Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011: losing sleep and gaining shoes, toddlers share with us their news

(997 Posts)
ecuse Mon 01-Oct-12 17:34:02

I have taken the liberty of starting a new thread.

Pile in!

brew wine biscuit etc

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sun 18-Nov-12 11:00:03

That's what it looks like!

How are all the sicky babies doing? B appears to be on the mend. I loving ly made a pot of chicken soup that he point blank refused to eat. So he is back to normal really!!

Kittycatcat Sun 18-Nov-12 18:04:17

That's good fizz. No more puke but coughing and snotty here

Oh forgot to say kitty, got my card! thanks he is adorable! smile

Kittycatcat Sun 18-Nov-12 18:11:11

grin thanks, I'll take a pic of him in his boots and put it on fb.

Dh and are both unwell now sad

Kittycatcat Mon 19-Nov-12 09:52:11

Oh that's pants sad

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 19-Nov-12 13:37:59

Oh blimey, I'm going to put one of those SARS masks over my face when reading this thread.

I hope everyone affected is doing ok as possible. Being ill is rubbish, being ill whilst having to look after a little one is even worse.

kitty and Fizz - have you seen this thread on a product test for c-section scars? I thought of you both when I saw it.

Starshaped Mon 19-Nov-12 14:12:07

Cripes, SARS mask firmly on here too. The sickness lurgy hasn't reached us yet although DD is full of cold again...

Hope that all the poorly babies (and mums) are bearing up ok.

I'm dyyyyyyyyiiiiiinnnnnngggggg. B has had a miraculous recovery which is great, but we really don't need a full of beans baby!

MrsWajs Mon 19-Nov-12 21:37:04

Ohh dear, glad I have given you all a miss weekend, who knows what I might have caught! Just joking. Hope you're all feeling a bit better soon.

<touches wood> R hasn't been ill for a while so we're probably due a bug of some sort soon! She did however, have the mother of all meltdowns today in starbucks. She wanted to drink my hot choc, which obviously I wasn't allowing, so to show her displeasure she knocked the cup over, spilling it everywhere and then proceeded to throw half her croissant at the poor lady sitting next to us and then screamed solidly for about 15 minutes while I ignored her and ate my lunch. I thought it was 2 years old that was meant to be terrible not 19 months!?!? I don't suppose the whole situation was helped by the fact that I POAS'd and got a BFN this morning and have raging PMT. AF also iced the cake by arriving an hour ago....grrrr.

Re: speech Gsy R can say far too much! Her latest statement is " wha ya doin'?" and she likes flushing the toilet for me now too "mummy, poo......flush" I've occasionally heard her counting to herself as well, she is managing 1-10 pretty consistently.

chillikat Tue 20-Nov-12 14:24:59

I've managed you avoid your sickness bugs so far smile . M has a cough still but it's not bothering her.

MrsWajs sounds like you had an interesting lunch out. M gets stroppy when we won't give her the Sudocreme tub to play with. She's fab at getting the lid on and off. I'm thinking some plastic boxes with lids are all she'll need for Christmas.

Still not much in the way of speech - 'hiya' and 'b-bye' is about it, in English anyway. She does seem very fluent in her own language but sadly I'm not. We've managed to teach her to nod so at least we can ask yes/ no questions and get an answer now. She seems very pleased with this too.

In other news we've still not sold the house and a great one that we wanted has been sold sad but there's someone coming for a second viewing here tomorrow.

Hope everyone is feeling better now.

Feeling much better today, still a bit wobbly but amazing considering I thought it was the end yesterday!

Words are few and far between here still. Although, uh oh is now accompanied by hands to mouth is shock! And most uh ohs are caused by b throwing his food from his highchair or pushing over things!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 20-Nov-12 16:06:16

Sorry about the BFN MrsWaj. Fingers crossed the pre Xmas shagging will do the trick smile

House buying and selling is shite chilli, you have my sympathy. It's all so bloody stressful.

