied the crisp cupboard bring each bag through individually hoping that I might open one for him. Chancer!

Anyone's LO got eczema? B has some quite fiery red dry patches come up on his legs. They seem worse with extreme temperatures. Ie just out the bath or just been outside rolling in puddles in the cold. I've slathered on some e45 and booked the gp for Friday.

I'd recommend Doublebass for the eczema, Fizz. It's very light and rubs in well i used to slather DS in it after his bath and it did the trick.
I developed mild eczema when in my late 20’s, never had it before then. This cold snap has given me a rather annoying itchy right knee.

I'm going to tackle the tree on Thursday. Got DH to get it all down from the loft last night when he came home. Sorted through it later on and realised the extension leads are still up there.

Both my DC have suddenly developed remarkably good appetites for their breakfasts in the morning, but alas I have a feeling it will only last as long as the advent calendar does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now