Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2009 - We'll be having Terrific Twos, thank you very much!

(371 Posts)
LifeOfKate Wed 11-Jan-12 22:28:50

New year, new thread grin

Welcome all smile

Good for you doing the video Blathers, I tend to us nap time for mumsnetting housework. I do have the Shred DVD but frankly it's boring so I tend to avoid it.

No naps over the weekend but gone down fine today, partly because he's tired after missing two naps but also I suspect because there's no daddy to play with!

Very proud of myself as I managed to strip the sealant from our bath and redo it yesterday, never done that before - now to see if it lasts.

what has my life become that that's the highlight of my weekend

Hope the m/w app went well Ethelred?

Blatherskite Mon 23-Jan-12 14:46:28

It was the Shred I was doing Lee! It's hard work but it's working!

Can you come and do my bath now please? The sealant in the corner has gone manky and I need to strip and reseal too.

Perhaps I'll give it another go - I desperately need to tone up sad

I'm feeling a bit of a DIY whiz now but I don't think you'd want my efforts on your bath Blathers grin

Hi all

Lee, I am impressed with your home improvement efforts! It's more than I could do... grin

Saw the mw on fri. All went well and went through the usual million page booking in form! She's put me down for shared care with the emphasis on consultant care for the delivery, based on blood loss and retained placenta last time. apparently I will see a consultant at 20 wk appointment and also they'll be monitoring me more, once in labour, but apart from that will be usual mid wife led care. So fingers crossed ladies. Think scan will probs be at end of feb so everything crossed until then. Feel really so much more anxious about it this time. confused

Good effort on the shred blathers!!! It looks terrifying! grin

Blatherskite Mon 23-Jan-12 21:00:41

I'm doing level 2 <preens> wink

Booking in as so exciting! It never felt real to me until I had those notes smile So glad all is going well and fingers crossed that it continues

Oh my god, j feel like I've contracted the black death!grin I started with bit of sneezing on Monday, woke up with the most horrible sore throat during the night Monday/Tuesday and now my whole body, including my face is aching. sad I have also never seen quite so much snot! I am praying Anna and DH don't get it as it is not very nice at all. Am back in bed again for day two of recovery plan! grin hoping that the bean is ok in there...

Oh Ethelred how miserable sad especially when you can't dose yourself up on industrial strength flu meds. I remember having a horrible virus at about 10 weeks pg with Andrew including a really high temp, (possibly swine flu?) I felt foul but clearly had no effect on him!

Hope you feel better soon.

Ethelred hope you feel better soon!

Unfortunately I had bad news at my early scan today - no heartbeat and far to small for dates. I have to go back to confirm next Thursday though, but back to the drawing board for us!

Oh Hercule, I'm so, so sorry sad

(((hugs)))

Thanks Lee. I actually, although a bit teary, feel quite matter of fact about it. I had been so worried that I couldn't get pregnant again after my c-section that I sort of now just want it all over so we can get on the case again knowing that eventually it probably will happen.

Perhaps I can look into this Shred thing I have heard so much about now blathers!

Blatherskite Wed 25-Jan-12 20:33:58

Oh Hercule sad

What sad news.

I miscarried between having Alex and Catherine. I only got to about 6 weeks so hadn't got to scan stage but it was heartbreaking. So sorry you're going through this.

Hercules so so sorry to hear your news. sadsadsad thinking of you.
Xxxx

Thanks everyone. Just feel a bit surreal really as no bleeding or anything yet. Of course I have googled far too much which never helps, although I never learn!!! I sort of just want it all over now, so we can get back to the trying, especially now I know my fertility monitor clearly works!

Ethel are you feeling better now?

Am loads better thanks, but still mega bunged up and still look terrible!! Hopefully tomorrow I'll be better still!

Just on another note, did any of you watch Emmerdale tonight with the wedding scenes? I was there when they were filming it as was in Harrogate for a meeting! (need to get out more!) grin

No don't google Hercule, it is always terrifying and often misinformed. It must be very hard to be in a sort of limbo like this. Have the hospital told you what to expect next? Are you signed off work?

Hope you're much better today Ethelred, I don't watch EMmerdale but they did film part of the new Batman movie just down the road here.

