Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2009 Episode 15 Bebe & BB have babies n stuff

(764 Posts)
PuzzleRocks Mon 25-Jul-11 19:13:24

Ta da

ZuluWarrior Wed 03-Jul-13 11:48:24

I have DS (4), from the April 2009 club, and DD (1.11). I don't think I ever made friends with you on Facebook - will see to that this evening!

DLA tribunal sounds stressful. Amazing the things I didn't know about SPD. I thought it always went away after pregnancy. I have a friend currently on crutches after getting it just from being in labour!

<counts blessings, yet again>

BoffinMum Sat 29-Jun-13 22:33:17

Zulu I have forgotten your original name, I am so sorry, so I can't remember how many offspring you already have and what flavours. Please fill me in.

I am more or less OK with a really good new job, but the SPD is quite bad. In fact I have a DLA tribunal looming imminently. Felix is doing great though. Such good company. He is like a mini me of his daddy!

ZuluWarrior Sat 29-Jun-13 21:08:19

Haha. Didn't think so!

Due in the next few weeks. It's a baby smile. Dunno which kind. Definitely the last though. My varicose veins have varicose veins.

How are you? Since we seem to be having a 2 way conversation these days.

BoffinMum Sat 29-Jun-13 20:04:37

Um, let me think about that.
No. grin
Zulu, have lost track of events. When are you due and what is it?

ZuluWarrior Sat 29-Jun-13 19:29:59

I'll try and do you some live labour updates in the next few weeks if you like smile.

Are you planning a repeat pregnancy Boff?

BoffinMum Sat 22-Jun-13 20:43:17

Fucking hell you lot have got so boring. Do we have to synchronise repeat pregnancies?? wink

BoffinMum Tue 18-Jun-13 22:50:01

I feel all Brokeback grin

ZuluWarrior Tue 18-Jun-13 21:52:31

Boff, if you were a man, I totally would smile.

(after I've had a baby, had a pelvic floor repair and lost all the weight, obviously)

BoffinMum Fri 14-Jun-13 21:13:58

I have decided to become a man.

Actually I am joking, I thought it might liven the thread up a bit. grin

ZuluWarrior Thu 11-Apr-13 22:10:05

We went to Deep Sea World AA! I thought of you...

Hi everyone xx

AuldAlliance Thu 11-Apr-13 21:31:54

Four??? Four years old? How did that happen?

Hope all the FW babies have (had) good birthdays!

PuzzleRocks Tue 09-Apr-13 08:05:20

Ooh hello, good to hear from you. We don't seem to use this much anymore. If you have facebook we have a group on there that tends to get used more often, come on over.

B52s Fri 22-Mar-13 10:50:24

Hi all, long time no postee. You all seem like old friends, even though I rarely post. Sam is doing well, can't draw anything recognisable (apart from 'potatoes' and 'onions' pictures he keeps bringing home from pre-school).

Still has a full nappy every morning, but is dry during the day, but we have gone back to pooing in his pants instead of the toilet. So frustrating.

I am full time at work and farm the kids (DS1 is 6) out to all and sundry, but it keeps me sane.

Schulte Tue 12-Mar-13 21:44:53

Ok I just had to come and find you on page 2 of the postnatal clubs list! The last post is almost a month old. That's not on ladies, or are you all too busy organising 4th birthday parties? wink

ZuluWarrior Wed 13-Feb-13 16:05:21

Bicnod has had some fantastic drawings on facebook over the last few months.

I'm a vegetarian. I too can't see the difference between eating a horse and eating a cow, but the drugs do sound nasty.

AuldAlliance Sat 09-Feb-13 09:13:58

Alex draws weirdy bubble men. He did write a big 'A' today but since he has to put his name tag beside a big 'A' every morning at maternelle it's not a sign that he's a child genius, I feel.
DS1 has taught himself to read in English, though, and I am v proud and relieved that I don't have to teach him myself. He's now tackling Oor Wullie annuals, with more mixed results.
Hope everyone is OK.

BoffinMum Sat 09-Feb-13 05:49:03

If it's not specially raised with the food chain in mind it has nasty vet drugs in it that are toxic.

Schulte Fri 08-Feb-13 21:51:53

<whispers> what's wrong with horse meat?

Schulte Fri 08-Feb-13 21:50:03

Oh, where can I see Bicnod's DS's drawing please? I mean I have seen some stuck on her fridge but... are there more?

I thought DD1 was some sort of arty wunderkind when she spent several days in a row working on a massive 'canvas' when she was 3... it was beautiful but nowadays she's into patterns and drawing speech bubbles and it's not the same really!

ZuluWarrior Fri 08-Feb-13 19:54:24

Has anyone seen Bicnod's DS1's drawings? The are AMAZING. My DS only does scribbling too..

TomDudgeon Fri 08-Feb-13 08:06:44

Same with Izy
Obviously takes after dh as the year before starting school I drew my teddies and they were so good my mum kept them. Trying to be unbiased but they * were* really really good. Sadly my art didn't improve much after that.

BoffinMum Fri 08-Feb-13 07:00:20

Felix can't draw, he just scribbles in different colours.

Schulte Wed 06-Feb-13 21:41:43

Ah yes I looked at Madeira but I think the flights just didn't work - we will only have two nights. It was the same with some of the other places, we would have had to stay for another night. So se have settled for Nice - have never been and the old town looks pretty.

Glad things are going well for you Boff! Can't believe our little ones are starting school this year - H doesn't seem ready at all, but then she still has a few months to grow up! Today she drew her FIRST EVER picture. While DD1 spends pretty much all her time drawing and colouring (and now writing and making books for me smile) DD2 never went near a pencil or paint pot. She always avoided the arts and crafts activities at nursery like the plague, but today she brought a drawing home that shows 'her family' aka 4 stick men, but I must say her drawing of DH is pretty accurate grin.

Must go - early night here!

AuldAlliance Tue 05-Feb-13 14:40:38

Corsica? Sardinia? Tunisia?

BoffinMum Tue 05-Feb-13 09:35:29

Schulte, Madeira?

I am fine, thank you. Having ditched toxic boss I am very happy at work, with lovely colleagues, nice office, more pay, and a healthier and less tiring commute. Yay! If anyone's in London do shout and we can have lunch. I work v near where we had the meet up, by the way.

In childcare terms I am a bit stressed as our au pair did a 6am flounce last Tuesday after I pointed out we weren't a hotel and she was supposed to work 30 hours a week, not 10 and then watch TV at my expense for the other 20 while I picked up after her and did all the housework. She was 22 but I think nobody had ever told her off before in her life. Lazy cow. Not that I am still cross, or anything wink

Offspring are good - DD in NY for 6 months finding her fortune. DS1 occasionally doing homework, DS2 doing really well at school and has settled down generally. Felix loves nursery and sees it as a second home (it is absolutely fantastic there, I have to say, and he is beautifully nurtured).

In terms of disability I had a terrible Xmas back on crutches. But the last two weeks have been much better than for years. So it's up and down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now