Glad you're better Fizz smile

I made a huge batch of peanut and choc cookies this afternoon. Some for a bake sale, and some to keep (naturally!). Gawd they are good. I will have to ration myself with them <weak willed>

The ILTMIMI household are on austerity measures at the moment. For now I like the challenge, but it will soon become boring I'm sure. especially when we can't order a take away or eat out because I can't be arsed to cook.

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Tue 20-Nov-12 18:25:26

Hello!

Glad people a feeling better! I think ours was a reflux thing, linked to moving teeth. F developed a very rosy cheek last night, after being generally ok but off his food all day. By the end of the day he was running around like a loony again, and has been back on form again today. (Currently rocking out to some incubus!)

Sorry to hear about the BFN MrsW. Lets hope the next one gets it.

Not much going on he, except he's up at least once every night again. But with teething and a gammy finger, I'm not surprised.

Kittycatcat Tue 20-Nov-12 20:20:27

Sorry mrsw sad

Fingers crossed chilli

Glad ur feeling better todayfizz

Pass the biscuits ilike

Question. A often makes a very odd noise. It's sort of a strangled screeching gagging choking noise confused noise. He's always done it. I thought maybe he was holding his breath and that was him catching it. Today when he did I picked him up and rubbed and patted his back and he threw up. Not sure if it's connected but he gets terrible bottom wind. Any ideas? Reflux? Colic? Nothing to worry about?

Kittycatcat Tue 20-Nov-12 20:55:29

A just threw up all over dh. He sounds all wheezy now. Needs a good sneeze.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 20-Nov-12 21:35:11

If his breathing is fine and he's fine, then I would ignore the noise. But if you are at all worried, speak to someone about it.

Little babies are really noisy. Ds3 was terrible, we called him truffle pig.

Kittycatcat Tue 20-Nov-12 22:02:25

Usually it is when he's not full of cold. He does the piggy impression too.

Kittycatcat Wed 21-Nov-12 04:23:52

Are any of you there? In addition to being sick earlier A hasn't had his usual amount of feeds. The nappy I changed just now wasn't that wet which I get but had adopt of watered blood in it. I'm going to get a docs appt first thing as the list is long now: trouble when pooing, poo is dark brown, spotty skin that gets worse after a feed, cold, sick. Amy ideas?

Daisy17 Wed 21-Nov-12 07:48:42

Sorry, Kitty, no ideas but hand holding. Doctor's sounds like good plan. S used to have weird poo when he was very snotty and congested, sometimes with blood, might just be that. Apparently the mucus irritates the stomach lining. Hugs.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 21-Nov-12 08:42:49

Sorry no real ideas kitty, the Doc's sound likes a good idea though. Hopefully it's just a bunch of random minor symptoms that have all decided to appear at once.

The spots after a feed could be baby acne. The spots are caused by hormones passed through your milk, so it makes sense the spots would be worse after a feed. Ds3 had it something wicked.

Let us know how you get on x

Kittycatcat Wed 21-Nov-12 08:50:22

That sounds about right then re spots. Thanks.

No more blood in the last nappy and it was nice and wet.

Docs at 1010 but its the one I don't like

Kittycatcat Wed 21-Nov-12 11:12:47

Blood could be caused by a ruptured vein to his willy caused by constipation. Not sure about that confused. His chest is fine. Rash is as you said ilike. She said the noise could be from the trapped wind as he never winds well and I'm to try harder.hmm

Poor A Kitty. Hope he is better soon.

I'm on Mn tonight agog at the joint birthday party threads! grin Dear God, B is never getting a party if that is what it could decend into!

Back to normal today! Thank goodness, but I have just realised I've had my 3 ghings of bad luck.

1) My car broke down at work on Thursday and I had to be towed by the AA (8 in 10 are fixed by the roadside. I wasnt one of them) of which I wasnt already a member so it cost extra £££ to join on the day.
2) the plague
3) my ipad has stopped charging, so I drove through to Glasgow today to take it to the Apple store and they could only offer me an appointment tomorrow. Eh no thanks I'll not do another 100 mile round trip tomorrow Mr Geeky Chic specs with big holey earlobes!

Oh and it was the final payment on the finance of my car on thursday too! Spooky!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now