Tonight, at bathtime, I had just undressed Andrew and he came for a cuddle, announced "I need a wee" and before I could push him away peed all over me shock I was not impressed and DH laughed at it. Grr. On the plus side it does mean he knows when he needs to pee I suppose . . . Blathers how is potty training going?

Blatherskite Sat 28-Jan-12 08:05:29

Potty training is not going sad We did the weekend but then someone crashed into my car on Tuesday and I was so tied up with sorting it out phoning insurance people and garages and hire car people and having rather sore ribs that it kind of got forgotten about.

It was just me and Catherine in the car and thankfully we are both totally unhurt (apart from the ribs but they were OK after a couple of days) Unfortunately, my car didn't fair as well. It's fixable but is going to cost over 2k to repair. I'm so glad the insurance is paying for it.

Glad you're feeling better Ethel.

Hope you get things sorted soon Hercule. No more googling, it's never a good idea

Claire236 Sun 29-Jan-12 13:29:31

So sorry Hercule. Hope you're doing ok.

Must have been scary Blathers.

Had night out with dh last night. Used new babysitter which after having babysitter who turned up with friend, drunk bottle of wine, left takeaway containers scattered about, wet towels behind sofa & hair colour stained bath was distinctly nervous about. Our usual babysitter (who works at ds2 nursery) wasn't available but recommended this one so figured she'd be ok. Before we moved to Germany my parents always babysat so having to use babysitters over here was a bit daunting. Having lazy, slightly hungover, Sunday.

I take it the babysitter was ok Claire? I've never had to use unknown babysitters as we have a babysitting circle so I don't know how I'd feel about it.

I'm sorry to hear about the car Blathers, sounds horrible especially with Catherine in the car. Hope it's all sorted out soon.

How are you Hercule?

Exhausting day here - I have painted the kitchen, oiled the work surfaces, cleaned up and washed the floor. Now having a well earned sit down!

Hope the babysitter was ok and you had a lovely time Claire!

Blathers, how scary, especially with Catherine in the car - glad it is going to be fixed though.

I'm doing OK thank you all for asking! Thursday was horrible, I had a headache and I just felt teary all day and had a bit of a sob when with my parents. Since Friday however I've felt OK roll, just normal. I feel like I know I can get pregnant again now, and I know my fertility monitor works. I know I'm not pregnant, it just doesn't feel right compared to last time which I think I sort of knew tbh. I've looked up what options might happen next and whilst obviously not pleasant i feel quite practical about it. I have told everyone I need to, work are happy for me to have time off if I need it. I sort of just feel what will be will be and it has happened for a reason and better to know now. I'm actually going to work tomorrow, I have too many exam classes to be missing really and I know if I needed to come home I can, although I feel like I'll be ok, especially as a really busy day. I now sort of feel guilty that I'm currently not falling apart... silly isn't it!

I'm glad you're Ok Hercule, you will feel however you feel, there's never a right or wrong way to feel about difficult situations. Just be gentle on yourself.

Blatherskite Mon 30-Jan-12 13:34:39

I felt like that when I miscarried too Hercule. I had to keep going for Alex so I did. He would have been distressed if he saw me cry so I didn't. But I then felt guilty for not falling apart and crying!

It doesn't help that you'll have all sorts of hormones running through your system making things worse.

I hope you can get it all sorted soon.

If it's any consolation, I was pregnant with Catherine within 3 months and she certainly stuck around smile

Hi all

Sorry to hear about your car Blathers. That must have been scary with Catherine in with you. Glad you are both ok.

Hercules, so sorry for what happened, but as you said, onwards and upwards.

Had a bit of

...a scare this morn as was a bit of blood when I wiped. Not loads, but enough to panic me. So rang mw and the lovely mw I spoke to has arranged an early scan for me on Thursday. Have not had any more blood since, so praying it was just a little blip and everything will be ok.

Hope the new baby sitter was trustworthy Claire, it's always a bit of a leap of faith isn't it! grin

Just on way home and the DH and me are going to Anna's parents eve at nursery. Not sure how enlightening it will be, but we're showing willing! grin

How was the parents eve Ethel? Hope all is well for you at the scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now